Page 1 of 26 1234567891011 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 255

Thread: Truth

  1. #1
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Big Sky Country
    Posts
    38

    Truth

    I am enclosing an e-mail that I received from my nephew. It is from Steven Edwards.

    Steven Edwards has decided that I am a fraud, and he has threatened to "expose" me. Personally, I dont give a whit what he does to me, but he has involved my nephew, and that is unacceptable to me.

    I joined Care Cure on the urging of Mark because he said the people were wonderful, and the information available was invaluable. He talked about it so much, I decided it would be easier to read the forums myself, than have him try to tell me about them. When I joined, I did not give my real name, and I used an E-mail address with a phony name that I had used AS A JOKE before. I am not going to try to explain the joke to you, because it is one of those 'you had to be there' type of things. I in no way was trying to steal anyone's identity.

    Mr Edwards took information from my posts to investigate my life. I do not appreciate that. I admit that posting while on the clock is not the proper thing to do, but I do so only on breaks and during lunch.

    I was not aware that you have to give your personal information to be a member of Care Cure. I am a private person, and I do not feel I want that information out there. When I found out that someone had gone looking into my private life, it bothered me. Why is that information important to him?

    The only reason I signed up for Care Cure was because of a high recommendation by someone who has come to think of the place as a refuge. I had no ulterior motive when I joined. I did it mostly to be able to share with something that was very much a part of Mark's day.

    I do not appreciate the invasion of privacy, the harassment, or the charges of identity theft. The intimidation pushed on Mark was wrong, and very upsetting for him. Being forced to rat out his uncle by giving out my name put him in a very hard spot. The kid doesn't need that. Having someone asking questions at your place of work is not kosher. I am retiring soon, but no one wants to have trouble made for them at work.

    I have already told Mr. Edwards that I would not be back to Care Cure, but after finding out that he involved Mark, I am posting one last time. If Mark continues to be involved, is up to him, but I do know he is very upset.

    I do want to thank the great people I have met for the encouragement and good thoughts. I never meant to instigate any deception, nor to harm anyone. I do apologize for anyone troubled by my use of a pseudonym.


    Originally Posted by MarkPals
    im pooped...i will talk 2 him im sorry i am the 1 who asked him to join. i really love cc. i dont know what i can do but i will try. do you want me to qiuit?
    I would like the lying to stop. I hope that this situation can be resolved amicably, but it can't without Brian's participation.

    You say Brian's a good guy, yet he masquerades online as a disbarred and possibly deceased attorney. When I ask for an explanation, he decides to disappear. Then you feed me the "he's been threatened before" line as an excuse for his not using a real name, which seriously lacks any appearance of truth because a) attorneys and bankruptcy trustees are a matter of public record and b) those he has supposedly prosecuted would already know his name and where to find him.

    I'm going to have to reveal Brian's deception to everyone here in the near future. When I do so, your credibility will be shot and a lot of our members will be hurt because they are emotionally invested in you. For that reason, I would like the revelation to be as painless as possible, and you should want that to. Cooperating with me is the best way to achieve that.

    Outside of the deception here, Brian's use of a disbarred attorney's name may be partly identity theft. I'm completely willing to overlook that fact if I'm told the truth, as my main concern is this community's integrity.

    I will learn the truth, one way or another. The preferred option is with your cooperation and without involving the Federal Courts, but the choice is entirely up to you.

    Let me know what you choose.

    Steven

  2. #2
    I was working on the announcement, so here's what I have so far:

    ---

    Making these announcements sickens me, but... we've been duped.

    I PM'd Brian Brat last week to inquire about a number of members accessing our site from his work. In part, I wrote:

    Quote Originally Posted by Steven Edwards
    Looking through the logs, I noticed that you and a few others—including some apparent non-family members—frequently access the site from [work site] . . . . I wanted to check with you and help ensure that your system was secure.

    But, I ran into a problem. You said:

    Quote Originally Posted by Brian Brat View Post
    I am an attorney, and work as a Trustee for the Fed. Courts.
    However, no trustee with the surname of Tierney or first name of Brian is listed as a trustee in Montana. Furthermore, the only attorney with the Tierney surname registered with the Montana Bar is a J. Brian Tierney from 1964.

    Would you mind explaining the discrepancies between your stated biography and the facts gathered from the Montana Bar and the US Department of Justice?
    For the record, his email address contains the name Brian Tierney. He replied, in part:

    Quote Originally Posted by Brian Brat
    . . . As for explaining discrepancies , I am sorry you went to so much trouble to prove me a fraud, but it is my decision to not go any farther with you. . . .
    Brian has not logged on since this exchange, so I wrote MarkPals to see if he would help clear things up about his "uncle". We exhanged a few PMs over two days to no avail. The most relevant excerpt:

    Quote Originally Posted by MarkPals
    steven he is an attorney,but if he doesnt want to use his real name is that so awful. he works with people who blame him for taking their houses and cars and he has been threatened before. I dont know whgat he said and he just told us he will no discuss it.
    While seemingly plausible, attorney information is a matter of public record, as are the names of bankruptcy trustees. Sadly, "people who blame him for taking their houses and cars" would know his name and where to find him, so the excuse doesn't hold up to scrutiny.

