Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Gripe about home site.

Quote Originally Posted by Eileen View Post
    Oh Juke, I am so sorry. Wouldn't it be illegal to just evict you on the spot? I thought a certain amount of notice had to be given? I don't even know that you have a way of reading this, but if you do can you check in with an attorney. They should be willing to give you at least that much of a clarification for free.
    Eileen, thanks for the commiseration.

When the woman said she was kicking me out I replied that she would have to actually do it through the legal process and she then yelled that I couldn't "threaten her" and used her physically superior condition to physically prevent me going into the house while bringing a small part of my things out to the curb and telling me to "call my ride". I had and have no ride so everything has been left behind. I believe she's violated the law in this and will do some checking. But my experience of Calif. law seems to indicate that I'll get little or no agreement or compensation from bringing this to adjudication.

Meanwhile I'm on the streets tonight all night.

I've been blowing up my ROHO cushion daily to compensate for a small leak - I can't do that w/o getting off the dammed thing and now won't be able to do that for an indefinite period so my two little pressure sores should have an excellent chance to get much worse. And the phone you so nicely sent me is near dead and even a local cell place couldn't find the appropriate charger after looking for nearly an hour. Before tomorrow the cell will be dead. And my SSHH worker didn't even call me back today before her working day ended.
    "The world will not perish for want of wonders but for want of wonder."
    J.B.S.Haldane

I've called two shelters but it's already after 6 PM (first come first serve basis). I am unable to reach Steve on his cell phone.

This is a powerful winter storm hitting California. It's coming down big and it's coming down hard.

Sorry.
    The test of success is not what you do when you are on top. Success is how high you bounce when you hit the bottom
    --General George Patton

Complex problems need to be solved collectively.
    ––Paul Nussbaum
    usc87.blogspot.com

When all of this went down last time I suggested he get on the list here.
    www.ncr.org
    Did he? They should have had an opening by now.
    If you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best.

Sometimes it is easier to widen doors than it is to open minds.

Juke, as a paying tenant, your landlord cannot evict you without going through the courts.

Head to the cop shop ASAP -- they should charge and arrest her unless she lets you back in. If any of your belongings are destroyed or damaged, sue her in small claims court.
    It is easier to find men who will volunteer to die, than to find those who are willing to endure pain with patience.

~Julius Caesar

Quote Originally Posted by thehipcrip View Post
    Juke, as a paying tenant, your landlord cannot evict you without going through the courts.

Head to the cop shop ASAP -- they should charge and arrest her unless she lets you back in. If any of your belongings are destroyed or damaged, sue her in small claims court.
    Hipcrip, I'm in Kaiser hosp in S. Sac the past week and a half and will be going to a nursing home tomorrow where I'll stay until my two small pressure areas are all healed - yes, same sores as nine months ago.

I got a nurse I met here to got to the residence to look for my laptop and she decided she could store all my stuff as long as necessary. Beautiful woman too. My laptop is here now and will travel w me for the time being - so if I can get the nurse lady to find and bring my cell and LT chargers I can have phone and internet from here on.

I intend to persure all realistic legal avenues asap but for now I'll to to the nursing place and get my sores all healed up.

Anyone hear/know about the Venus Project?
    J.B.S.Haldane

Juke,
    While I rarely think nursing home placement is ideal, I am glad to know you have housing for the next bit, along with three squares a day. It sounds like your sores need some bedrest too, so it is sort of a win/win. So glad the nurse is helping you out storing your stuff, and hope you get what else you need ASAP. Hang in there.

Quote Originally Posted by Eileen View Post
    Juke,
    While I rarely think nursing home placement is ideal, I am glad to know you have housing for the next bit, along with three squares a day. It sounds like your sores need some bedrest too, so it is sort of a win/win. So glad the nurse is helping you out storing your stuff, and hope you get what else you need ASAP. Hang in there.
    Eileen, Today makes two weeks I've been living in the home, American River Care Canter, and it's really not too bad. Where I'd anticipated having no privacy here it turns out I've got more here than I'd had in the hospital. The food is pretty bad though. I'm in a two bed room with a stroke victim and we've got use of a VHS player and tapes and can shut our room door at night and watch movies all night. Don't know if it's the best thing for him as he's spent all day today in bed and he needs the rehab at this stage.

I'm planning to make one more effort to get the woman who kicked me out to bring my laptop charger to the Center and then buy a new one. I hope that, down the line when I have the whole matter adjudicated, I get a judgement by which she made to reimburse me for that and a lot of other things.
    J.B.S.Haldane

I'm really happy to hear that you are OK. I was wondering about you today and hoping that you are all right.

Take that beeyotch landlady to court as soon as you are able. She is going to find out that there are rules to follow when dealing with tenants and that they do indeed apply to her as they do any other landlord.

Glad that you are at least indoors even though the location is not all that desirable.
    Anything worth doing, is worth doing to excess

Steve, I'm glad to hear an update from you, my friend.
    Daniel

Quote Originally Posted by Juke_spin View Post
    I've been blowing up my ROHO cushion daily to compensate for a small leak - I can't do that w/o getting off the dammed thing and now won't be able to do that for an indefinite period so my two little pressure sores should have an excellent chance to get much worse. And the phone you so nicely sent me is near dead and even a local cell place couldn't find the appropriate charger after looking for nearly an hour. Before tomorrow the cell will be dead. And my SSHH worker didn't even call me back today before her working day ended.
    What size & model ( low, Hi, etc.) Roho do you need / use?