9 28.13%
  • Children of SCI

4 12.50%
  • Children (up to late teens) with SCI

0 0%
  • Significant others/friends

5 15.63%
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Who are the Family Forum Members?

Abbers and book-sis - Not an intentional leave out - there are only 5 spaces on the 'post a topic' form. I wish I could add more, because I do feel sibs are as important a family member as anyone else - maybe our 'admins' can do something to add more selections, but in the meantime, know that we know you're there for your brothers and sisters!

Don't worry Marmalady, I understand.

Originally posted by joyt:

hi! i'm joy...

we recently aquired a golden lab puppy; she's a handful and quite adept at training us, rather than vice-versa!

joy
    "Now the only healthy way to live, as I see it, is to learn to like all the little every day things."
    ~ Gus McCrae
    You could use a little training Joyt!!!
    Mooooooooooooooooo

Abbers, I read in your profile that you're a knitter too. I've been knitting since I was 9 or 10, and was knitting clothes for my baby sister at 11. In fact she and I are working on an afghan together for our parents' 50th wedding anniversary at the end of May.

How long have you been knitting? Are you working on something now? What's your favorite article to knit? I've knitted more sweaters than I can count, but unfortunately in south Louisiana, they don't get much wear. Oh well. They were labors of love ... I'm sure you know what I mean.

Originally posted by martha2:

How long have you been knitting? Are you working on something now? What's your favorite article to knit? I've knitted more sweaters than I can count, but unfortunately in south Louisiana, they don't get much wear. Oh well. They were labors of love ... I'm sure you know what I mean.
    I definitely know what you mean. I used to complain when I'd go to craft shows and these beautiful hand knitted scarves and sweaters and things were SOOOO expensive, but now I fully understand why they are so expensive, as I am very slow of a knitter, apparently. I'm working on another Harry Potter scarf right now. I made one for myself and this one is for a friend. I picked up knitting last Christmas after I saw Morgan on TechTV talk about it and thought, "Hey, if she can do it, so can I!" LOL So I downloaded some instructions off the internet, got a book at the library, went to Wal-mart to buy some yarn and needles, and away I went. My needle collection is growing by leaps and bounds...and I have a ton of yarn that I've had for several months and never done anything with, but bought it because I thought it was pretty. I'm sure your afghan will be beautiful, though. I don't have the patience yet for big projects like sweaters and afghans...takes me long enough to do a scarf!

~Life is what happens to you, while you're busy making other plans...~

Abbers, I've seen the pattern for the Harry Potter scarf. That's quite an accomplishment! Both of my children (Tata and Ruru) like to knit sometimes, but not anything major. Like you, I've got tons of yarn I bought because I thought it was pretty. I've also got no less than 3 unfinished sweaters! Makes me sick. I spent $60 just on YARN for one of them (for me). Two were for Tata when she was about 9 or 10. She's 14 now--and a big girl! No point in finishing them now.

So far the afghan has been fun, but I'm having to try some new stitches, which makes me a little nervous.

hi i'm ruslan. I am sick

i'm 11 years old.MY dad is in a wheelchair.we do fun things together.

Hi, Ruslan, it's nice to meet you! And I'm sorry you are sick - I hope you get better soon.