Page 207 of 208 FirstFirst ... 107157197198199200201202203204205206207208 LastLast
Results 2,061 to 2,070 of 2077

Thread: Microcyn Bladder Treatment (An Open Letter to Dr. Young)

There are alternatives to the Microcyn route, which stopped working for me after 1 year. Consult your acupuncturist. I use Akebia Moist heat at twice the dosage recommended on the bottle if I have an infection. Usually for 10-14 days. That 2X dose comes off the manufacturers website as their recommendation for active infection. This is effective for me.

Hello Leila, Please share the number with me. I?m 11 years quad, woman, with indwelling Cath for 6 years. Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by Oti View Post
    Hello Leila, Please share the number with me. I?m 11 years quad, woman, with indwelling Cath for 6 years. Thank you.
    Hi Oti,
    "Leila" doesn't visit here much anymore. What number are you looking for, maybe I could help.

What is the difference between Vetericyn plus and Vetericyn vf plus ?? This plus is new. Is vetericyn plus the same as vvf ?? Is it safe to use Vetericyn vf plus ?? Also what are the ingredients in both ??
    Last edited by new.name; 01-15-2020 at 09:57 AM.

The SCI-Nurses are advanced practice nurses specializing in SCI/D care. They are available to answer questions, provide education, and make suggestions which you should always discuss with your physician/primary health care provider before implementing. Medical diagnosis is not provided, nor do the SCI-Nurses provide nursing or medical care through their responses on the CareCure forums.

Has anyone tried the microdox instructions to cure a UTi? I'm curious about what 'mobilize' means in step 6 of the intermittent Cath section?

#6 means "move around" and then recatheterize.

(KLD)
    The SCI-Nurses are advanced practice nurses specializing in SCI/D care. They are available to answer questions, provide education, and make suggestions which you should always discuss with your physician/primary health care provider before implementing. Medical diagnosis is not provided, nor do the SCI-Nurses provide nursing or medical care through their responses on the CareCure forums.

Quote Originally Posted by SCI-Nurse View Post
    #6 means "move around" and then recatheterize.

(KLD)
    odd, I'm guessing the intent is to wash the solution around in the bladder?

I just tried 50 ml of MicrocynAH and it gave me AD so i might not be a candidate for flushing. I'm assuming diluting the solution won't have the efficacy to kill a bug.

Try a smaller amount. It may be that 50cc. is too much for your bladder, which is probably quite shrunken if you have used an indwelling catheter for some time.

(KLD)

I have been instilling electrolyzed water into my bladder for about nine months now. Before I started using it, I was changing my foley 2 to 3 times a month to keep my urine clear. I did that to try to stay ahead of biofilms forming. Anyways, after I started instilling this, I no longer had to change my catheter as often. My urine stays clear and I rarely have any sediment in it. To make it, it only requires 2 grams of kosher salt, 5mls of distilled vinegar and 1 liter of water. DC current is applied to for 8 minutes. This supposedly creates hypochlorous acid, what our bodies produce to fight bacteria.