Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Visiting Japan

Visiting Japan

For those people thinking of visiting Japan, this is a great site. Shockingly low price affordable prices for Japan.

http://www.nippon2007.us/manija.php

Visiting Japan was one of my biggest dreams pre-injury, I even started learning the language. I hope to rekindle that dream someday but for the time being I need to focus on more immediate problems.

Zero, I grew up in and travelled extensively in Japan. It is really a wonderful place to visit. You should go. Wise.

I'm still in the stage of recovery where I feel like being in a chair would take all the fun out of travelling. I know it will pass, and when it does I'll start making plans again!

Do you think the main areas of Tokyo are relatively accessible? I want to see Akihabara for one. I also want to visit some of the temples in Japan, I suspect they are more of a challenge in a wheelchair though.

konichiwa
    i always wanted to visit japan too ! i love the food and i find japanese culture fascinating!

hugs, lola
    "All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing" ~ edmund burker

c4-5 quad

I'm a WW-2 history buff. I've always wanted to visit the Peace Garden at Hiroshima. And go to a rock concert at the Budokan!
    "Music will always find its way to us, with or without business, politics, religion, or any other bullshit attached. Music survives everything, and like God it is always present. It needs no help, and suffers no hindrance. It has always found me, and with God's blessing and permission, it always will." Eric Clapton

ici ,ni ,san ...i know more than that.
    arigato.
    my sen sei teached me,,,
    i always wanted to visit japan and to eat a real sushi ...a gheisha as well.lol
    • Dum spiro, spero.
      • Translation: "As long as I breathe, I hope."

I spent about 4 days in the Tokyo Bay area in 2003 and they were some of the best 4 days of my life. I particularly remember the friendliness of the people and the world's largest fish market and some very beautiful Shinto and Buddhist temples south of Tokyo, the Ginza and the Imperial Gardens.
    The Japanese are great imitators too. I remember a German style beer hall on the Ginza; for a few seconds, I thought I was in Munich. lol !
    Step up, stand up for:
    http://www.stepnow.org

'He not busy being born is busy dying." <Bob Dylan>

Arrow

Quote Originally Posted by adi chicago
    ici ,ni ,san ...i know more than that.
    arigato.
    my sen sei teached me,,,
    i always wanted to visit japan and to eat a real sushi ...a gheisha as well.lol
    * taught
    "All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing" ~ edmund burker

c4-5 quad

I was a summer exchange student in Sapporo when I was in college, and lived with a Japanese physician and his family...visited Japanese hospitals and helped the residents practice their medical English. We got to travel all around Hokkaido, as well as to Toyko, Takayama and Gifu. Met a lot of very nice people and saw some beautiful country...even learned a bit of Japanese. I would love to go back again. I understand that that wheelchair accessiblity is pretty poor though. We have had some visiting Japanese people with SCI come to our center and it is sad to hear how few opportunities there are for them to work, go to school or have recreation opportunities there. (KLD)