Page 8 of 207 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171858108 ... LastLast

Thread: Microcyn Bladder Treatment (An Open Letter to Dr. Young)

JGNI I did EVERYTHING!!!! daily doses of macrobid and then bactrim (I could have that backward)... All of the other remedies we've heard of... the ONLY thing that slowed my infection rate was a daily intravesticular installation of gentimicyn 60 CCs QD. I'd cath first thing, instill the gent in my bladder and leave in until my next cath... In my 3rd year of SCI, I had the closest call yet of my 10 hospitalizations for sepsis... It was then that I talked to Bob and based upon sharing our combined research and lay knowledge, I bought the Vetericyn and started with bladder flushes in the same way I used the Gent.

I've been relatively UTI free ever since. I can only recall one nasty infection and that wasnt' too bad... I ran out of V and as soon as I got it and did BID flushes for 2 days I was all better.

This stuff works for me. I hope you'll be as impressed.

Quote Originally Posted by JGNI View Post
    There is nothing spectacular about a substance that can kill 99,9% of germs, many antiseptics do. The main interest of Microcyn for me is it's presumed innocuousness for human tissues. Obviously, if it is shown to help keeping in check UTI's by preventing them or by eliminating them at a very early stage, it will be worth it. I don't expect it to work on full blown UTI's though (when on the verge of sepsis I mean).

JenJen, are you (or have you been in the past) on any prophylactic antibiotherapy to prevent recurrent UTI's?
    My blog: Living Life at Butt Level

Ignite Phoenix #9 - Wheelchairs and Wisdom: Living Life at Butt Level

"I will not die an unlived life. I will not live in fear of falling or catching fire. I choose to inhabit my days, to allow my living to open me, to make me less afraid, more accessible, to loosen my heart until it becomes a wing, a torch, a promise. I choose to risk my significance; to live so that which comes to me as seed goes to the next as blossom and that which comes to me as blossom, goes on as fruit."

Dawna Markova Author of Open Mind.

Thanks for everything Leila, you're a charm. I will be trying this procedure in the near future. As of now, I have an appointment to see the infectous disease doctor tomorrow morning. Very anxious to see what he's got to say about my lovely resistant bacteria.... I'll keep you posted.
    A good friend is someone who will come to bail you out of jail. A TRUE friend is the guy sitting next to you behind the same set of bars saying, "boy we sure f*cked up this time huh?"

Hi Everone,

Got more info for you. I viewed a video of Hoji Alimi, founder and CEO of Oculus IS, being interviewed at the 2010 OneMed Forum in San Francisco--that was three months ago. He said that Microcyn has been clinically demonstrated to have no toxicity to human tissue, no side effects and no drug interactions. Apparently there is a three-fold action involved: 1. it irradicates all pathogens 2. it increases oxygen to the wound/infection site 3. it reduces inflammation.

From the regulatory standpoint, it has only been cleared by the FDA in this country for use in wound care and dermatology. However, he stated that it is being used in the realm of medical science to treat eye infections, abdominal cavity infections, respiratory tract problems, (including the flu), urology, and on and on. He said they are getting it cleared by the FDA one step at a time. He also said that it has two to four years stability in the bottle. I know it's less than that after you've opened the bottle, but if you keep the lid screwed on tight, it lasts pretty long--several months at least, probably more. I have to ask them specifically about that.

It has been scientifically verified that pathogens cannot build up resistance to it--the mechanism is unknown to me, but I will try to find out as time permits. There are currently seven new FDA clearances pending this year, so it's going to be moving into other medical disciplines at a steady rate. Outside the US more approvals are pending. (I can't imagine what the pharmaceutical companies think about this--that's not something I want to think about).

OK. He said it is available at CVS and Nob Hill pharmacies as a spray called either My Cleanse or Mi-Cleanse--I didn't get the spelling. I called my local CVS pharmacy and they had not yet heard of it, so I contacted Oculus and they said they'd get back to me on that one.

I viewed another doctor being interviewed and she said Microcyn has 3 modes of action 1. it is a broad spectrum anti-microbial, and that includes the full range, from bacteria to fungi to yeast to viruses; 2. it is a super-oxidized solution--compared to regular tap water it has a much greater concentration of dissolved oxygen, so when you introduce the solution to the infection and/or wound, your directly adding a lot of oxygen; 3. it dilates the capillaries, and this is vital, for it brings nutrients, white blood cells, and allows the person's own immune system to function at optimal level.

The increase in tissue oxygen occurs within 15 seconds, to peak at 30 seconds, and persists at least 72 hours. The healing process begins sooner, lasts longer and is more comprehensive, employing all the body's own healing mechanisms.

She also gave a warning about H2O2, but I'll get to that later.

More later,

Leila

This product is not put out by Oculus, but it's the same stuff = super-oxidized water, and it has been tested extensively and kills all the same pathogens, including flu viruses. It's spelled Myclyns and it is available as a spray from CVS and Nob Hill chain stores. If you're interested you can go to the website, myclyns.com, or mygermspray.com.

Leila

Blog Entries
    I'm vacationing away from home now, so that 2x in the first day is all I am doing for now. It would appear to have worked completely. Males know the effect of colonization all to well...the penis hides from you. I am glad to say that John Jr is out enjoying the sights today I wish everyone could get some and use it. But there are many here who are afraid to try non standard treatment that actually WORKS, being content to be sickly and have a low quality of life. They live(little) and die by what their 'doctor' tells them. The Native in me tends to distrust docs and seek good health on my own with natural ways that do not harm the body, nor make others wealthy.
    Last edited by CapnGimp; 04-12-2010 at 06:49 PM. Reason: Changed No Show to John Jr at his behest...

Aye aye, Capn!

As I said before, I ordered from the pet store (Arcata) but I had emailed www.vetericyn.com to ask if they would ship to Canada, here is the answer for other Canadians:

At this time Vetericyn is able to ship individual orders for personal
    use only to Canada. To ship to Canada, Vetericyn would need to ship
    through USPS in a medium flat rate box. The shipping charge would be
    $26.95 in addition to the products ordered. Please call the customer
    service number for outside the US to process your order at
    1-909-822-6000. I have left a message at the number listed below as
    well. Thank you for your interest in our products. If you have further
    questions, or need to place an order, please do not hesitate to call our
    toll free number or visit us online.

You can probably get better prices elsewhere but ...
    Pharmacist, C4-5 injury but functional C6 (no triceps/flexors)

Quote Originally Posted by JenJen View Post
    JGNI I did EVERYTHING!!!! daily doses of macrobid and then bactrim (I could have that backward)... All of the other remedies we've heard of... the ONLY thing that slowed my infection rate was a daily intravesticular installation of gentimicyn 60 CCs QD. I'd cath first thing, instill the gent in my bladder and leave in until my next cath... In my 3rd year of SCI, I had the closest call yet of my 10 hospitalizations for sepsis... It was then that I talked to Bob and based upon sharing our combined research and lay knowledge, I bought the Vetericyn and started with bladder flushes in the same way I used the Gent.

I've been relatively UTI free ever since. I can only recall one nasty infection and that wasnt' too bad... I ran out of V and as soon as I got it and did BID flushes for 2 days I was all better.

This stuff works for me. I hope you'll be as impressed.
    Thanks JenJen, I was asking not to suggest another solution but to know if you were on something else on top of the Vetericyn flushes.
    Pharmacist, C4-5 injury but functional C6 (no triceps/flexors)

Quote Originally Posted by JGNI View Post
    Thanks JenJen, I was asking not to suggest another solution but to know if you were on something else on top of the Vetericyn flushes.
    No worries. Nope, from the time I started the Vetericyn, it's all I've used and the only thing that been successful.
    My blog: Living Life at Butt Level

Ignite Phoenix #9 - Wheelchairs and Wisdom: Living Life at Butt Level

"I will not die an unlived life. I will not live in fear of falling or catching fire. I choose to inhabit my days, to allow my living to open me, to make me less afraid, more accessible, to loosen my heart until it becomes a wing, a torch, a promise. I choose to risk my significance; to live so that which comes to me as seed goes to the next as blossom and that which comes to me as blossom, goes on as fruit."

Dawna Markova Author of Open Mind.

Thank you Capn, JenJen, and also JGNI for the challenging question. I put it to the doctor today, and hopefully she will answer in the next couple of days. She's the only practicing clinician that I know of using this technique over and over, so she would know.

More info:

Microcyn kills microorganisms by physically destroying the cell structure. By bursting the cell's membrane and disrupting the cell's DNA, the microoganism is uable to mutate, preventing Microcyn resistant strains from ever developing. The cell structure of humans and animals is different from that of microorganisms, making Microcyn safe for humans and animals.

Good night to you all,

Leila