Page 4 of 207 FirstFirst 123456789101112131454104 ... LastLast

Thread: Microcyn Bladder Treatment (An Open Letter to Dr. Young)

Hi Everyone,

Wise was the first person to recognize the potential of Microcyn when he wrote this post.

At the time I couldn't find any Vetercyn or Microcyn anywhere so I started using hydrogen peroxide instead. I understand that H2O2 may be harmful to mucuos membranes but I've been using it for over 4 years as I explain HERE (follow the links too) and to my knowledge everything is fine. I'm still not even colonized.... the technique works and should be completely safe using Microcyn, I just wish Microcyn was cheaper.

Hi RDF- Bob,

I read about a study done in the UK instilling Betadine at different concentrations directly into the bladder and to my surprise there were no positive findings re UTIs. The whole idea in using an anticeptic in the way that I do is to keep bacteria from getting into the bladder. Prophylactically. Once the bladder is colonized or infected (same thing really) the bacteria must be in the bladder cell walls and needs to be attacked via the bloodstream with antibiotics.

There's actually nothing new about Microcyn. It's contents were and still may be used in some hospitals. All Oculus did with Microcyn was to give it a shelf-life. And that's just one year. It lost favor in hospitals because the machine that makes the solution is very expensive to buy and maintain and I imagine needs a technician to operate it and that adds to the cost.

A special shout-out to Susanne, Jen, CapnGimp/John and Bob.

Bob.
    "Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a great battle." - Philo of Alexandria

FasterNow--the apparatus I mentioned is the one Bob showed us. Very simple--just a six inch or so segment of catheter attached to a 10 ml syringe. We got a box of 100 10 ml syringes from Allegro for a great price, and they ship really fast.

RDF--I can't post the name of the doctor any more--I was requested not to. But she is the best, take my word for it. She knows her stuff and is blowing the urologists minds in her area--who are now sending her all their drug resistant patients.

Bob--I was wondering when you'd pop up. Thanks for your support. According to the urologist I am communicating with, and she is completely straight forward and very competent, when patients are sent to her with drug resistant bladder infections, she does not use antibiotics, and her success rate is phenomenal. She just uses the Microcyn flush.

I would like to say a couple of things, and then I'm taking my headache to bed for the night. When you use the flushing procedure I have outlined, stay flexible. Intuit your own body's individual needs. If I were infected with a drug resistant bacteria, I would probably do three flushes a day, just to be sure. But that's me.

And Bob is straight on about the preventative part. After you get yourself cleaned out, you've got to keep the microbes from reinvading, and that means periwash with Microcyn for females and rinsing the urethra for males, prior to each cathing.

Well, I'm done in. Good night all.

Leila

Blog Entries
    I just bought the Vet version... 16oz Liquid for $30 and % for shipping from ebay. Other sellers, both vet n doc versions sell the 16 oz for 36 bucks. The prescription is NOT needed here.

Yeah buDDY !!

http://www.arcatapet.com/item.cfm?cat=16093
    this is a pet store that sells the 16 oz for 29.99 today, they have 6 left and YES they DO take paypal.

Leila you can save a bundle this way.

Would Vetericyn be a good "wound wash" .... I'm thinking for Bill's ischium wound (going on 3 years now) At the moment I put bit of gentomycin in the cavity and cover it with an abdominal wound dressing pad ..... everything is very clean and pink but impossibly slow in filling in because it has a few tunnels. We have a vet here I could ask about it .......

Obie
    ~ Be the change you wish to see in the world ~ Mahatma Gandi

" calling all Angels ...... calling all Angels ....walk me through this one .. don't leave me alone .... calling all Angels .... calling all Angels .... we're tryin' and we're hopin' cause we're not sure how ....... this .... goes ..."
    Jane Siberry

Quote Originally Posted by Obieone View Post
    Would Vetericyn be a good "wound wash" .... I'm thinking for Bill's ischium wound (going on 3 years now) At the moment I put bit of gentomycin in the cavity and cover it with an abdominal wound dressing pad ..... everything is very clean and pink but impossibly slow in filling in because it has a few tunnels. We have a vet here I could ask about it .......

Obie
    Obie, You've always been able to get the "Human version," Microcyn in Canada.

This link
    will take you to their website for Mexico, another place that's been using Microcyn for YEARS. WARNING: these photos are pretty nasty. I don't know how a wound gets that bad without an amputation much earlier.

If you poke around the Oculus website, especially their interenational pages (look at the "Clinical" tabs) you'll learn a lot more about how this stuff works.
    My blog: Living Life at Butt Level

Ignite Phoenix #9 - Wheelchairs and Wisdom: Living Life at Butt Level

"I will not die an unlived life. I will not live in fear of falling or catching fire. I choose to inhabit my days, to allow my living to open me, to make me less afraid, more accessible, to loosen my heart until it becomes a wing, a torch, a promise. I choose to risk my significance; to live so that which comes to me as seed goes to the next as blossom and that which comes to me as blossom, goes on as fruit."

Dawna Markova Author of Open Mind.

What about those with a suprapubic catheter, would this be a benefit for us as well?
    A good friend is someone who will come to bail you out of jail. A TRUE friend is the guy sitting next to you behind the same set of bars saying, "boy we sure f*cked up this time huh?"

Yes, RollinRick it can. More info for you in a few days.

Leila

Quote Originally Posted by JenJen View Post
    Obie, You've always been able to get the "Human version," Microcyn in Canada. ......... etc.
    T

Thank you Jen .... so so much .... I'm ordering some asap. How come I never knew about this before????? after all this time ... what if it really works ... I'll report my findings

Obieone
    ~ Be the change you wish to see in the world ~ Mahatma Gandi

" calling all Angels ...... calling all Angels ....walk me through this one .. don't leave me alone .... calling all Angels .... calling all Angels .... we're tryin' and we're hopin' cause we're not sure how ....... this .... goes ..."
    Jane Siberry

Thanks Bob, good to see you again friend

Thanks Leila, as well.
    Please donate a dollar a day at http://justadollarplease.org.
    Copy and paste this message to the bottom of your signature.

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Leila View Post
    Yes, RollinRick it can. More info for you in a few days.

Leila
    Thank you Leila
    A good friend is someone who will come to bail you out of jail. A TRUE friend is the guy sitting next to you behind the same set of bars saying, "boy we sure f*cked up this time huh?"