Page 3 of 207 FirstFirst 1234567891011121353103 ... LastLast

Thread: Microcyn Bladder Treatment (An Open Letter to Dr. Young)

Actually Leila, we are animals. For me, if it's good enough for a million+ dollar race horse, it's ok for me too.

Microcyn and Vetericyn are the same product. Vetericyn is $35 for 16 oz directly from Oculus. http://store.vetericyn.com/index.php...infection.html

Leila, you're probably way to young to remember back at the start of the AIDs epidemic in the 80's, infected people had trouble buying their meds. We all learned then that the exact same drugs sold via vet supply cost a LOT less than through pharmacy channels. This is part of why I have no problem using the vet packaging.

I have no argument with you but want to point out the REAL difference is packaging not safety or efficacy between the products.

I also want to say that this "protocol" has not been lab tested and I can only tell you it works for me. Who's to say that I won't develop some horrible condition secondary to continued use? I doubt it and for me it would be worth it because of the additional years I've had because I'm UTI-free. No lie. No exaggeration. I'd be dead by now if I hadn't curbed my UTIs.

YMMV. Good luck.

I just spoke with Dr. BonGiovanni on the phone. I wanted to give her a little background preparation before Dr. Young calls her. Guess what? She's been caring for SCI patients for over thirty years, and she uses Microcyn regularly in her practice to treat UTI's. She has wonderful results. She says it's incomparable to anything else she's ever tried. She also said I could give her cell number to any of you who have questions and need guidance on using Microcyn in this manner. HipCrip, I will send the number to you via private message. Loreo, I will do the same for you. JenJen, I will answer you in a bit. (I am 62 years old).

Leila

I just want to say that I find this discussion very interesting, as a pharmacist and also as someone suffering from recurrent UTI's. I wrote an email to the Canadian distributor and I will get back to you when I try it if I can get my hands on it.
    Pharmacist, C4-5 injury but functional C6 (no triceps/flexors)

Jen Jen,

I wanted to say to you that I fully understand why you value the Vetericyn. I think you were very courageous and really thinking "outside the box"--which is something more people should be able to do. But I'm trying to get at something else here.
    You've won your battle, and that stands on its own merit--but there are so many out there who have not, and they are not getting any information or any help. Some of them are dying.

Try to see the bigger picture. First of all, clinical trials have to be established, carried out, and documented appropriately. Then those results have to be presented to the FDA, so Microcyn can be cleared for urological use. Only then will urologists accept it as a valid therapy for UTI's, and more importantly, as a prophylactic measure to prevent UTI's in people who self-cath.

The truth is, self-catheterization should not be taught without that first important step--rinsing the urethra to ensure there are no microbes present that can be pushed up into the bladder. Medical science knows full well that everyone's urethra is colonized, so it is a serious oversight to teach the self-catheterization procedure with the first link missing.

You see, Jen Jen, if you come forth with your compelling story and say to these people that you use Vetericyn, they will dismiss your evidence out of hand. It won't mean anything to them. Vetericyn is for animals, and in their eyes, that is not medically acceptable for humans. You and I both know there is no difference. But we're talking about collective protocol here. Were talking about a well established conservative mentality that is not easy to crack through with new and innovative ideas.

So if people want to be part of bringing this valuable medicine forth into the mainstream where it is known and available to those who need it, they have to understand that it's an uphill climb, and they have to understand what we're up against. That's all. It has nothing to do with the validity of your personal choice. That's beyond dispute. Like I said, you won.

Take Care,

Leila

I'm in agreement with you Leila! I'd LOVE for the "medical community" to take this serious. I would LOVE to see clinical trials done to validate what you and I have lived. My docs do tell patients about it but until recently Microcyn has not been available for sale in the US. I'm thrilled to know it's there.

Keep up the fight! You've done a lot of good just with this thread. Imagine where you're headed with your passion and information.

Be well Leila.

Quote Originally Posted by Leila View Post
    Jen Jen,

I wanted to say to you that I fully understand why you value the Vetericyn. I think you were very courageous and really thinking "outside the box"--which is something more people should be able to do. But I'm trying to get at something else here.
    You've won your battle, and that stands on its own merit--but there are so many out there who have not, and they are not getting any information or any help. Some of them are dying.

Try to see the bigger picture. First of all, clinical trials have to be established, carried out, and documented appropriately. Then those results have to be presented to the FDA, so Microcyn can be cleared for urological use. Only then will urologists accept it as a valid therapy for UTI's, and more importantly, as a prophylactic measure to prevent UTI's in people who self-cath.

The truth is, self-catheterization should not be taught without that first important step--rinsing the urethra to ensure there are no microbes present that can be pushed up into the bladder. Medical science knows full well that everyone's urethra is colonized, so it is a serious oversight to teach the self-catheterization procedure with the first link missing.

You see, Jen Jen, if you come forth with your compelling story and say to these people that you use Vetericyn, they will dismiss your evidence out of hand. It won't mean anything to them. Vetericyn is for animals, and in their eyes, that is not medically acceptable for humans. You and I both know there is no difference. But we're talking about collective protocol here. Were talking about a well established conservative mentality that is not easy to crack through with new and innovative ideas.

So if people want to be part of bringing this valuable medicine forth into the mainstream where it is known and available to those who need it, they have to understand that it's an uphill climb, and they have to understand what we're up against. That's all. It has nothing to do with the validity of your personal choice. That's beyond dispute. Like I said, you won.

