Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: graduated

Talking graduated

I graduated from two full (metal) leg braces to one today, and in two weeks will receive my AFO's. but will probably only use the one on the left - another graduation! That's a tentative graduation, though - they're trying me in AFO's but will move me to knee coverage if I can't control it. We're hoping that stabilizing the ankle will help with my knee. Wish me luck!

Congrats Colleen! Awesome! I'm happy for you. {hugs}

Best of luck Coleen.
    Please donate a dollar a day at http://justadollarplease.org.
    Copy and paste this message to the bottom of your signature.

Thanks!

good ... every positive advancement is a new line you have crossed go for the next one am rooting for you.
    T6 complete

You're progressing and I wish you all the luck in the world. We need more of this type of news to form a positive outlook for all. I realize that stem cell therapy or some new therapy will be needed for some. The possiblility fo these new treatnments will be coming and mnay will benefit from these. Keep us posted on your progress and keep up the good work.

Goodie! I'll call you when I get an elk down, been wondering what I'd do if I got one

Update - I'm doing ok with the one brace, but my knee won't support me on the left. That leg's dead, so it's no wonder, but I've moved to crutches & if I'm real adventurous (and it's early in the day) a quad cane on the right & regular cane of the left. My little guy tripped me on Friday, so I've got a bad wrist - it's sore but healing. That had me using my scooter this weekend, but I'm back on my feet now. He swears he didn't realize he'd tripped me, but...
    anyway, moving ahead! I'm wearing a heart monitor for the next two weeks, but I'm not letting that stop me. I've got PSVT & Princemetal's & my ol' ticker's been runing fast & forgetting to slow down, so I'm on a long lasting nitro pill, which gives me headaches, but I'll learn to live with it if it stops the heart problems & allows me to walk without having to stop every 25 feet or so. I'm exercising my 'bad' leg right along with my 'good' one, just to keep some strength in it. Hope to graduate to walking farther with only one cane soon!

many of us are in the same shoes as you. Do you follow new recipes for a cure or some recovery? If so, what are you following, and what do you think?

Thank you,
    Tony

just rehab & exercise and a muscle relaxer with 900mg of gabapentin at night.