    The conclusion? Brian isn't who he says he is. Even worse? Brian is masquerading under the name of a former attorney. (Not to mention lying about meeting the President's daughter.)

    With Brian's lying about who he is, looking at those he shares IPs with is a reasonable next step.

    Brian shares IPs with: Andes, Decco-rator, MarkPals, and a user from 2002: sisyphus. Also Jon-sisyphus and a Tammy from 2005. (Briefly, sisyphus and Jon-sisyphus are the same person and were apparently outed as fakes over at SteveGIMP's PowerQuad. In addition to sharing an IP, Brian and sisyphus claim the same injury date: July 4.)
    Last edited by Steven Edwards; 03-24-2010 at 05:17 PM.
    ...it's worse than we thought. it turns out the people at the white house are not secret muslims, they're nerds.

  3. #3
    Additionally: Andes claims to be 25, but her birthday this year (per her registration data) will make her 38.
    ...it's worse than we thought. it turns out the people at the white house are not secret muslims, they're nerds.

  4. #4
    Senior Member wtf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    silver state
    Posts
    3,491
    WoW! Steven could you please explain Mark's role in this too.

  5. #5
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Big Sky Country
    Posts
    38
    (Not to mention lying about meeting the President's daughter.)

    To be fair, if you printed my response, I admitted it was not the same cake...I said it just made the story better.

    The kids use my internet to save them money. To answer your question WTF, Mark and Ann had nothing to do with this perceived deception.

    Edited to add, Ann is 25 . Is there a chance she made a mistake putting the year down? Would you want a copy of her birth certificate too?

  6. #6
    I tried "being fair" in the beginning and hearing you out, but you never gave me a chance to.
    ...it's worse than we thought. it turns out the people at the white house are not secret muslims, they're nerds.

  7. #7
    Senior Member rdf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2001
    Location
    Someplace between Nowhere and Goodbye
    Posts
    12,961
    Any person who would make up a lie like that, to 'make the story better,' is probably a well practiced and prodigious liar. What was that line you used once on here?
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian Brat
    If you are going to be a good liar, you have to have a good memory.
    http://sci.rutgers.edu/forum/showpos...69&postcount=8

    You're good, but not good enough "Annie."
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian Brat View Post
    (Not to mention lying about meeting the President's daughter.)

    To be fair, if you printed my response, I admitted it was not the same cake...I said it just made the story better.

    The kids use my internet to save them money. To answer your question WTF, Mark and Ann had nothing to do with this perceived deception.

    Edited to add, Ann is 25 . Is there a chance she made a mistake putting the year down? Would you want a copy of her birth certificate too?
    Please donate a dollar a day at http://justadollarplease.org.
    Copy and paste this message to the bottom of your signature.

    Thanks!

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by wtf View Post
    WoW! Steven could you please explain Mark's role in this too.
    I hadn't arrived at a definitive conclusion yet, but if Brian wants to put it all out there:

    Mark's registration info here says his birthday is April 8, 1979. His Facebook page says April 1, 1980. (Andes birthday, per her registration info, is April 1.)

    Mark claims on CC to be from Butte, MT. On Facebook, he's from nearby Bozeman, MT. (Obituary for a Bozeman Mark Sullivan.)
    ...it's worse than we thought. it turns out the people at the white house are not secret muslims, they're nerds.

  9. #9
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Big Sky Country
    Posts
    38
    You know, RDF, that was a rather light hearted post, and I was trying to be funny. In no way did I consider that a lie , but an exaggeration, you bet. I immediately came clean about it when I posted the article from the paper. I have never said anything to hurt anyone or cause problems. Good lord.

  10. #10
    Senior Member Scorpion's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2001
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Posts
    5,896
    Quote Originally Posted by wtf View Post
    WoW! Steven could you please explain Mark's role in this too.
    Mark is fake.

    There are many other inconsistencies that prove that Andes, MarkPals, Brian Brat et al are fake, not the least of which being there was a Mark Sullivan with ALS in Bozeman, Montana who died from ALS last year, and there's a Mark Sullivan on Facebook with ALS with a profile that is similar to the MarkPals here (similar family info, etc) but with a different birthday and obviously different person in the profile photo. Btw, Andes told us that she and Mark's last name was Sullivan. It's pretty low to use a dead man's name and disability to perpetuate a hoax like this.

    Of course, Steven knows all of that, and I don't have the time to post all the red red flags right now; I just post the above for the benefit of other CareCure members who may question this.

    I believe there is one person faking as all these other people, and she has been playing this game for almost a decade, if not longer (Jon-Sisyphus on New Mobility and PowerQuad, sisyphus here on CC).
    Last edited by Scorpion; 03-24-2010 at 06:28 PM. Reason: Typo

Similar Threads

  1. Getting the truth out
    By MrSoul in forum Ability & Disability News
    Replies: 19
    Last Post: 01-18-2006, 01:20 AM
  2. The truth
    By QuadPro in forum Cure
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 03-29-2005, 07:37 PM

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •