Page 7 of 207 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161757107 ... LastLast

Thread: Microcyn Bladder Treatment (An Open Letter to Dr. Young)

The ebay story Cap'n sourced is out of stock. We'll have to find a Canadian "mule" to come into the US and smuggle it back for ya'll.

Quote Originally Posted by loreo View Post
    My parents are heading back from Florida in a few weeks. I guess I'll ask them to bring some with them.

Many online stores, like the calvetsupply.com you use JenJen, do not ship to Canada. Others cost more than the product ($20-30) for shipping - and there's still the potential it will not get across the border if there is a reason it's not being sold here. The potential results are definitely worth trying the shipping, I was just looking for something with less fees attached. I'll check out Cap'ns online site too.
    My blog: Living Life at Butt Level

Ignite Phoenix #9 - Wheelchairs and Wisdom: Living Life at Butt Level

"I will not die an unlived life. I will not live in fear of falling or catching fire. I choose to inhabit my days, to allow my living to open me, to make me less afraid, more accessible, to loosen my heart until it becomes a wing, a torch, a promise. I choose to risk my significance; to live so that which comes to me as seed goes to the next as blossom and that which comes to me as blossom, goes on as fruit."

Dawna Markova Author of Open Mind.

Quote Originally Posted by JenJen View Post
    The ebay story Cap'n sourced is out of stock. We'll have to find a Canadian "mule" to come into the US and smuggle it back for ya'll.
    Would hate to be that mule when a bag bursts!

Blog Entries
    I got mine this am and flushed the ol bladder with 20 cc, 2 x. That place is a vet supply brick n mortar, should get more, google, it's everywhere, amazon and ebay also.

medi-vet.com
    Last edited by CapnGimp; 04-10-2010 at 09:49 PM.

Good for you Capn! I like your spirit of independence. I hope the 20cc was enough. Are you going to repeat the two irrigations tomorrow? And don't forget, as Bob so clearly stated, you've got to do preventative rinsings of the urethra or the microbes will just crawl back in.

Leila

I was just reviewing this whole thread and a couple of things came to mind. First, for those of you experimenting with the bladder irrigation/flush, I don't think you have to worry too much about keeping the Microcyn up there for a little bit, if that's what you feel you need to do. I think any diffusion from the bladder to the intestines would take some time, at least twenty minutes or so, maybe longer. So don't think you have to be worried about that. I base that on JenJen saying that at first she had kept the Microcyn in her bladder until the next cathing, which had to have been a couple of hours at least.

Second, I live nine miles from the store Capn sourced in his post, the ARcata Pet Store, and I called them to find out when they would be getting more of the 16 oz bottles of Vetericyn. They said they weren't sure they would be ordering more of that, and they sounded very guarded. So I think those of you who are going for the Vetericyn need to be sure you handle the interaction with discretion, or you could blow people's sources.

Talk to you later,

Leila

In vitro studies showed that it took only 30 seconds for Microcyn to kill 99.9 percent of the bacteria.
    You will find a guide to preserving shoulder function @
    http://www.rstce.pitt.edu/RSTCE_Reso...imb_Injury.pdf

See my personal webpage @
    http://cccforum55.freehostia.com/

Yes, that's true, and very impressive, especially when you consider that there are no microbes on the planet that can stand up to it, and that includes flu viruses. But you have to be sure the Microcyn is making thorough contact, and the baldder is folded, or involuted when empty. Some of the microbes can hide in those folds--that's why the doctor stipulated doing a second flush, and maybe repeating the two flushes the next day. But, like I said, it's up the each individual to intuit what's right for them, given all the info that has been posted.

Thanks,

Leila

There is nothing spectacular about a substance that can kill 99,9% of germs, many antiseptics do. The main interest of Microcyn for me is it's presumed innocuousness for human tissues. Obviously, if it is shown to help keeping in check UTI's by preventing them or by eliminating them at a very early stage, it will be worth it. I don't expect it to work on full blown UTI's though (when on the verge of sepsis I mean).

JenJen, are you (or have you been in the past) on any prophylactic antibiotherapy to prevent recurrent UTI's?
    Pharmacist, C4-5 injury but functional C6 (no triceps/flexors)

Yes, it's gentleness to human tissue is quite remarkable. But I believe it can be successful in reversing and curing full blown UTI's. I'll get back to you on that in the next few days--but it has something to do with Microcyn's ability to penetrate infected tissue quite deeply, because of the vasodilator it contains. This is one of its most remarkable aspects. Remember the kid with the flesh-eating bacteria, which the antibiotics could not contain. It was reversed and cured by constant local irrigation with Dermacyn. I myself cured a terrible recurring staph infected boil on my husbands back that the dermatologists could not keep from coming back, and I did it with Microcyn--it took two weeks, but we did it. It all depends on how you use it. It is the skill you use that unleashes Microcyn's incredible power.

Of course, antibiotics can and sometimes should be used in conjunction with Microcyn. It all depends on the case.

More later,

Leila

Quote Originally Posted by Leila View Post
    I believe it can be successful in reversing and curing full blown UTI's. I'll get back to you on that in the next few days--but it has something to do with Microcyn's ability to penetrate infected tissue quite deeply, because of the vasodilator it contains. This is one of its most remarkable aspects.

Leila
    Hi Leila,

I will be eager to praise it if it shows to be as good as you say, I really hope it is. Now, I only hope it makes it here without problems, tracking the package ...
    Pharmacist, C4-5 injury but functional C6 (no triceps/flexors)