Thread: Pain In My Sleep

Exclamation Pain In My Sleep

Greetings,

I am searching for some light in my bizarre case, please read:

On the day when I had spinal core injury, falling off a horse, when they did the CT and MRI scan, they found that I had a brain aneurysm.

Six months later they operated, and my surgeon didn't see that there was an extra vein coming out of aneurysm, and stop blood flow to a portion of my brain. Thanks Dr. for the stroke.

Next:

After the initial recovery... I noticed a very strange thing starting to happen that night. My mom wakes up in the middle of the night & comes to turn me... and it just so happened that I couldn't fall asleep immediately after. Eventually I got sleepy, and I dozed off.

My dozing off, didn't last that long, seconds, because I woke up in terror of having felt the worst pain of my life. I don't remember seeing any figures as if I was dreaming, only remember having seen a strobe light, and feeling caught in this pain which traveled from my feet all the way up to my head, unable to escape... and when I woke up my heart started beating very fast and I immediately called my mom and my grandma.

Almost one year later, I still get those types of hallucinations/dreams/ what ever. They usually happen about once a month, if I don't go back to sleep immediately during the night. But now, because I'm used to them and can better tolerate when they happen, without calling my friends on the phone or my parents at 4 AM, naturally, this sleepy feeling comes again, my eyes close and then it happens again. But, they are just as scarry. Rarely can I sleep again after this happens.

Professional steps I have taken are to neurologists, I got an EEG, another MRI, and it is planned for me to have a sleep study which my mom is not supportive of. I would be a caregiver to go to the hospital with me, which costs extra. I have shared this with many people, and some think they are seizures, sleep apnea, partial sensory seizures...the last one was because I saw visual fireworks twice. But overall, that EEG did not show anything. I also speculated that they might be sleep paralysis episodes, but actually, had one, when I could walk, and I'm convinced that was a sleep paralysis, but now it doesn't feel quite like it.

Through my sleep, I dreamt of myself trying to figure out what is happening, of actually dreaming that I am in the same position that I am when I am sleeping: trying to squeeze my hands, trying to open my eyes, trying to speak, trying to breathe; because most the time I cannot remember breathing. And...now, it is back to normal... getting caught up in a unyielding pain... which eventually wakes me up within seconds.

How do things make their way into the hands of researchers?

Medications I'm taking on Neurontin and baclofen, which are known to cause hallucinations... but I am unsure.

Thank you for having the patience...

Solved...

OUT OF BODY EXPERIENCES, NOW I SEEK THEM, AND AM NOT AFRAID.

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by otiness View Post
    Greetings,

I am searching for some light in my bizarre case, please read:

On the day when I had spinal core injury, falling off a horse, when they did the CT and MRI scan, they found that I had a brain aneurysm.

Six months later they operated, and my surgeon didn't see that there was an extra vein coming out of aneurysm, and stop blood flow to a portion of my brain. Thanks Dr. for the stroke.

Next:

After the initial recovery... I noticed a very strange thing starting to happen that night. My mom wakes up in the middle of the night & comes to turn me... and it just so happened that I couldn't fall asleep immediately after. Eventually I got sleepy, and I dozed off.

My dozing off, didn't last that long, seconds, because I woke up in terror of having felt the worst pain of my life. I don't remember seeing any figures as if I was dreaming, only remember having seen a strobe light, and feeling caught in this pain which traveled from my feet all the way up to my head, unable to escape... and when I woke up my heart started beating very fast and I immediately called my mom and my grandma.

Almost one year later, I still get those types of hallucinations/dreams/ what ever. They usually happen about once a month, if I don't go back to sleep immediately during the night. But now, because I'm used to them and can better tolerate when they happen, without calling my friends on the phone or my parents at 4 AM, naturally, this sleepy feeling comes again, my eyes close and then it happens again. But, they are just as scarry. Rarely can I sleep again after this happens.

Professional steps I have taken are to neurologists, I got an EEG, another MRI, and it is planned for me to have a sleep study which my mom is not supportive of. I would be a caregiver to go to the hospital with me, which costs extra. I have shared this with many people, and some think they are seizures, sleep apnea, partial sensory seizures...the last one was because I saw visual fireworks twice. But overall, that EEG did not show anything. I also speculated that they might be sleep paralysis episodes, but actually, had one, when I could walk, and I'm convinced that was a sleep paralysis, but now it doesn't feel quite like it.

Through my sleep, I dreamt of myself trying to figure out what is happening, of actually dreaming that I am in the same position that I am when I am sleeping: trying to squeeze my hands, trying to open my eyes, trying to speak, trying to breathe; because most the time I cannot remember breathing. And...now, it is back to normal... getting caught up in a unyielding pain... which eventually wakes me up within seconds.

How do things make their way into the hands of researchers?

Medications I'm taking on Neurontin and baclofen, which are known to cause hallucinations... but I am unsure.

Thank you for having the patience...
    neurontin made me have nightmares
    wendell fears