Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678

Thread: question for everybody

I like the way LaMem put it. I can't say my life is bad because it really isn't, it just isn't what I thought it would be like... but when I think of how far I've came from that first day in the hospital I should be proud of what I accomplished.
    Injured:10-16-04
    C7/C8, T1 incomplete;

For stalkers convenience:
    Blog:
    http://www.ordealsonwheels.com/
    Facebook:
    http://www.facebook.com/#!/coryssanchez
    Progress:
    http://photobucket.com/albums/b290/swooty/
    My drawings:
    http://kanvases.com/sites/corysanchez/home

Quote Originally Posted by Le Type Fran├žais View Post
    Only if the gun is pointing at your temple.
    Their comment to suicide was totally uncalled for.

I feel I battle with having a great life. I have tons of support from family, great friends, I'm surrounded by so many critters that bring me joy, have some cute kids around continuously to smile & laugh at, live comfortably within my means, gain serenity from being surrounded by nature. Still though, I'm settling for what good is left in life. I worked really hard too, but I played just as hard. Then I had the opportunity enjoy all of the above but to still stay active; hiking, canoing, being a water child, I could stay fit, I could run, romp & chase my animals where so ever I wanted, volunteer in ways that made me feel wonderful, work a job that made me feel whole & so on. I enjoy life from this chair because I refuse to be bitter & miserable. Still though, there's always another bump SCI throws in the road to always deal with whether it's my health or the aggrevation concerning my loss of total freedom. It's also so frustrating to watch my body fall apart , the lives of my parents spiral downward due to my injury, feel so out of control & to be so dependent on scripts to make my body comfortable if they allow that some days. SCI has humbled me , made me value the simple things in life & have a greater concern for the welfare & feelings of others & I'm thankful for these things. It's not the worst thing that could happen to me, no. So far though, it IS the worst thing that has happened.

However, I'm happy for you if you find this is your outlook, by now you should know. I do feel if I were in heavy with drugs before my injury, it would only drive me deeper. I'm glad it helped you find your way out.

Quote Originally Posted by quad79 View Post
    Their comment to suicide was totally uncalled for.
    Yes, you knew mine was sarcasm, right? He was making light of someone's sadness and suicidal agitation by offering to shoot the person, so I told him only pull the trigger if it's pointed at his head.

At least we're getting back to topic. Yes, I'm a quad as you can see in my picture.

Injured at three, I didn't know what life was pre-SCI. As said earlier, I'd love to have a fully functioning body, but that won't happen. Yes, there are things I would like to be different, but life isn't all that bad. I have and can do several things with SCI and remain pretty active. All the junk that comes with SCI isn't great, but it's something to deal with, as I'm sure ABs have difficulties as well.
    C2/3 quad since February 20, 1985.

Quote Originally Posted by Le Type Fran├žais View Post
    Yes, you knew mine was sarcasm, right? He was making light of someone's sadness and suicidal agitation by offering to shoot the person, so I told him only pull the trigger if it's pointed at his head.
    Oh, but of course.

I just can't understand how someone could show such a lack of empathy to belittle ones suffering then ridicule them by not taking care of it as if it's such a simple decision. They did follow with a sweet little huggie emoticon, perhaps their sentiments were sincere.

NOT.