Page 23 of 26 FirstFirst ... 1314151617181920212223242526 LastLast

Thread: Truth

Quote Originally Posted by zz View Post
    why all the drama?

looks like many here were just a part of a soap opera, an interactive fiction. so what? aren't many here for entertainment purposes mostly anyway?

you got emotionally involved? again, so what? never happened before? while reading a book, watching a movie, watching something on the tv? never discussed politics? had "energy vampire" friends?

never got or felt duped before? by a book, a movie, a commercial, a politician, something you bought, somebody close?

many here must be living a different life. but i don't envy you.
    I will tell you that I find this post highly offensive, and how dare you judge those of us who got involved. Easy to do when you, apparently, do not allow yourself to do so and consider this site nothing but "entertainment." NO, it is not the same as a book or movie, not even close. It was about human to human interaction, about growing caring, and about personal involvement. You say you do not envy those of us who were duped and had our hearts broken some, but at least we had hearts to break.

Like so many others, I got sucked into the fiction of MarkPALS, too. I even went so far as to write a blog rant blasting "Mark's" imaginary doctor about deciding that treating my friend would be a waste of resources.

I've spent the last day processing this by writing a new blog entry, Butte Munsch.

Excellent work, Chick, Scorpion, and Steven.

Steven, will you be banning the known member names and the perpetrator's IP address? I know that these types will find a way to get back if they want to, but putting that ban in place -- even if it's symbolic at best -- would do wonders for me.
    It is easier to find men who will volunteer to die, than to find those who are willing to endure pain with patience.

~Julius Caesar

holy hijinks batman. do we all send steven a scooby snack or what? this thread reads like a book.

Quote Originally Posted by zz View Post
    why all the drama?

looks like many here were just a part of a soap opera, an interactive fiction. so what? aren't many here for entertainment purposes mostly anyway?

you got emotionally involved? again, so what? never happened before? while reading a book, watching a movie, watching something on the tv? never discussed politics? had "energy vampire" friends?

never got or felt duped before? by a book, a movie, a commercial, a politician, something you bought, somebody close?

many here must be living a different life. but i don't envy you.
    This is a terrible thing for you to say. There are lots of people here who have built meaningful friendships. We care about each other. There are numerous threads of lots of members meeting up and lots of us have talked on the phone. I don't get to do it often anymore because of work but I have many friends here.

The bonds and friendship that I have formed here are irreplaceable.

Some threads do provide entertainment to some however it is laughter, sarcasm, joy, pain and sometimes even a cuss fight or internet brawl shared amongst friends. There are people that I do not care for here but I have to admit....if those same people had a need and I was able to provide for it, I would be and have been in line to offer help. I know of many instances that people have pooled money and resources to help other members here who were having tough times.

SO You must be living a very different life indeed.
    T12-L2; Burst fracture L1: Incomplete walking with AFO's and cane since 1989

My goal in life is to be as good of a person my dog already thinks I am. ~Author Unknown

I almost feel left out since i don't know who any of these fakers were except MarkPal and he never decided to PM me with some bogus story.

I guess i never gave him a reason to for some sympathy.

so is the sullivan family made up in retaliation to a past discovery by care cure of this same offender? made up by this person to repay care cure for banning her for the same kind of scam?

Quote Originally Posted by jody View Post
    so is the sullivan family made up in retaliation to a past discovery by care cure of this same offender? made up by this person to repay care cure for banning her for the same kind of scam?
    Now that would be way too weird!

Quote Originally Posted by jody View Post
    I don't think so. The scammer/faker was outed and banned at PowerQuad. And while the owner of PowerQuad is a member of CC, he's not a regular here. I think it's simply a matter of her moving from one place to another to keep things fresh and look for more attention.

Quote Originally Posted by hodge View Post
    holy hijinks batman. do we all send steven a scooby snack or what? this thread reads like a book.
    you should see the one in mods . . . and cheesecake gets half that scooby snack, along with jenjen and a couple of others.

for "markpals" if you have the nerve to come round . . .

