Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Rods/Screws

Rods/Screws

Ok, I know alot of you have Rods and Screws. I am a t-6 and have 2 rods and 12 screws! I weigh about 105-110. and have pain everyday in my back. I went to get it checked out and xrayed to make sure everything is ok. and it was. My surgeon talked about when its 2+years he could remove them, but he'd rather not. But because I'm so thin and don't have any muscle on my back its pinching my rod agianst the muscle. and gave me muscle relaxers. which only knock me out, they don't help with pain. Does anybody else have pain from their hardwear everyday?
    I have more to claim.
    I have to fight through the hard places
    to go and get it!

most recent video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fHLEinnhYtg

I can feel for you , but don't know if it is metal or cut nerves in our body. I have a lot of metal too and terrible nerve pain below my level of injury as well as my side. I was on all types of drugs but the pain never went away. The meds just numb or take the edge off. I have since even eliminated a lot of meds because of no positive results. So why take them. If you have a bad injury , I don't think removing rods is worth it , unless they prove them to be pinching nerves and 100% positively know it is from them.
    Yes, you should put on a little meat. Being that light might expose you to a sore too. I have seen it on people. Best of luck to you.

thanks! I just don't get even if I put on weight its not going to my back... that will be like the last place it goes to! I actually don't have any nerve pain! (thankfully!) I have friends that do and I am glad I do not. I have spasms pretty bad. But the dr said it was from the muscle against the rod is why it is causing me pain.
    I have more to claim.
    to go and get it!

most recent video:

Quote Originally Posted by drew82586 View Post
    thanks! I just don't get even if I put on weight its not going to my back... that will be like the last place it goes to! I actually don't have any nerve pain! (thankfully!) I have friends that do and I am glad I do not. I have spasms pretty bad. But the dr said it was from the muscle against the rod is why it is causing me pain.
    Muscle reacts to electrical stimulation...like nerves or electricity. Plain xrays are not diagnostic for nerve compression.
    Perhaps Dr. Wise might make a comment on rod removal possibilities.

In the mean time:

"PHILLY" 15 MINUTE CHEESECAKE
    1 c. graham cracker crumbs
    3 tbsp. sugar
    3 tbsp. butter, melted
    3 (8 oz.) pkg. cream cheese, softened
    3/4 c. sugar
    3 eggs
    1 c. mini semi-sweet chips
    1 tsp. vanilla

Combine crumbs, sugar and butter; press onto bottom of 9 inch springform pan. Combine cream cheese and sugar, mixing at medium speed with electric mixer until well blended. Add eggs, one at a time, mixing well after each addition. Blend in chocolate pieces and vanilla; pour over crust. Bake at 450 degrees, 10 minutes. Reduce temperature to 250 degrees; continue baking 35 minutes. Loosen cake from rim of pan; cool before removing rim of pan. Chill.

i have pain because the rods and screws putting pressure on my nerves or spinal cord i will be removing the rods and screws next month

oh wow. Have you regained anything? I saw you were t-11.
    I have more to claim.
    to go and get it!

most recent video:

Over the last twenty years I've occasionally had some pain. I probably caused it all myself from poor sitting posture, incorrect lifting, and twisting to much during transfers. You may want to look into your sleeping posture among those other things listed. Just some thoughts from my experience that may help.
    Andrew

I sleep on my back. I wouldn't know why that would hurt anything. I think that would be the best!
    I have more to claim.
    to go and get it!

most recent video:

Dr. Wise?? Do you have any input??
    I have more to claim.
    to go and get it!

most recent video:

Do you have a TLIF or a PLIF? TLIF is very close to the spinal column, PLIF rides more outboard. I can feel my TLIF my son had trouble with the PLIF he's a small guy, I'm not 6'1" 240
    Kindly,

The Ketamine Kitty

All the tears, all the pain, all the rage through the night (apolgies to the rewrite) RR

Next time I die make sure I'm gone,
    don't leave 'em nothing to work on JT

And I ain't nothin but a dream JM