Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: This is just way tooo cool!

This is just way tooo cool!

My mouth is like a magician's hat, never know what might come out of it.

Beautiful. Looks like a Hobbit house.
    "The truth will set you free. But first, it will piss you off." -Gloria Steinem

Gonna move this to Life so you'll get more commentary. The Housing forum is for accessible designs.

It IS cool tho.
    My blog: Living Life at Butt Level

Ignite Phoenix #9 - Wheelchairs and Wisdom: Living Life at Butt Level

"I will not die an unlived life. I will not live in fear of falling or catching fire. I choose to inhabit my days, to allow my living to open me, to make me less afraid, more accessible, to loosen my heart until it becomes a wing, a torch, a promise. I choose to risk my significance; to live so that which comes to me as seed goes to the next as blossom and that which comes to me as blossom, goes on as fruit."

Dawna Markova Author of Open Mind.

Absolutely incredible!

I wanna live in a hobbit house ever since I watched lord of the rings

I've really always loved that natural look. I've actually been searching for things to decorate my apartment to try and get a more nature/zen look.

Thanks for the post!
    Injured:10-16-04
    C7/C8, T1 incomplete;

For stalkers convenience:
    Blog:
    http://www.ordealsonwheels.com/
    Facebook:
    http://www.facebook.com/#!/coryssanchez
    Progress:
    http://photobucket.com/albums/b290/swooty/
    My drawings:
    http://kanvases.com/sites/corysanchez/home

Quote Originally Posted by mr_coffee View Post

I've really always loved that natural look. I've actually been searching for things to decorate my apartment to try and get a more nature/zen look.

I could picture that Cory .... if you want the ambiance in your apartment to feel more "natural" bring things in from outside ie. pieces of driftwood from the ocean, interesting rocks (one or two large ones or a bowl of all different shapes and sizes) ..... maybe a wee aquarium or a little water fountain. Remember natures elements - water,wood, metal and fire. It will become zen ....... ommmm...... namste

Obie
    ~ Be the change you wish to see in the world ~ Mahatma Gandi

" calling all Angels ...... calling all Angels ....walk me through this one .. don't leave me alone .... calling all Angels .... calling all Angels .... we're tryin' and we're hopin' cause we're not sure how ....... this .... goes ..."
    Jane Siberry

Great house, and even though he says it was built with minimal concern for the environment it is very environmentally friendly. I knew someone years ago that had a very progressive house made out of some sort of spray foam that hardened over whatever frame was constructed. The best part was thay you could just put windows wherever you wanted them with no concern for "standard" sizes or placement.

I would like to go in there and hide from the world.

Quote Originally Posted by mr_coffee View Post

Thanks for the post!
    I know how you feel; I want to live in Lothlórien.

That whole website is really thought provoking! What if all the families that have been in projects for generations got a plot of land and could build their own home for $3K? Just garden and get off the grid? My mom was a hippie, this was her absolute dream. That woman had a worm farm on the back porch, sounds crazy but it's true. They did the composting work for you, and produced incredible soil. We never had to dig for fish bait.

Oddly, I woke up today trying to think of a way to raise my own pig. I hate chickens but I'd sure like some real eggs. I wish I had access to real food. The old-timers used to kill a chicken on Sundays, I can still taste those dumplings. That flavor doesn't come from a supermarket.

This sure made me smile.

Cory, let me know if you want me to macrame' a wall hanging. LOL, an old useless hippie skill, maybe we need to bring back macrame'!