Thread: Welcome!

Welcome!

Hello, and welcome to our newest forum - a family style 'smorgasbord' for all family members, as well as friends and significant others, to come, meet and greet, and discuss problems and solutions, and just to chat!

As 'veterans, we've all learned that sometimes being the family member of a loved one who has SCI can be a lonely place. We hope that here you will find others in your peer group - whether they be young folks, oldies but goodies, or in-betweeners!

Please feel free to introduce yourself, and start the discussions!

Hi,My mom and sister go on this site...so I want to come to and learn more about my dad.[He is in a wheelchair]

Laure-Jane

HI, LJ and welcome!

What are some of the things you would like to know more about?

Well,I just want to learn more about his injury.

emi, marmalady, and kld...do all the carecure nurses have an sci or another disability in your families? u certainly give of yourselves and should be commended for your good work here!

joy
    "Now the only healthy way to live, as I see it, is to learn to like all the little every day things."
    ~ Gus McCrae

Thank you, Joy - I just try to give back a little of what I've been given in terms of support, love and knowledge. If you look here , you'll see the intros for Emi and one of the nurses.

No, as far as I know none of the other SCI-Nurses has an immediately family member with a spinal cord injury or disease, but we all have worked in and are dedicated to this field and have many years of experience.

(KLD)