Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: How do I carry a handgun concealed in my chair?

Quote Originally Posted by CapnGimp View Post
    Use a shoulder holster minus extra straps, hung around the neck with the pistolE hanging down near your stomach. It won't interfere with your pushing the chair and it is quickly accessible by sticking your hand under your untucked shirt and grabbing it.
    Took a while to get used to but after a few days, it's all good.
    I tried that and it looked like I had a shoe box under my shirt. Did you ever get stopped for shop lifting? If it looks like you have stuff under there it makes me wonder if it could happen.
    Andrew

Do any quads have experience with shooting a hand gun? I want to make a gun mount for my girlfriends wheelchair. She was shot by her crazy ex-boyfriend, so she's not too fond of guns. She does know that a gun in the right hands can make a big difference though. She was a little nervous about me having a gun, but quickly got over that when she realized I am a responsible gun owner and I would never do anything to hurt her. Back to the idea....

I was thinking about something that could mount on the side of the chair and be pointing down. If she needed to use it, she could rotate the gun up and it would lock into a upward position. The gun handle would be customized to have a pivoting lever that she could push with her hand to discharge the weapon.

She never goes anywhere without me right now, so, that isn't too big of a deal. When she does start going out on her own, I was thinking about buying her a trained german shepherd. Yes, they are a lot of money, but if it would deter someone from trying to hurt her, it is money well spent...not to mention I love dogs...

Quote Originally Posted by MarkB701 View Post
    I am playing the percentage game.

Having the gun under the chair means I ALWAYS have the gun with me. Even when I'm in the shower, it is right there.
    WTF? Psycho scar you for life or something?

Quote Originally Posted by Le Type Fran├žais View Post

I drop the soap alot.....and some people just don't realize that "no" means no....

[sorry todd, couldn't resist a slightly homophobic joke there..... ]

Quote Originally Posted by Le Type Fran├žais View Post
    He went to an English boarding school.

LOL, Mark. I've got a Browning 9m from Belgium, older style, a bit big, thinking of going to either Keltec or the Bersa .380, a bit easier than trying to hide the Brownie. Also the posts are wise, if your out on your own, I would always pack, even more now that I'm a para.

I actually kind of like that position. You can get to the gun easily. I am not 100% sure about the laws on CCW yet, but I live in a city, and I am pretty sure that if you open carry it is against the law (at least "disturbing the peace"), so I think I need something more concealed.

Quote Originally Posted by roc21 View Post
    ..ive been through tactical shooting courses(pre injury).... friend was special forces...post injury, still shoot my glock9mm...baretta25cal....m4....mp5..........pers onally, i have it on me , not the chair.....if ur in a situation and u fall off or get knocked off your chair....u cannot get to your gun.....
    This is what I was thinking. The worst thing that could happen is somebody comes and tosses you out of the chair... and then sees your gun in the chair.

I am playing the percentage game.

Having the gun under the chair means I ALWAYS have the gun with me. Even when I'm in the shower, it is right there.
    I wish that this case could work for me, but I go to school and volunteer in a hospital, so there are just too many places that I can't take it (which include banks, public gatherings and restaurants that serve alcohol in my state).

If I always had it on me, eventually it would get me in a whole lot of trouble.

Quote Originally Posted by funklab View Post
    I wish that this case could work for me, but I go to school and volunteer in a hospital, so there are just too many places that I can't take it (which include banks, public gatherings and restaurants that serve alcohol in my state).

If I always had it on me, eventually it would get me in a whole lot of trouble.
    I have this issue now also. and I am not sure what to do about it. I am doing my internship with BigBrothers Big Sisters which means I go in and out of schools. It gets old taking it on and off. I have been leaving it at home in the safe a lot. I like it on my chair. I know that my chair isn't getting away from me so I don't have to worry as much and it is always by my bed at night. Now if I get knocked out of my chair, I don't know. Sure is complicated.
    If you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best.

Sometimes it is easier to widen doors than it is to open minds.

I have a taurus t85 alloy frame with the kurled hammer. I have it the chest pocket of my riding jacket and have that on everytime I ride so have it with me whereever I go. I have had a CC since I was 18 and now that I am handicapped and work as a dispatcher I can say that we are just there to clean up the mess, if you have a real life threatening problem and you want to call the police you mine as well have a few drinks and drive thru rush hour traffic.

As for having a gun in the shower, I have a romanian dragunov in my bathroom, I figure if have to sit there for 3 hours there is a better chance that someone might get the great idea to come and get it they will get more that they thought.
    I have a few other pistols but for carry its seems the bigger it is the less chance you will have it with, I carried a glock 21 (full size .45acp about the size of a video tape) for 2 years and it was wayy to big but no one noticed it, once I started riding motorcycle the waist carry did not work as well so my brother and myself found that the ankle holster was the way to go and I wear shorts to work so that was out in this situation.

Believe me for a full size gun the FN 5.7 is the lightest most accurate pistol I have owned and I have had over 40 different handguns.
    I am existing right now, I would give anything to live again.

Quote Originally Posted by SethO View Post

Believe me for a full size gun the FN 5.7 is the lightest most accurate pistol I have owned and I have had over 40 different handguns.
    Fantastic Weapon!

I carry in my Fobus ankle holster, but I'm a para and can fall forward and push myself up with my none shooting hand. I know you say you can't get to it as quickly as on your chair, but I think the risks of attaching it to your chair when your around a lot of people outweighs the extra second or two it takes to shoot from your ankle. Plus, practice shooting from a bent over position (no jokes, Todd! lol) so you're not coming up from grabbing your gun, your just shooting from a lower angle.

Being quick on the draw only looks good in westerns. If you think you can outdraw a person who already has their weapon out, your sadly mistaken. Having said that, I have worn a shoulder holster to show my "speed" while seated, but they're clumsy when wheeling.

I would never feel comfortable with a weapon under my chair and out of my constant control.

My .02

Dave
    Last edited by Herco16; 03-30-2010 at 06:54 AM.
    Dave