(silence)

I am so sad that someone had to make up so many identities and stories, all to get our attention, sympathy, caring. I also sent PM's to both of them, thinking, praying... My friend in NJ is presently in a coma, in a hospital... real life story of heart-break tearing at me now.. and then I come online at CC and see there was this fake coma story...and heart-break. I find this so repulsive... so very heart-breaking that someone could just take advantage of our emotions so much.

Eileen, you are terrific. I agree with your posts.. Thanks so much for caring enough to
    send cards and show you care. Jody, thank you too, and to all of you who cared..

ZZ, this is not an entertainment site. Quite offensive you took the time to post this to us when you read our own difficulty and heart-break over believing the story and sharing our heart, time and emotions, and being betrayed. If you want to find an entertainment site online, I am sure you can Google and join many boards and sites. ZZ, Do you have a SCI? Are you living the life and sharing your experiences here to help others who live with SCI or caregiver to some who is quadraplegic? If you call this entertainment, clearly you are mixing it up with another message board-

SCI forum at CC brings together people who have SCI and caregivers. As we can see, there are some who come here who don't have either, and some come here for malicious purposes. This is clearly someone who meets both of these criteria.

I have been burned here as well, by MarkPals and all the fake identities. I received PM from "Annie" who claimed she was in Vet school and dropped out to care for family... Telling me in a odd childish manner that Mark will be angry with her for writing a post to defend him online, once he comes back from dialysis. She then told me she had no way to communicate with him at home, has to do so by the internet. It is as if she was saying the only communication with her family members is by CC? Yes, red flags, but we don't want to believe someone would make this up... but it happened

Jody and I uncovered DarkLighter's false identity too.. and his online suicide fake... At the same time he was gaining our sympathies, and posting other people's death poems and photos (claiming as his), he was on the RC website posting in the humor forum, rather inappropriate photos... He was given discipline marks against him, made public on that site for inappropriate humor...

When Darklighter was posting his many posts, and going down the suicide road, I asked for my posts to be removed since I did not want any association. I requested for the thread to be blocked. I was disillusioned by CC's approach, as I had tried to warn them this was someone who was using us, inappropriate, fake. Instead, there were others, a member and a moderator, who said that to let him continue posting pictures and posting death poems, as this is his way to "vent" and is healing...

Then there was someone else whose son reportedly was cured with magnets, with mattress, at AMRI, etc.. and trying to get us to get free treatment in VA, and then I read AMRI was closed and sued by the AG's office for fraud in a couple of states... So again, someone try to play on our sympathies, in this instance, to sell us snake oil..

Regarding the moderators or others who believe someone should stay who otherwise does not seem to fit here because it helps them emotionally... brings the larger picture of concern to me, when thinking of CC. Are we going to use this forum to support people who are on the "edge" of harming themself when we can do nothing about it online, or exploiting us one way or another and just let them vent? Let people make repeated entries to message boards for SCI who do not have SCI or caretaker? This is a message board not a mental health facility. These people need medical help, mental health help, and to harm others like this, by getting ourselves emotionally, financially, "energy" invested (not to consider the time it takes out of our lives)...in someone who is leading a scam...

It is with this, that I also thank you Steven and others for checking this out and getting this person to expose herself, himself.. And to help with the exposing. It hurts to feel that someone who has a job working for an attorney, and able to pay their bills, work, able to wake up in the morning to eat on their own, breath on their own, communicate, and without the heavy heart of being a caretaker of someone with a high level injury... and free to live life... would take advantage of us like this. But, it is not the first time those of us with disabilities have been taken advantage of, and I am sure, not the last.

I know I try to help others along the way, open my heart... I have asked a lot of questions for those who set off my BS detector, and I will continue to do so.. Interesting, for those who I questioned, turned out they seemed to show it in the end to be true... MarkPals had many questionable elements, but I was not following long enough or close enough to see it..

For those who cared and trusted, I can just say you are terrific. Thank you...
    Last edited by med100; 03-26-2010 at 07:01 AM. Reason: clarification