Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Can I just say yesterday was a bad day?

Can I just say yesterday was a bad day?

Yesterday sucked.
    Today should be better.
    A small part for Dave's chair was $250, but $171.00 cash discount. It is about 2 inches long wtih 2 screws and a wingnut. (has to do with a crash into a doorway, at least he was not hurt)His arm is strapped because it holds the elbow stop. HE thinks it is funny that it looks like he is strapped down so he does not hit someone when we go to the store later. It took several calls and sending a picture. At least we have a nice contact person for the future.
    The supply store has messed up so many times in the red rubber suction cathetors we use-finally got the right ones after many calls and wrong ones arriving. Now the song "Red Rubber Ball" is stuck in my head.
    Our case manager called and things are really messed up that I thought were in order. We started a waiver program in January. Again, long story, long phone call.
    Insurance stuff showed up that is a mess and makes no sense.
    Dave's brother stopped by. Won't get into that. Clueless.
    It was gray and windy. Dave needed suctioning during the night so was up more than usual. Everything seems worse when you are tired.
    Could not find the bottle of antibiotics for Dave and had to dig through the garbage outside to find them. I also put the phone in the fridge.
    Our aide told us she was moving-and then said "April Fool." I am not sure what we would do if lost her. She is really young and thought this was funny I guess.
    Dave is on antibiotics and you know what that can do to your gut.
    Can't find something I need for taxes. Need a haircut. Adult daughter stopped by to help and I snapped at her. Then I had a beer
    There-that about does it.
    Just needed a vent.
    PS He keeps me laughing. Am not complaining.
    Last edited by LindaT; 04-03-2010 at 07:29 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by LindaT View Post
    Yesterday sucked.
    Today should be better.
    ....................Now the song "Red Rubber Ball" is stuck in my head.

....... Then I had a beer
    Just needed a vent.
    For the record you're entitled to complain - you so had me at putting the phone in the fridge and yup everything is worse when you're tired !

..... you so knew this was coming ....

Obie
    ~ Be the change you wish to see in the world ~ Mahatma Gandi

" calling all Angels ...... calling all Angels ....walk me through this one .. don't leave me alone .... calling all Angels .... calling all Angels .... we're tryin' and we're hopin' cause we're not sure how ....... this .... goes ..."
    Jane Siberry

Quote Originally Posted by Obieone View Post
    For the record you're entitled to complain - you so had me at putting the phone in the fridge and yup everything is worse when you're tired !

..... you so knew this was coming ....

Obie
    I am substituting the "red rubber tube" in the "red rubber ball" part of the song.
    That was too funny you sent that-other good things in it for me "the worst is over now......" Thanks!
    (I was going to delete this it sounded so whiney)

Yesterday sucked.
    Today should be better.
    A small part for Dave's chair was $250, but $171.00 cash discount. It is about 2 inches long wtih 2 screws and a wingnut. (has to do with a crash into a doorway, at least he was not hurt)His arm is strapped because it holds the elbow stop. HE thinks it is funny that it looks like he he strapped down so he does not hit someone when we go to the store later. It took several calls and sending a picture. At least we have a nice contact person for the future.
    The supply store has messed up so many times in the red rubber suction cathetors we use-finally got the right ones after many calls and wrong ones arriving. Now the song "Red Rubber Ball" is stuck in my head.
    Our case manager called and things are really messed up that I thought were in order. We started a waiver program in January. Again, long story, long phone call.
    It was gray and windy. Dave needed suctioning during the night so was up more than usual. Everything seems worse when you are tired.
    Could not find the bottle of antibiotics for Dave and had to did through the garbage outside to find them. I also put the phone in the fridge.
    Our aide told us she was moving-and then said "April Fool." I am not sure what we would do if lost her. She is really young and thought this was funny I guess.
    Can't find something I need for taxes. Need a haircut. Adult daughter stopped by to help and I snapped at her. Then I had a beer
    Just needed a vent.

sorry to hear about your bad day, hope today goes a lot better for you, i know I just checked my lottery numbers, and looks like a regular day for me heh heh
    sometimes when having a bad day, i like to reflect on all the emotions I went thru and start to think about how glad I am I was able to experience them all
    We must reject the idea that every time a law's broken, society is guilty rather than the lawbreaker. It is time to restore the American precept that each individual is accountable for his actions.
    Ronald Reagan

Yesterday sucked.
    Today should be better.
    A small part for Dave's chair was $250, but $171.00 cash discount. It is about 2 inches long wtih 2 screws and a wingnut. (has to do with a crash into a doorway, at least he was not hurt)His arm is strapped because it holds the elbow stop. HE thinks it is funny that it looks like he he strapped down so he does not hit someone when we go to the store later. It took several calls and sending a picture. At least we have a nice contact person for the future.
    Could not find the bottle of antibiotics for Dave and had to did through the garbage outside to find them. I also put the phone in the fridge.
    Just needed a vent.
    Seriously great post.
    Might be poetry, not sure.
    Definitely could be set to music; the caregiver rap.
    Sat on my couch reading and felt like reaching into the screen for a beer from your fridge. Pushed the phone out of the way
    Imagined several of us talking long into the night.
    Thank you. That about does it.

Sounds like what we call a Water Torture Day -- filled with a constant drip, drip, drip, drip of aggravations large and small.

Sending a hug and moral support your way, and wishes that not only today, but every day, will keep getting better and better.

I'm really glad you've joined us, Linda, and stuck around despite the less than friendly welcome you received in an earlier thread! You've added a lot to the conversations here.

PS -- I think I hear your fridge ringing.
    It is easier to find men who will volunteer to die, than to find those who are willing to endure pain with patience.

~Julius Caesar

Ewwww, seriously rotten day. And yes, you have a right to complain whenever you want to. I think you sound exhausted, or at least when I am doing things like putting the phone in the refrig and the lettuce under the bathroom vanity I know I am totally missing a good nights sleep!

Sweetie, I have had sooo many of those ..... and I just figure as it's happening

"someday this will be funny ......"

Thanks everyone-really. The next day better.