Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Video to computer/internet, actually this site~

Video to computer/internet, actually this site~

So, I spoiled myself and bought a minicamcorder that will allow me to take pictures too. But I haven't figured that out yet just how to tape things...
    What I am needing though is some advice as to how I actually get a segment of tape onto the computer so y'all can see the kid working out on the Scitrainer1 and I need to dare to do it soon as promised~~~
    There are quite a few warnings of in doing so with this. I have downloaded the Network Software and ready to try hooking it up but...
    any advice from someone who has done as such cause I'm nervous as heck but need to do it!

Teesieme,

I would assume that it could be transferred via Firewire or USB, but without knowing the make and model of the camcorder, I can't give better help. Would you be able to help me out with that info?

Thanks,

-Steven
    ...what a wonderful world, this could be

TY for trying to help so quickly Steve! Yes, I have a usb cable, it is a Canon ZR 85, using XP.

Thanks for the reply. PN alerted me to this question, which is why I was able to respond, so the thanks should go to him.

The manual says that you have to transfer video via a Firewire port. Did you receive any video editing software with the camcorder?

-Steven
    ...what a wonderful world, this could be

you need...

firewire card
    firewire cable
    pinnacle studio software.

Put in new firewire card.
    Install software.
    Run program.
    connect cam to pc via firewire cable.

Pinnacle will recognize and control your camera through the software. You can start dumping it to you pc.

Cheerleaders piss me off.

http://www.adamsmith.name

Appreciate the notice of the question! But... I can see already I am not going to be a good student in the teaching of~ firewire port??? Heh. Hmmm, may have some pinnacle something downloaded on here, let me look.
    Yep, there is something with that on computer~

This is what came w/ camcorder: the solution disc., dv network software book and digital video software book. I downloaded the disc. but when in on the solution disc it says I am not connected properly to continue, disconnected printer, etc. in doing so...hmmm.

Edit: After a few hours of messing with this, installing/uninstalling I have realize I can't do the DV network because camera doesn't have "network" and I don't have the other cable/connector to do so... ah, what can I say, takes me awhile~

But I realized now after reading some more that maybe I CAN take what I have recorded already (as a test run) and put it on the memory cared AS a movie! Tah Dah. Got and understand that one now, hee hee. I thought the memory card would just record in a "still" picture sense!

Okay, then I realized that since I can't have do the DV Network thing, I can pick the choice of...photostitch, RAW, remote capture and zoombrowser, right?

Now, I am going to attempt figuring which one I just might be able to use...hmmm. Anyone checked in yet today, cause here I go!

TY for the help so far!

Solar~why do cheerleaders piss you off?

[This message was edited by teesieme on 05-01-05 at 03:07 PM.]

[This message was edited by teesieme on 05-01-05 at 04:48 PM.]

Okay, got the thing working on media player, it is a test run of one of our dogs though~ how do I go about getting it here to see if it works? It worked on an email to myself.

You'll have to upload the file to a server on the internet and then provide a link to it so people can download it. If its not over a few mb, you can email it to me so i can put it on the web for you and provide you a link. adam@evolimports.com

Cheerleaders piss me off, just because, but today they don't. lol.

http://www.adamsmith.name

This place will host pictures and videos for free:

http://www.putfile.com/

There's a 10MB limit for videos.

_____
    Learn from the mistakes of others, you won't live long enough to make all of them yourself.