Page 10 of 207 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718192060110 ... LastLast

Thread: Microcyn Bladder Treatment (An Open Letter to Dr. Young)

Quote Originally Posted by Leila View Post
    After today I won't be able to carry on with this project for quite awhile---I'm nort sure how long. So, if you need questions answered from the doctor I was allowed to communicate with, JenJen will put the questions to her, hopefully. I've given her the contact info. If anyone has an urgent need to contact this doctor, once again, ask JenJen.

There was a lot more info I wanted to get to you, but at least we got the basics down--clean out the bladder with the Microcyn flush and then keep the microbes from coming back by rinsing the urethra with Microcyn prior to catheterization. How often you rinse and how far up the urethra you go you will have to work out for yourselves.

My adult son has come home to live with us, his parents, because he is ill and we need to take care of him. Unfotunately, there is no Microcyn for his afflication.

When I get really low thinking about the tragedy of my son's condition, I think of you all and all you've been through. And I think, if you all can withstand what you have, I can get through this. That thought always lifts my spirits. There is more than enough collective courage and intelligence in the SCI community--so use it to help heal yourselves. Your alive, and that's wonderful.

All My Love,

Leila
    Hi Susanne,

Sorry to hear about the bad news concerning your son. I hope things turn out well for him.

And thank you for all you've done here at CareCure.

Bob.
    "Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a great battle." - Philo of Alexandria

I used this for a while on my pressure sores on my feet ... they did seem to improve and be mighty clean ... unfortunately my problem was bone deep so I ended up in surgery. They wouldn't have healed from Microcyn alone.

The Canadian distributor was very gracious in sending me two cases since it was close to expiring anyway. That was years ago. Unfortunately I wouldn't remember names or contacts.
    Roses are red. Tacos are enjoyable. Don't blame immigrants, because you're unemployable.

T-11 Flaccid Paraplegic due to TM July 1985 @ age 12

Just to say I received the Vetericyn without problems, will report on it's use in the future.
    Pharmacist, C4-5 injury but functional C6 (no triceps/flexors)

thanks for the help. i'll definitely put the word out around here. sounds like it helps a lot afflictions.

Just please remember, that there are no miracle cures that fix everything.

CKF

Blog Entries
    HAHA, Nope, but this is SURE AS HELL, close. The great thing is you don't have to waste time in the "system" or waste a bunch of money, deal with all the hassles and best of all, NO antibiotics and no diarrhea from them, no bad side effects.

Sad thought, it won't reach most of those who need it because of the "ONLY A DOCTOR can do it with drugs" mindset that most have.

I know I will be using it. Still no return of colonization symptoms....
    John Jr is still hangin...

That is great news, Capn! Hopefully as more people have success with it, the word about it and how to use it will spread, and more people can get some relief.

BTW, CKF's caution about no sure things was in response to a post in which Leila guaranteed someone who's battled pseudomonas on both his legs for five years that Vetericyn would cure him, without knowing if the infection had invaded the bones or not (a la Lynnifer's post above). Vetericyn sounds like the answer to some of our common infections, but even it can't cure osteomyelitis (yet?).
    It is easier to find men who will volunteer to die, than to find those who are willing to endure pain with patience.

~Julius Caesar

Thought I would chime in here...been battling the butt since my son's hospitalization last January...had it almost healed and a long drive to the doc didn't help it at all, then while family was visiting he was up more than he should have been it ended up getting worse of course....grrrr....sigh...bought a bottle at our local pet and feed store, and within a week, yes a week...it looks great...the nurse was here to take a look and when I told her what I had been doing she said she'd turn her back as she could not give me the ok to use it...wtf...she saw the improvement, you'd think she'd been excited as I was at how it was healing...

I appreciate this post, however I must admit I expected Leila to come back as a sales rep...hope everyone has a great weekend!

Just a random thought, has anyone ever tried this technique with colloidal silver?

Hey I've been reading up a bit on this subject. The generic term for this stuff is electrolyzed oxidizing water, or EOW. It is the result of electrolysis of a saline solution.

Electrolysis of a dilute sodium chloride solution liberates hydrogen gas and hydroxide ions at the cathode, producing an alkaline solution that consists essentially of sodium hydroxide NaOH which can be drawn off as “alkaline water”. At the anode, chloride ions are oxidized to elemental chlorine. If some of this chlorine is allowed to combine with some of the hydroxide ions produced at the cathode, it disproportionates into hypochlorous acid HOCl, a weak acid and an oxidizing agent. Some ionizer devices allow the user to draw off this solution for use as a disinfecting agent. In many cases the two streams can be combined to form a mixture consisting of both HOCl and sodium hypochlorite (equivalent to diluted ordinary laundry bleach), depending on the pH desired.
    Source: http://www.chem1.com/CQ/ionbunk.html

A couple points. You can purchase a device that makes EOW. Depending on how water is drawn off, it will produce a weak solution of hypochlorous acid, sodium hypochlorite, or both. These can be used as a common household cleanser.

Also I wonder if the same solution could be created by simply dissolving the chemicals directly into the water, creating the same weak solution without electrolysis.

Finally, the text I quoted above was from a "debunking" site, but they were debunking the idea that drinking the stuff would have positive effects. I think there might be reason to believe it would help treat bladder infections. Of course a clinical study would answer that question.

I'm personally willing to give it a try, as I'm currently battling an infection that isn't responding well to antibiotics.