Page 14 of 207 FirstFirst ... 45678910111213141516171819202122232464114 ... LastLast

Thread: Microcyn Bladder Treatment (An Open Letter to Dr. Young)

Quote Originally Posted by CapnGimp View Post

Read the rest of the link...

Guess you folks did NOT read it.

"The Microcyn™ Platform Technology generates stable, highly efficacious pH-neutral products based on the science of hypochlorous acid (HOCl). This chemical is a highly efficient, but under most conditions, an unstable antimicrobial agent that is generated by human cells as a defensive agent.

Occasionally, through a lack of understanding of chlorine chemistry, the Microcyn Technology is erroneously described as dilute bleach. Bleach is an alkaline solution (pH>11) of sodium hypochlorite (NaOCl) which is the sodium salt of hypochlorous acid (HOCl), the active ingredient in the Microcyn Technology. These two chemicals exist in a pH-driven equilibrium. At pH 7.4, there are equal amounts of both chemicals in solution while at the alkaline pH of bleach the solution is greater than 99% sodium hypochlorite. The chemical properties of these two compounds, and thus Microcyn Technology and dilute bleach, are vastly different."
    Now Capn,

You are just getting plain insulting.

I can just speak for myself here but do you really think I had not read all that (and more) even BEFORE you? As for how antibiotics work, do you think I don't know a little on the subject? Don't you also know that what you say about the risk of taking "conventional" antibiotics is not known and disclosed, don't you READ the monographs, it's all there for you to read. So yes, we are concerned when taking them, who said otherwise?

The difference between me and you is that you are taking one side, I am not, I just like to learn.

As for the quote on the chemistry of it all, did you look at my posts before, the graph, do you see any difference in the 2 explanations?

Finally, as far as I know, a process is just that, a process. Once it's done it has no effect on the result. What I mean is that if there is nothing else (which is probably the case or they would have to write it on the label) than what they say in the solution, then it means that any other solution, no matter how it is prepared that ends up with the same concentrations of each ingredients at a given pH should also be stable, no magic here. Now, if their process is the only way to get a solution with said concentrations at a given pH (I doubt it but), how hard would it be for them to simply say "our solution is unique because it's stability, coming from the concentration bla bla bla at pH so and so, can only be obtained with our process." end of discussion (for that aspect).
    Pharmacist, C4-5 injury but functional C6 (no triceps/flexors)

wow, great thread! i havent been able to read the site much lately, i am glad i caught this thread.
    Gooeyduk helped me immensely with the PIE stuff, and i found a holistic practitioner in nyc that has the PIE and their usage of it was so much better of the one time i had it done in a doctors office,
    i really like the explanations on the cultures procedure that cryticgimp explained. i remember bob clarks hyd per method, but wasn't having uti 's at the time.
    cauda equina

Quote Originally Posted by crypticgimp View Post
    yes i've read the site, but i still will do my "testing" cuz it'll be FUN. despite skepticism, i still havent read anyone say they wont try it.
    Thank-you,
    i am a firm believer in checking others claims and works.
    cauda equina

Quote Originally Posted by CapnGimp
    Never one to jump on the bandwagon, in this instance, I'm already playing my instrument with the band.
    That's great, Capn -- I can understand that.

But what I can't understand is why you and Leila seem so adamant that everybody else sing along, no questions asked.

As CG said, everyone in the thread has said they're going to try it. Why such snarkiness for the folks who want to understand the hows and whys of it all?

JGNI -- It seems that thestreet.com asked Occulis the same question you did, and got the same response...
    It is easier to find men who will volunteer to die, than to find those who are willing to endure pain with patience.

~Julius Caesar

Quote Originally Posted by CapnGimp View Post
    Forgive me, but it just stuns me that as a group, who takes multitudes of harmful drugs regularly, with little to no benefit, this is treated with skepticism and disbelief, lol. Never one to jump on the bandwagon, in this instance, I'm already playing my instrument with the band.
    Hey man just chill, we're all in the same boat eh?

Question for all, has anyone priced the machines that produce this stuff? I have no idea if they cost hundreds, or thousands. Since Microcyn is rather expensive, if the devices cost in the sub $1000 range they might be a smart buy, especially since the solution can be used as a household sanitizer as well.

JenJen, I need some info from you.

John did not want me making the trip to SF with them because I've been too exhausted, so I'm "home alone"--resting and banging out emails. One of them was to Hoji Alimi, founder and CEO of OculusIS, and I asked him to initiate clinical trials with Microcyn for urological use. To my surprise he contacted me last night. I think it was your story that did it, but anyway, he wants contact info from my doctor friend--the one that does the bladder flushes with such great success--and any other physicians who have knowledge of Microcyn in this capacity. I remember your saying your medical team was behind you, and they have even recommended Microcyn to others, so do you think I could give their contact info to Mr. Alimi? You could let them know what's up. It would really help, JenJen, because they have seen what Microcyn can do to save a person's life, when used for bladder irrigation and preventative wash.

Take Care,

Leila (Susanne Lewis)

Good initiative Leila, you are dedicated which is a good thing, I hope they accept to investigate further.
    Pharmacist, C4-5 injury but functional C6 (no triceps/flexors)

Quote Originally Posted by crypticgimp View Post

<snip>now i am gonna make a disclaimer. THIS IS NOT A CLINICAL TRIAL. this is just a nerdy girl, with tools who is curious. nothing more or less. i will be using it on myself as well and will log what i see, smell, feel. it'll take a few weeks but i will report back on what i have observed. who knows, i may even take pics.
    Say there, LuLu, do you remember the irrigation solution that I use for my SP catheter? The RENACIDIN IRRIGATION SOLUTION, now that I've read this thread I realized that I haven't had a UTI since I started using it, are there any similarities between the stuff I'm using and the MICROCYN?

I'll PM you with the quantity, frequency and Uro's instructions in case you no longer have them.

Bob

As I was reading up on some of the side effects of the redacidin I saw this...

Except under special circumstances, this medication should not be used when the following medical problem exists:
    » Urinary tract infection (May lead to sepsis{01})

Read more: http://www.drugs.com/mmx/renacidin-i...#ixzz0mFiM3OFm

don't believe I would ever use this...and this was just 1 side effect...

Quote Originally Posted by YosemiteSam View Post
    Say there, LuLu, do you remember the irrigation solution that I use for my SP catheter? The RENACIDIN IRRIGATION SOLUTION, now that I've read this thread I realized that I haven't had a UTI since I started using it, are there any similarities between the stuff I'm using and the MICROCYN?

I'll PM you with the quantity, frequency and Uro's instructions in case you no longer have them.

Bob
    no, the stuff u use seems to be a glorified solvent which helps dissolves anything floating in the urine that bacteria may adhere to, while the other is an antimicrobial. i'm gonna guess microcyn's modus operendii is making the bacterium cell wall permeable and therefore allowing the antimicrobial in???
    "Smells like death in a bucket of chicken!"
    http://www.elportavoz.com/