Thread: Tattoo

Tattoo

I really want to get a tatto. I was ready to get one right before my accident but since I was in EMS and it was going to be an EMS tattoo I ended up not getting it since I dont do EMS anymore.

I want to reach out to our very talented community of artists and ask for any design ideas. I want something that incorporates the struggle of SCI, (I am a walking para, S1 complete from an L1 burst fracture), my past work in EMS, my love of dogs, Love, and the future.

Can be in color or black and gray.

I dont want some generic run of the mill tattoo. I really want it to mean something. I am not an artist and I figure where else to get the best input than those who have had the same struggles.

If you are inked please post a pic. I would really like to see what you have!

Your best bet would be to check out some of the local tattoo shops and talk it over with some of the artists that work at them. Go over their portfolios and look for custom pieces they have done in the past that you like, then explain what you are looking for in a tattoo.

Those are a few that I have.

Quote Originally Posted by obey3one View Post
    Your best bet would be to check out some of the local tattoo shops and talk it over with some of the artists that work at them. Go over their portfolios and look for custom pieces they have done in the past that you like, then explain what you are looking for in a tattoo.

Those are a few that I have.
    Thanks those are very nice. I am just hoping to get some ideas from peeps. Hoping some of the artists on here might want to draw something up. That would be way kewl to know a fellow sci'er put time into something that means so much.

please give me an idea of what you want. i would love to try designing one. will not be offended if you dont choose one, but please let me try. I am very good with wildlife and especially good with horse portraits. right now I am working on a few foxes.

unfinished sorry blurry, but you get the idea.

Jody you are very talented! I am thinking I want something to do with a phoenix, represents rebirth, rising from the ashes, starting over. Which is perfect for overcoming SCI. I am thinking for EMS to use the star of life. Not sure what I want for representing the breaking of vertabre, love I am thinking rose's and not sure what to do for the future part. I think i will save the love of dogs for another one.

k, I'll see what I can come up with. note, a tatoo below injury if you get a.d can cause a.d even if you can't feel it.

Quote Originally Posted by jody View Post
    k, I'll see what I can come up with. note, a tatoo below injury if you get a.d can cause a.d even if you can't feel it.
    I have such a low injury I dont think AD would even be a concern. I think I will be getting in on my low back area. My feeling starts to go at waist level so it should be ok. Thanks so much.