Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Google chrome issues

Google chrome issues

I use Google Chrome, and I love it. I used to be a real Firefox enthusiast, but Chrome has a lot of great features. I use it on two different computers, and on one of the computers I often find that certain webpages don't load right, and I have to empty my cache (by going into tools->options->under the hood->clear browsing data). Types of pages that are affected include Gmail (funny enough), Facebook, weather.com, and youtube. Somehow after some Google searching I discovered that clearing my cache could fix the problem. It still gets frustrating because I end up having to clear it several times a day.

Based on some of the text that appears when the pages load funny, I get a feeling that flash or Java somehow starts not loading right, and clearing the cache fixes the problem. Could there be any possible permanent fix? When I first started having the problem, I tried completely uninstalling Chrome, but no success :-(

What you mean by checking the DNP setting? Where do I do that, and what do I check for?

Which OS are you using?
    ...it's worse than we thought. it turns out the people at the white house are not secret muslims, they're nerds.

Windows 7 Professional 32-bit

Can you post a screenshot of, say, YouTube loading incorrectly?

I just learned how to manually add keyboard shortcuts to the Vrome extension, so now I'm using Chrome, too. (On Linux in Beta.)
    ...it's worse than we thought. it turns out the people at the white house are not secret muslims, they're nerds.

Sure! It only took a couple of hours after getting home for Chrome to start acting up. I'm posting a screenshot of youtube at the point when I need to clear my cache.

I'm not having any problems with that video. Are you using the HTML5 viewer or Flash?

Quote Originally Posted by Steven Edwards View Post
    I'm not having any problems with that video. Are you using the HTML5 viewer or Flash?
    Yeah, once I clear my cache, my problems are solved for a little while... I just end up having to clear the cache at least a few times a day. I believe I'm using flash, but how do I know which one I'm using?

Sorry, posted under a different name.

I found that Google chrome ran extremely slowly in Vista 64-bit but absolutely flies in XP and Windows 7