Thread: Microcyn Bladder Treatment (An Open Letter to Dr. Young)

i stopped cranberry juice years ago, i was drinking the health food pure, ni corn syrup stuff , cut with water. i was peeing a lot and then i read that cranberry juice among others were bladder irritants,, caffeine falls in there also, i forget the whole bunch. i probably posted it here years ago, so should pop up in a search. There are so many things that counteract what we are trying to do, i was taking high doses of vitamin c, not extremely high , maybe 2000mg a day, high vit c ir ascorbic acid acts as a laxative. So we get effect we don't want trying to fix ourselves, The cranberry juice and bladder irritant, was a big one for me. i believe doctor young, said keep the urine on the higher side of the middle line , not the baking soda sucking fad. mineral oil when taken with dss which is the prime ingredient in enemeez, is also important to know, since when we are impacted and trying to get relief we may try a store enema, and the majority i see are mineral oil. Putting petro in my colon is not what i want, Plus enemeez and mineral oil, are bad for the body, i believe the dss causes the mineral oil to pass through the colon, which we do not want. Saline phosphate, which are also popular on the shelves can mess with the heart, That is what i have too watch for the lengthening of the q interval, resulting in torsades de pointes. AKA goodnight Irene to me. bisacodly enema, are sometimes available and hard to find safer natural non petrol oil enemas, peanut oil i have never seen but it is talked about a lot in Europe, easy enough to make. olive oil or peanut oil can be bought cheaply to make your own, lubrication to get the stool out being the issue.
    in my experience when your jammed up bad , the enemas don't even do anything, i am to dried out and have rocks inside, and i just get the fluid that can get around the impactions. That is why i say to knead the areas. after a PIE routine, on a toilet i would need the ares that were cramping up , and it was like i broke the damn. The massager really helps,
    i just looked at that website with the acid /alkaline. it is opposite of what i have been told here. i am really concerned with e-coli so maybe that has something to do with it, now i am concerned with kned bacteria
    Last edited by metronycguy; 12-12-2011 at 11:15 PM.
    cauda equina

Quote Originally Posted by gjnl View Post
    Sorry... SB????? Tried what yet???

All the best,
    GJ

I was just wondering if anyone else with Spina Bifida (SB) had tried the Microcyn treatment for chronic urinary tract infections.

anyone with SB have the MACE procedure? i have the approval from insurance, but not looking forward to it, i was wondering how big the hole is at the naval and could i hide it. I tend to be shirtless all the times when on my kickbike. I over heat . I was at the MAKERS FAIRE in queens NY in sept i think, i met a woman who had designed a fashion accessory to hold the insulin pump, I was wondering if a tattoo would camouflage the MACE hole. I have never seen one,
    cauda equina

also when buying the sterile saline solution, do i have that right/. i want to weaken the vf, the saline solution i saw on the web search was for contacts and expensive if i wanted to get a liter, Or is it just Is it just sterile water? Saline doesn't sound right, unless i was putting into colon. i finish meds tonight so i want to do a flush tomorrow.
    another reason i want a microscope is to look at the water that comes out of the tap. i want a scope i can attach a camera on it. My motto "you don't know unless you test"
    cauda equina

Quote Originally Posted by metronycguy View Post
    anyone with SB have the MACE procedure? i have the approval from insurance, but not looking forward to it, i was wondering how big the hole is at the naval and could i hide it. I tend to be shirtless all the times when on my kickbike. I over heat . I was at the MAKERS FAIRE in queens NY in sept i think, i met a woman who had designed a fashion accessory to hold the insulin pump, I was wondering if a tattoo would camouflage the MACE hole. I have never seen one,
    A lot of my friends with SB have had the MACE done. The hole is made in the lower abdomen and most cover it with an adhesive bandage. It is the size of a 12-14 FR catheter. They have had no complications with it due to becoming too hot.

also when buying the sterile saline solution, do i have that right/. i want to weaken the vf, the saline solution i saw on the web search was for contacts and expensive if i wanted to get a liter, Or is it just Is it just sterile water? Saline doesn't sound right, unless i was putting into colon. i finish meds tonight so i want to do a flush tomorrow.
    another reason i want a microscope is to look at the water that comes out of the tap. i want a scope i can attach a camera on it. My motto "you don't know unless you test"
    The MACE uses sterile water to clean out the bowel.

