Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast

Thread: How do I carry a handgun concealed in my chair?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

How do I carry a handgun concealed in my chair?

I am going to be getting my concealed carry permit soon, and I want to get other chair users opinions and examples of how they carry. I am some where around T9-10 with a manual chair. Most likely, I will be carrying a small .357 revolver with a 3" barrel.

So....

How do you guys/gals carry?

Shoulder holsters? Belt holsters? Bags/purses/fanny bags? Concealed on the chair?

Also, I have yet to take the concealed carry course, anything you all can think of that I might need to keep in mind (wheelchair specific)?

Is it a horrible mistake for me to buy a revolver to carry?

I have shot all types of guns since I was young. I have shot from my wheelchair post injury, but not much.

If you don't think that people should have guns, that is nice. Please tell us all something about it, but not in this thread. If you want to argue 2nd Amendment issues, please do so in the Politics forum.

Thanks in advance!

funk

Quote Originally Posted by t8burst View Post
    I use one of these: http://www.ebags.com/case_logic/mobi...ELAID=26874697

Sits under the seat, it is great.
    do you carry in one of those T8?

I don't think it would work particularly well for me, because i have a little flap/pocket thingy that hangs down in the front of my chair. Seems like I would have to lean forward to get under there, and it would probably take far too long.

Also, the revolver I am looking at comes in blue and stainless. I like the stainless better, but the blued one is in stock and the stainless is not. Does anybody carry a blued gun? How do blued finishes hold up?

I have never owned a blued gun before, and I have heard nightmare stories about them rusting in one day, and I have also heard stories of people carrying them for years without a problem.

Quote Originally Posted by funklab View Post
    do you carry in one of those T8?

I don't think it would work particularly well for me, because i have a little flap/pocket thingy that hangs down in the front of my chair. Seems like I would have to lean forward to get under there, and it would probably take far too long.
    I am not Wyatt Earp so speed of retrieval is not a factor for me, live on a farm and occasionally go outside and shoot at targets. I am not a huge fan of revolvers, and after my injury I find my favorite gun is a HK USP, it has a nice spring setup and for a 9mm has a light recoil.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by t8burst View Post
    I use one of these: http://www.ebags.com/case_logic/mobi...ELAID=26874697

Sits under the seat, it is great.
    I liked it so much I just installed one on my zra I keep in the car. I'm gonna carry mine in the zippered pouch. My CAMERA that is

Blog Entries
    more with it mounted on the chair
    and it is built good for about 25 bucks, shipped

Just thought I'd show what I've been doing for the last month or so since I got my permit.

Nobody's seent it yet, and this way even if I get separated from my chair I've still got it.

Just thought I'd show what I've been doing for the last month or so since I got my permit.

Nobody's seent it yet, and this way even if I get separated from my chair I've still got it.
    You have a safety on that thing? You bend or something the wrong way and you'll shoot your ass (literally).

I tried an inside waistband holster like that and it was really uncomfortable. I can feel down to my waist and I have some hypersensitivity right about where my pants waistband is. So it felt like it was always poking me. I still haven’t found a real great solution. I usually just keep it in the pouch that is on the front of my cushion. As long as I keep it unzipped I can get to it pretty quickly, but like you said, if I get out of the chair its still there.

carefully