Page 3 of 26 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Truth

Thanks all. I figured admin probably wouldn't do that if they were suspicious. People just do put a lot of personal info on forums sometimes, and some really want to remain anonymous. Again, thank you

Quote Originally Posted by Brian Brat View Post
    You certainly have spent a lot of time on this.
    To protect this community? You better believe it.
    ...it's worse than we thought. it turns out the people at the white house are not secret muslims, they're nerds.

Quote Originally Posted by Scorpion View Post
    Mark is fake.

There are many other inconsistencies that prove that Andes, MarkPals, Brian Brat et al are fake, not the least of which being there was a MarkPals with ALS in Bozeman, Montana who died from ALS last year, and there's a Mark Sullivan on Facebook with ALS with a profile that is similar to the MarkPals here (similar family info, etc) but with a different birthday and obviously different person in the profile photo. Btw, Andes told us that she and Mark's last name was Sullivan. It's pretty low to use a dead man's name and disability to perpetuate a hoax like this.

Of course, Steven knows all of that, and I don't have the time to post all the red red flags right now; I just post the above for the benefit of other CareCure members who may question this.

I believe there is one person faking as all these other people, and she has been playing this game for almost a decade, if not longer (Jon-Sisyphus on New Mobility and PowerQuad, sisyphus here on CC).
    I kind of thought so, I started to have my suspicions with his abundance of heart-tugging stories. What do we call the people who post about every fucking woe in their life - we get it your life is fucked. I have my suspicions about a few others here and I stay out of their threads.

Quote Originally Posted by wtf View Post
    I have my suspicions about a few others here and I stay out of their threads.
    Alright damnit, I'm actually Tony Romo, pretending to be paralyzed.

I have to run now and get me some sexual napalm (the woman's worse than crack! I tell ya)
    Please donate a dollar a day at http://justadollarplease.org.
    Copy and paste this message to the bottom of your signature.

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by rdf View Post
    Alright damnit, I'm actually Tony Romo, pretending to be paralyzed.

I have to run now and get me some sexual napalm (the woman's worse than crack! I tell ya)
    I thought John Mayer said that but I guess Tony can too lol

*thinking* you're from Montana too - are you mark,siissy, andes hmmmmmm just kidding.

First, I have complete faith that Steven Edwards would never publicly challenge the veracity of a member while a shadow of a doubt exists.

Second, this is sad news.

Third, to the creator of these false identities - whoever you are - you have a serious problem. Please seek professional help, I don't think we here have what can help you get well.
    Foolish

"We have met the enemy and he is us."-POGO.

"I have great faith in fools; self-confidence my friends call it."~Edgar Allan Poe

"Dream big, you might never wake up!"- Snoop Dogg

Münchausen by Internet is a pattern of behavior in which Internet users seek attention by feigning illnesses in online venues such as chat rooms, message boards, and Internet Relay Chat (IRC). It has been described in medical literature as a manifestation of factitious disorder or factitious disorder by proxy. Reports of users who deceive Internet forum participants by portraying themselves as gravely ill or as victims of violence first appeared in the 1990s due to the relative newness of Internet communications. The pattern was identified in 1998 by psychiatrist Marc Feldman, who created the term "Münchausen by Internet" in 2000. It is not included in the Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders: DSM-IV-TR.

. . . Several high-profile cases have demonstrated behavior patterns which are common among those who pose as gravely ill, victims of violence, or whose deaths are announced to online forums. The virtual communities which were created to give support, as well as general non-medical communities, often express genuine sympathy and grief for the purported victims. When fabrications are suspected or confirmed, the ensuing discussion can create schisms in online communities, destroying some and altering the trusting nature of individual members in others.

. . . After studying 21 cases of deception, Feldman listed the following common behavior patterns in people who exhibited Münchausen by Internet:

* Medical literature from websites or textbooks is often duplicated or discussed in great detail.
    * The length and severity of purported physical ailments conflicts with user behavior. Feldman uses the example of someone posting in considerable detail about being in septic shock, when such a possibility is extremely unlikely.* Symptoms of ailments may be exaggerated as they correspond to a user's misunderstanding of the nature of an illness.
    * Grave situations and increasingly critical prognoses are interspersed with "miraculous" recoveries.
    * A user's posts eventually reveal contradictory information or claims that are implausible: for example, other users of a forum may find that a user has been divulging contradictory information about occurrence or length of hospital visits.
    * When attention and sympathy decreases to focus on other members of the group, a user may announce that other dire events have transpired, including the illness or death of a close family member.
    * When faced with insufficient expressions of attention or sympathy, a forum member claims this as a cause that symptoms worsen or do not improve.
    * A user resists contact beyond the Internet, by telephone or personal visit, often claiming bizarre reasons for not being able to accept such contact.
    * Further emergencies are described with inappropriate happiness, designed to garner immediate reactions.
    * Other forum members post on behalf of a user, exhibiting identical writing styles, spelling errors, and language idiosyncrasies, suggesting that the user has created fictitious identities to move the conversation in their direction. (Source)
    I have been a member at Patients like Me for awhile along with another ALS forum. MarkPals posts from 2007/2008 are almost word for word and copied here at CareCure. The same can be said for Ann's posts.

I have bolded what I consider to be a few key red flags above.
    Lastly, someone with Munchausen boldly denies the accusations. "Brian" is doing that for MarkPals and in fact posted when he thought Steven was going to expose him.
    Every day I wake up is a good one

Quote Originally Posted by wtf View Post
    I thought John Mayer said that but I guess Tony can too lol

*thinking* you're from Montana too - are you mark,siissy, andes hmmmmmm just kidding.
    No, I'm not part of that posse Jerry. Steven can put your mind at ease.
    Please donate a dollar a day at http://justadollarplease.org.
    Copy and paste this message to the bottom of your signature.

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by rdf View Post
    No, I'm not part of that posse Jerry. Steven can put your mind at ease.
    I can. rdf's as real as I am.

Quote Originally Posted by Foolish Old View Post
    First, I have complete faith that Steven Edwards would never publicly challenge the veracity of a member while a shadow of a doubt exists.
    Correct. As long as someone's not compromising our community, I'm good.
    ...it's worse than we thought. it turns out the people at the white house are not secret muslims, they're nerds.

Oh wow. I'm glad I didn't invest much into the situation, but it's so f'ed up. I guess I'll just stick to the people I know and have met? Yes, I believe there are a few other fakers presently with us or people that really have no reason to be here. Whatever. Blah.
    Aerodynamically, the bumble bee shouldn't be able to fly, but the bumble bee doesn't know that, so it goes on flying anyways--Mary Kay Ash