You only have to dilute (weaken) Vetericyn or Vetericyn VF if you have discomfort. Try full strength Vetericyn first. If it causes spasms or other discomfort then dilute it. I dilute Vetericyn VF using a ratio of 2 parts Vetericyn VF to 1 part sterile water or saline. I use saline because it is convenient, but either will work just fine. If you have discomfort with Vetericyn and have to dilute it, you will definitely have to dilute Vetericyn VF. Another approach may be to use part Vetericyn and part Vetericyn VF in your instillation.

When you use Vetericyn (or VF), it is not a flush, it is an instillation. That is you need to hold (plug the catheter) the instilled product for some length of time. Most of us who use Vetericyn (or VF) started out holding the product in the bladder for about 5 minutes and then worked up from there to about 20-25 minutes. Some people hold the instillation longer.

Good Luck,
    GJ

Quote Originally Posted by EricaBold9780 View Post
    A lot of my friends with SB have had the MACE done. The hole is made in the lower abdomen and most cover it with an adhesive bandage. It is the size of a 12-14 FR catheter. They have had no complications with it due to becoming too hot.
    i meant my body over heating in summer, i still wear shorts and micro, no cotton t shirts at home. in summer i can wear long pants and need a silk weight t shirt, and even at 80 degrees i am sweating like crazy, if i try and exercise on a kick bike , the difference between shirtless and silk weight is extreme, i get the moving air, even now i will have a fan in the window with 40 degree f temp and have the fan on me. Medication problem, it was a lot worse before , i stopped a lot of meds since it could have been serotonin poisoning. I already have a hockey puck on my side , a spinal cord stim, that does nothing, but attract a lot of attention when i am trying to cool off in the shade in wash square park in nyc.
    since i need to go shirtless, and hopefully i will get back on the kick bike and exercise, i just want to make sure it doesn't attract attention, let the hockey puck do that.
    cauda equina

My Vetericyn VF instillation procedure protocol

My doctor confirmed that I had a UTI and prescribed Cipro for me. I decided to try the Vetericyn VF instillation and not get the Cipro unless it didn’t get better.

I’m on day 6 now of my Vetericyn VF instillation. My pee cleared up starting on day 1, by day 5 my little man was feeling so good he greats me at attention when it’s time to cath.

For the first three days I did the instillations 3 times a day as I described in a prior post. And honestly, I didn’t feel like it was working other than making my pee look better.

Day 4 I went to once a day (in the shower stall prior to my shower).

To answer your question, I use sterile water. I use store bought distilled water then I boil the quantity I use daily (about 4 oz) for 15 minutes.

After washing my groin area I swab the front of my penis with Vetericyn VF on a Q-tip.

I cath with new (cath #1) using the Vetericyn Hydro gel as the lubricant to disinfect and clean my urethra. I dip the new cath into a smaller wider mouth container containing the gel. (Yes I know it says not to decant, but it’s clean and air tight.) I do not pee or leak out of my penis, so I clean the urethra on the way in.

After my bladder is empty I remove and discard the used cath.

I insert new (cath #2) using the Vetericyn Hydro gel as the lubricant to disinfect and clean my urethra.

I use a 60cc syringe and fill it with 30cc V-VF then suck up another 30cc of sterile water into the syringe. I inject the 60cc mixture into my bladder through new cath #2.

I do this again, so now I have 60cc of V-VF inside me and 60cc of sterile water in me.

My bladder is huge so I add more sterile water as an expander to cover more area.

I inject another two 60cc of sterile water in me. This doesn’t come close to filling my bladder but it seems to be adequate. Your mileage may vary.

I remove and discard new (cath #2). I wait 5 minutes with the V-VF and sterile water inside me.

After 5 minutes, I insert new (cath #3) using the Vetericyn Hydro gel as the lubricant to disinfect and clean my urethra and drain all. Then finish my shower.
    Tex
    C4,5,6 incomplete with 100% full feeling

TRexTex,
    Sounds like you have it down to a science.

The only reservation I might have is diluting the Vetericyn so much, but if it has worked for you, GREAT!!!

All the best,
    GJ