Thread: Microcyn Bladder Treatment (An Open Letter to Dr. Young)

Was the product frozen or did it have ice crystals in it? If there are no sign of ice and the product was totally liquid, it would not have thawed sitting on your doorstep considering the temperatures you mentioned. But, I certainly understand your reticence.

Was there any marking on the outside of the packaging that said "Do Not Freeze?" Contact UPS and make a claim with them. If the package was not clearly marked, call the company and try to get them to replace the product. Winter delivery of Vetericyn is always iffy.

You might try contacting Occulus. I have read about people sending the product to them for testing.

All the best,
    GJ

As I woke this morning, I actually thought of something else that could possibly be of use for Vetericyn vf. As a sinus allergy sufferer, nasal congestion, stuffyness and swollen nasal passages, could VVF be put into a used nasal spray bottle to be used to kill off nasal allergies? I'm basically allergic to dusts mites, VVF sounds like somethig that could work instead of using harmful chemicals that comes with a nasal squirt bottle... Would this be something worth the shot?

There are several people on this forum that use it in the sinus' and also in their ears and have reported good results. It will not hurt anything and safe enought it can be used anywhere saline can be used. Give it a try and let us know.

I hope this helps.
    Millard
    ''Life's tough... it's even tougher if you're stupid!'' -- John Wayne

Quote Originally Posted by rukiddingme View Post
    As I woke this morning, I actually thought of something else that could possibly be of use for Vetericyn vf. As a sinus allergy sufferer, nasal congestion, stuffyness and swollen nasal passages, could VVF be put into a used nasal spray bottle to be used to kill off nasal allergies? I'm basically allergic to dusts mites, VVF sounds like somethig that could work instead of using harmful chemicals that comes with a nasal squirt bottle... Would this be something worth the shot?
    I use it in a nebulizer twice a day, with good results so far. Oregano oil also helps with allergies.

I have a Foley catheter and have yet to try this procedure. So I'm wondering once I get the vetericyn in my bladder should I leave the syringe connected to the catheter for the 5 or so minutes or use some kind of clamp on the catheter? I'm personally thinking just leave the syringe hooked up because in my case it's usually easier to keep it simple.

By the way where do most of you purchase your vetericyn from my online research so far Amazon seems the likely place.
    Courage is being scared to death but saddling up anyway. .(John Wayne)

Quote Originally Posted by Cowboys_Place View Post
    I have a Foley catheter and have yet to try this procedure. So I'm wondering once I get the vetericyn in my bladder should I leave the syringe connected to the catheter for the 5 or so minutes or use some kind of clamp on the catheter? I'm personally thinking just leave the syringe hooked up because in my case it's usually easier to keep it simple.

By the way where do most of you purchase your vetericyn from my online research so far Amazon seems the likely place.
    If you are using a catheter tipped syringe, you may not need to clamp the catheter tubing at all. That type of syringe may do the job that a clamp would unless there is enough pressure to force the fluids in the bladder back into the syringe. In that case, it may be best to instill Veteicyn and either clamp the catheter or use a catheter plug. You will not have to use the syringe to drain the bladder, just unplug the catheter tubing and the fluids (urine mixed with Vetericyn) will drain into your leg bag or night drain bag or bottle.

I purchase my Vetericyn VF at PetsTruly.com

All the best,
    GJ

I get mine at California Veterinary (aka CalVet) supply. However several have reported getting it at Amazon w/ happy results - essentially wherever you can get the best deal is good...

ex-Gooserider
    T-5 ASIA-B para, currently working on building own power chair, as being in a manual is an EXTRA handicap.

Quote Originally Posted by Millard View Post
    There are several people on this forum that use it in the sinus' and also in their ears and have reported good results. It will not hurt anything and safe enought it can be used anywhere saline can be used. Give it a try and let us know.

I hope this helps.

Now this is good news! I will give this a try and will post whatever the outcome.

Quote Originally Posted by Scaper1 View Post
    I use it in a nebulizer twice a day, with good results so far. Oregano oil also helps with allergies.

Scaper, do you also put the oil in the nebulizer as well? Or are you just using the VVF with good results?

Sure need some advice. What would cause bladder to spasm when i push vvf into maym superpubic. Tried 30ml to try kill anything i could. Maybe she can't take 30cc vvf or could it have been to cold even though it was room temp. This is second time it has happened.
    Happen last week thought it was infection. Each time it has caused some blood. Stringy clots. Every other time she does not have any problems just feels little pressure and cold in bladder. Urine is clear as a bell and no other problems. Just thought somebody could give me a little advice. Thanks