Thread: Numbness creeping up my left side

Numbness creeping up my left side

I woke up this morning and immediately noticed that my left side seemed "number" than usual. My injuries are at t7 and t10. It used to be the case that my sense of touch line was just above the bottom of my ribcage, now it seems to be just below my nipple. Only on the left, my right side is unchanged.

I also have the strange sensation that my left leg has gone numb, even though I can't really feel it in the first place.

The only thing that's changed for me lately is that I switched from coumadin to asprin in response to a DVT I had about a year ago.

I'm already supposed to get an MRI later this week or the next to check for problems, including the possibility I might have a syrinx. Should I push to have this moved up as soon as possible?

I'd sure call the doctor right away anyhow. Sorry you're having this trouble.

The side that is more numb (I had written number .... was too confusing) ... Is that the side with the H.O.?
    T7-8 since Feb 2005

Quote Originally Posted by sjean423 View Post
    The side that is more numb (I had written number .... was too confusing) ... Is that the side with the H.O.?
    It is the same side. I'm not sure if the two are related.

The numbness is not as noticeable now. I did call my sci doc's assistant to see if I should go to the ER or something, but she said as long as it's not affecting my ability to transfer, etc. that I can wait for the MRI to be scheduled normally. I really hope it's not a syrinx but at the same time I want an explanation for all the stuff I've been experiencing lately.

Are you suffering any anxiety Lazlo? Numbness on that side can be associated with anxiety, or so I've read on the web.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lazlo View Post
    It is the same side. I'm not sure if the two are related.

The numbness is not as noticeable now. I did call my sci doc's assistant to see if I should go to the ER or something, but she said as long as it's not affecting my ability to transfer, etc. that I can wait for the MRI to be scheduled normally. I really hope it's not a syrinx but at the same time I want an explanation for all the stuff I've been experiencing lately.
    Please donate a dollar a day at http://justadollarplease.org.
    Copy and paste this message to the bottom of your signature.

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by rdf View Post
    Are you suffering any anxiety Lazlo? Numbness on that side can be associated with anxiety, or so I've read on the web.
    No more so than usual, though that's not saying much! More than anything I'm anxious to get this MRI done so we can figure out exactly what's going on in there. I still haven't heard back when it will be but it should be in the next two weeks. I guess I'll sit tight until then but keep a close eye on things.

Well the MRI is scheduled for Monday. Looking forward to getting some answers, not looking forward to bad news.