Thread: Welcome to the Family Forum

Welcome to the Family Forum

This is the family forum. We hope that this will be a forum that family members can come and discuss their feelings, situations, problems, and concerns. I am particularly hopeful that this will be a place that our younger members can get together. Wise.

Wise, thanks so much. I'm assuming my children should register as individuals. Will the younger ones (under 18) have access to the chatroom?

Stupid question: How do I register my children? I repeatedly get a message saying I've already registered ... well, yeah! I'm probably the only person on this forum who has only one ID ... so I don't know how to maneuver all this. How do I register the kids? Do they need their own email addresses?

Yes, I know, my ignorance is showing again.

martha,

You have to Logout (see upper right... you should see "Hello, Martha2 [logout]"). Click that and this should bring up a window that would other people enter their own username and passwords. Your children should register under their own username. If your children use the same computer (browser) as you do, you should uncheck the box that tells the site to automatically log you in every time. This way, your children would not log in as you. They would have to log in under their own username and password.

Regarding access to the forums, this site does not check the age of the users and restrict them from specific forums or the chatroom. This was something that the moderators discussed at length. The site does allow us to restrict access to only to members with specific privileges but this is something that needs to be done manually. If you feel that your children should not be exposed to the discussions in the Relations & Sex Forum, we can try to find a way to restrict access to this forum but it may take a while.

Wise.