Thread: ANSI Standards???

ANSI Standards???

I'm always challenging building codes inspectors around here on their shoddy work and failure to accurately inspect prior to approving plans and finished buildings. During one such conversation I was told that the locals use codes listed in ANSI A 117.1, an international building code.

Does anyone know where I can download the standards for free? Everything I find is pay only. I don't think its faid to make the public pay for standards adopted by local and state gov't.

And please don't say anything about the ADA, DOJ blah,blah, blah. The ADA and DOJ are feel-goods only and do little for us and universal design.

Thanks
    Dave
    Dave

Bump

Really, No one? These are the standards which can be enforced by local authorities (under most situations) and not the "magical/mysterious" ADA police, yet NO ONE knows anything about them????
    Dave

To be fair they differ from state to state, as well as local codes. Is there a particular area of interest you're referring to in regards to a code?

Are you talking about basic building codes or those affecting accessibility? I am not sure what you want from us.
    You will find a guide to preserving shoulder function @
    http://www.rstce.pitt.edu/RSTCE_Reso...imb_Injury.pdf

See my personal webpage @
    http://cccforum55.freehostia.com/

...it's worse than we thought. it turns out the people at the white house are not secret muslims, they're nerds.

Quote Originally Posted by Steven Edwards View Post
    I haven't looked over every page yet, but at first glance it appears to be what I need.

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by gpbullock View Post
    To be fair they differ from state to state, as well as local codes. Is there a particular area of interest you're referring to in regards to a code?
    No, these don't change from state to state and are actually enforceable by an entity that exists. UNLIKE the impotent "ADA"
    Dave