Take Care,

Leila

Hello friends,

OK. I now have general guidelines for instillation of the bladder with Microcyn in order to eliminate drug resistant colonization and/or infection. This method has been carried out by a competent urologist in a clinical setting, hundreds of times with a 100% success rate. It has cured MRSA staph and psuedomonas and many other resistant microbes.

1. Cath the bladder, emptying it as completely as possible;
    2. Instill 60 cc of Microcyn
    3. As soon as the instillation is complete, empty the bladder, thus flushing it;(you do not wait even five minutes after the instillation is complete before emptying it)
    4. Perform this process twice a day, say, morning and evening

Repeat the next day if necessary. It will vary with each individual. You know when you have a bladder infection, and you will be able to sense when the job is done. It might take just the one day (two flushings) or it may require a second day.

When the bladder is empty it is involuted, or folded, so repeating the procedure guarantees that you are getting any leftover microbes that may be hiding in the folds.

Remember--you cannot overuse Microcyn, and it will directly calm any infalmmation that the colonization and/or inflammation is causing.

Be sure the Microcyn is at room temperature--that it is not cold. If it is cold, it may provoke spasms in the bladder, which are painful. But room temp is good.

We got our 60 cc syringes at Allegro medical online, and it fits right into the funnel of a coloplast catheter--probably most other catheters too.

OK, that's it.

All the best to all of you suffering from this drug resistance problem.

Leila

Quote Originally Posted by Leila View Post
    An Open Letter to Dr. Young:

...We are using the technique outlined by Bob in his posts, but we irrigate up a little further than he does—getting up as close as possible to the external sphincter, without penetrating it. We use the little irrigation apparatus Bob described on this forum...
    Thanks for the post Leila. I did some searching for the technique and irrigation apparatus mentioned but haven't found it. Can you please point it/them out?
    Injured 7-22-06, T-11 T-12 complete. [Holds up cardboard sign] "Will work for returns."
    2010 SCINet Clinical Trial Support Squad Member
    Please join me and donate a dollar a day at http://justadollarplease.org and copy and paste this message to the bottom of your signature.

Leila, what you have posted is very interesting. Does it actually kill the bacteria causing the UTI and rid the person infected of the accompanying symptoms? (fever, chills, incontinence, feeling like hell, etc) In a day or two? Without using antibiotics?

If the above is true, then that is wonderful to hear. I have a female friend who gets a lot of UTIs. Do you have any documentation on the urologist's clinical setting findings? 100% is unbelievable...not that I don't believe you, it just sounds incredible.

Thanks for posting this thread, and thanks Bob Clark.
    Quote Originally Posted by Leila
    Hello friends,

OK. I now have general guidelines for instillation of the bladder with Microcyn in order to eliminate drug resistant colonization and/or infection. This method has been carried out by a competent urologist in a clinical setting, hundreds of times with a 100% success rate. It has cured MRSA staph and psuedomonas and many other resistant microbes.

1. Cath the bladder, emptying it as completely as possible;
    2. Instill 60 cc of Microcyn
    3. As soon as the instillation is complete, empty the bladder, thus flushing it;(you do not wait even five minutes after the instillation is complete before emptying it)
    4. Perform this process twice a day, say, morning and evening

Repeat the next day if necessary. It will vary with each individual. You know when you have a bladder infection, and you will be able to sense when the job is done. It might take just the one day (two flushings) or it may require a second day.

When the bladder is empty it is involuted, or folded, so repeating the procedure guarantees that you are getting any leftover microbes that may be hiding in the folds.

Remember--you cannot overuse Microcyn, and it will directly calm any infalmmation that the colonization and/or inflammation is causing.

Be sure the Microcyn is at room temperature--that it is not cold. If it is cold, it may provoke spasms in the bladder, which are painful. But room temp is good.

We got our 60 cc syringes at Allegro medical online, and it fits right into the funnel of a coloplast catheter--probably most other catheters too.

OK, that's it.

All the best to all of you suffering from this drug resistance problem.

Leila
    Please donate a dollar a day at http://justadollarplease.org.
    Copy and paste this message to the bottom of your signature.

Thanks!

That's been my experience... nearly immediate results. I do find that my next cath is "dirtier" more cloudy and gritty... I attribute it to shedding all the dead gunk. The inflammation is soothed right away too so I regain continence quickly.

I have a habit of catching my feet and tearing off toe nails, I had one start to turn green and stink before I realized I'd hurt it. I irrigated it liberally with the product and the pus and stink was gone in no time. It speeds up healing time on open wounds and keeps them cleaner.

Ya gotta check this stuff out!

Quote Originally Posted by rdf View Post
    Leila, what you have posted is very interesting. Does it actually kill the bacteria causing the UTI and rid the person infected of the accompanying symptoms? (fever, chills, incontinence, feeling like hell, etc) In a day or two? Without using antibiotics?

If the above is true, then that is wonderful to hear. I have a female friend who gets a lot of UTIs. Do you have any documentation on the urologist's clinical setting findings? 100% is unbelievable...not that I don't believe you, it just sounds incredible.

Thanks for posting this thread, and thanks Bob Clark.

Won't bacteria build up a resistance as they do with antibiotics?
    Please donate a dollar a day at http://justadollarplease.org.
    Copy and paste this message to the bottom of your signature.

Thanks!