Page 1 of 9 123456789 LastLast

Thread: How do I carry a handgun concealed in my chair?

How do I carry a handgun concealed in my chair?

I am going to be getting my concealed carry permit soon, and I want to get other chair users opinions and examples of how they carry. I am some where around T9-10 with a manual chair. Most likely, I will be carrying a small .357 revolver with a 3" barrel.

So....

How do you guys/gals carry?

Shoulder holsters? Belt holsters? Bags/purses/fanny bags? Concealed on the chair?

Also, I have yet to take the concealed carry course, anything you all can think of that I might need to keep in mind (wheelchair specific)?

Is it a horrible mistake for me to buy a revolver to carry?

I have shot all types of guns since I was young. I have shot from my wheelchair post injury, but not much.

If you don't think that people should have guns, that is nice. Please tell us all something about it, but not in this thread. If you want to argue 2nd Amendment issues, please do so in the Politics forum.

Thanks in advance!

funk

Quote Originally Posted by t8burst View Post
    I use one of these: http://www.ebags.com/case_logic/mobi...ELAID=26874697

Sits under the seat, it is great.
    do you carry in one of those T8?

I don't think it would work particularly well for me, because i have a little flap/pocket thingy that hangs down in the front of my chair. Seems like I would have to lean forward to get under there, and it would probably take far too long.

Also, the revolver I am looking at comes in blue and stainless. I like the stainless better, but the blued one is in stock and the stainless is not. Does anybody carry a blued gun? How do blued finishes hold up?

I have never owned a blued gun before, and I have heard nightmare stories about them rusting in one day, and I have also heard stories of people carrying them for years without a problem.

carefully

I have been pondering this same issue, but being c-6 (I have decent right hand; thumb, pointer, middle finger) I figured I would have to go with a shoulder system that crossdraws with a light thumb release... I haven't seen one in a while,my dad had one when I was a kid. I am going to Cabela's in the next couple of days. I'll let you know if I find something.
    When trains meet motorcycles, the motorcycle always loses.

Quote Originally Posted by conrad View Post
    I have been pondering this same issue, but being c-6 (I have decent right hand; thumb, pointer, middle finger) I figured I would have to go with a shoulder system that crossdraws with a light thumb release... I haven't seen one in a while,my dad had one when I was a kid. I am going to Cabela's in the next couple of days. I'll let you know if I find something.

I have seen a couple of those, but to truly conceal it, you probably have to wear a jacket, which isn't an option for half of the year down here in the south.

In the past I have worn a t-shirt with a loose button up cotton shirt over top, dark colors or patterns seem to hide well. In an emegency I don't mind breaking a few buttons of a shirt. I still haven't sat in my chair with one of this style yet, so I'm not even sure it will work.

My opinion is anything that gets you thinking about solutions is a step in the right direction even if it gets shot down
    When trains meet motorcycles, the motorcycle always loses.

I found that only under the front of the chair worked well. In a pouch or mounted right under the cushion. I've tucked it under my leg before too but not in public, just while target practicing. I suppose you could strap it to your leg and then cover it up somehow.

Last week I shot my handgun at the groundhog digging into my partner's garden. I hadn't shot the piston since I've been together with her, almost eight years. I used to target practice a lot before I met her. Of course I missed!
    Andrew

The wheel gun is good choice but how about a sub compact auto de cocker in a 380 or 9mm tucked away in an ankle holster. With the de cocker your weapon is ready to fire yet can be carried safely with no worry of an accidental discharge. When trouble arises all you have to do is bend down draw aim and shoot.

I saw an article online about using a gun from a chair last week. http://www.humanevents.com/article.php?id=36008

(I have no idea how accurate it is .... I am not a gun user, but thought it was worth posting at least.)
    T7-8 since Feb 2005