Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Roho Cushions: Used

Roho Cushions: Used

Is there a likely problem with used roho high cushions? Do they erode with time. Can you autoclave them?

If you autoclave a Roho you will get back nothing but a big lump of melted rubber. They can be cleaned with a soft brush and a good disinfectant (something with 10% bleach is best) and rinsed well in the shower, or could be gas sterilized (if you have access to that).

Used ones of course will not be covered under warranty, and will have a shorter lifespan, and much more likely to spring a leak.

(KLD)

SCI Nurse

Many thanks. Do you know of any other cushions that would work as a seat cushion. My problem is not decubiti, but low back pain if I try to ride the bus. Would Roho be any good for that?

All of my cushions have been used rohos, they've worked well for me.

Blog Entries
    used here as well, no problems. I refuse to pay over 150 for a cushion. That is just bullshit. Pardon my english.
    Roho suspends you on a cushion of air, so I say yes. I also use a Stimulite contour cushion and it works really well. As far as bus cushioning, I'm not sure on either one. I've rode prison buses with my roho and it STILL beat me to death. I don't think you can negate bus jarring with a cushion. But both are excellent at what they do.

I never used bleach on my rohos, not sure if it could damage them short or long term, I'm taking no chances. I just wash mine in the shower with me. I use Simple Green mixed about 50/50 and my hand. Scrub good n rinse. Even gets grease off my stimulite.

I have a 18 inch wide roho I need to sell, never been used. Make an offer its yours.

Quote Originally Posted by Lizbv View Post
    I have a 18 inch wide roho I need to sell, never been used. Make an offer its yours.
    can you tell me how many cells x cells it is? your profile says something about secret shopping...would you like some companies to sign up with? I do that...mostly movies but I can give you lots of different ones to sign up with..if you like

Quote Originally Posted by djrolling View Post
    can you tell me how many cells x cells it is? your profile says something about secret shopping...would you like some companies to sign up with? I do that...mostly movies but I can give you lots of different ones to sign up with..if you like
    i'll try to take a photo of it in next couple of days to show folks. its a high profile. not sure what you mean by cells x cells, sorry, I'm a jay2 user

sure, I would be interested in the secret shopper info! i think it would be fun!

My 18 inch is 10X10. So hers probably is also.
    T7-8 since Feb 2005

Quote Originally Posted by Lizbv View Post
    i'll try to take a photo of it in next couple of days to show folks. its a high profile. not sure what you mean by cells x cells, sorry, I'm a jay2 user

sure, I would be interested in the secret shopper info! i think it would be fun!
    Sent you a PM and the cells are those fingers of air...or whatever u want to call them...lol