Page 79 of 207 FirstFirst ... 29697071727374757677787980818283848586878889129179 ... LastLast

Thread: Microcyn Bladder Treatment (An Open Letter to Dr. Young)

http://www.vetericyn.com/locator/
    I have checked this site to see if there are any local places to pick it up. Unfortunately, there is only 1 place on this side of the border and it is an hour away, and has only the regular blue bottles.
    The other places are several hours away and across the border. Can't get there.
    Big Als has been delivering the regular V within 2 business days, so my best bet right now is to keep bugging them to offer the VF.

guys,
    if anyone interested to stack up VVF 16 oz, this looks like good deal. looking all over the net to find deals for VVF. so far petstruly then sometimes on ebay:
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=200575084031&ssPageNam e=STRK:MESELX:IT

for 2 bottles !!!
    Last edited by Kinshin; 02-10-2011 at 06:38 PM. Reason: edit

In Toronto? That seems really strange. It should be in most pet supply/ horse-related stores. Or at least orderable through them. Maybe the store locator is incomplete.

Quote Originally Posted by Kinshin View Post
    guys,
    if anyone interested to stack up VVF 16 oz, this looks like good deal. looking all over the net to find deals for VVF. so far petstruly then sometimes on ebay:
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=200575084031&ssPageNam e=STRK:MESELX:IT

for 2 bottles !!!
    I'm not sure I'd trust this seller - she told me that freezing would make the product more potent when I emailed to ask about it.

Hey dewie,

JGNI is correct about the resistance, but Leila is right, too. The microbes will adapt. Though it can be expensive, I believe you need to get this current infection under control, then be diligent in using the V on a daily, or, every other day at most, basis. I got complacent and I now have a bacteria count of 100,000 plus of pseudomonas, which is resistant to all oral abx, and many IV abx. My ID doctor doesn't want to treat right now because I'm asymptomatic. We're going to do some other things.

I'm going back to a daily regimen of the VF. It helped when I was on top of it. Once under control I'll tinker with my routine, but I won't go more than every other day without it again.

Leila-- my ID doc says that eventually the bugs will adapt to the Microcyn. Could you comment on that please.
    2010 SCINet Clinical Trial Support Squad Member
    Please join me and donate a dollar a day at http://justadollarplease.org and copy and paste this message to the bottom of your signature.

dewie27-Yes listen to LEILA.I instill 30 ml of vetericyn vf everyday and have not had an infection since using it.Initialy I used 60 ml twice a day for about 2 weeks.

yeah Leila looking back I was slacking with VF and I'm only hurting myself.
    And yes I originally bought the regular Vetericyn but I did upgrade to the VF from MediVet.
    OK my plan was to change the foley today anyways so all bugs are killed when I'm off the AB. And my first dose of VF tonight also, I was doing 60ml for 30min before so holding 30ml everyday shouldn't effect my bowels.

So in your opionion how long should I use VF everyday, once the AB is done in a week? a month, a year, forever? And how long Leila should I use the 60ml twice a day? I just need to know I only have 2 bottles and should stock up on it. I see for most people they use it once a week for maintaince once the big bugs are killed.
    Mark 9:23 - All things are possible for those who believe.

Leila-- my ID doc says that eventually the bugs will adapt to the Microcyn. Could you comment on that please.
    I assume he means that the bugs will eventually become resistant, just as they do with abx and almost all antiseptics, including chlorhexidine and dilute bleach. He needs to have an in-service done with Oculus so that he can educate himself and come to understand why this is not the case.

When the neutrophils of our immune system attack a microbe, they release hypochlorous acid, which then ionizes into ClO, which has a negative charge. These ions cluster around the pathogen and then break though its outer wall. This is called lysis, or oxidatvie burst. It's sometimes called ionic assault. The negative ion released from the hypochlous acid is drawn to the positive charge in the nucleus of the pathogen. There's no way the pathogen can defend itself once surrounded. This works against all kinds of pathogens, viruses included. If it were not for this arm of the immune system, we would all die of the flu when we come down with it.

What MIcrocyn does is release a lot of hypochlorous acid to bring in extra troops for the battle. It's just that simple.

What is not so simple is learning to use Microcyn products skillfully. It takes a different attitude--a different mind-set. We're all used to 60 years of antibiotics just magically working without us having to do a thing. And so we've become a little spoiled. Now that abx are becoming increasingly ineffective (the rates of resistance are accelerating), we have to be far more pro-active about healing ourselves. That's the way you have to approach using Microcyn products--pro-actively, on your toes, doing for yourself instead of just having it done for you. It's a different approach.

And it's not always easy. My husband and I did not find it easy as we worked through problems that came up, eventually coming to understand how best to use Microcyn. It's a learning curve.

And you have to understand that a microbial colony is a living organism that experiences the onslaught of Microcyn as a form of "stress." It will fight against this, so you have to be very persistant until it is sufficiently weakened for the immune system to finish it off. It can take time, but the microbes cannot win if you are persistant. They do not have the machinery programmed into their DNA to resist oxidative burst. That's why they can't become resistant. They do have it programmed in their DNA to develop ways to become resistant to abx. This is because abx were derived from microbes in the first place. Microbes are highly competitive against one another and put out a kind of antibiotic to kill one another off. So they have the machinery to protect themselves from this already in place. When we use abx, it's like trying to fight them on their own turf with their own weapon. Eventually they are going to be able to completely overcome this weapon. It's happening now, sort of in slow motion, which is why a lot of people don't recognize it. But superbugs are here to call our bluff, so now is a good time to start developing alternative methods.

If you already have a UTI, using Microcyn with antibiotics is a good idea in the beginning, if the microbes are not yet completely resisistant. It's like giving the microbes the double whammy. Then, when things are under control, you can learn to use Microcyn in a preventative way. In the long run, this is going to cut way down on the amount of abx you have to use, and this is a really good thing.

But you can never let your guard down. You have to remain pro-active if you want to beat these chronic infections.

It can be done. I know those who do it very well--but they all went through a period of trial and error.

Using Microcyn products in this way is like being on a frontier. We are making a path that can help save the lives of others. That's what inspires me most and keeps me going no matter how difficult my advocacy may sometimes be.

Thank You Leila!.....also it is stated on the oculus site that microcyn "does not facilitate bacterial resistance"

That's right Nancy. Here's one of many articles that go into it. (Just scroll down to the little animation "Fighting the Superbugs" if you don't want to read the whole thing):

http://www.oculusis.com/us/technology/mrsa/