Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: fyi: Münchausen by Internet

Quote Originally Posted by jody View Post
    I remember you mentioning that betheny.
    our most recent was that dude who pretended to be his girlfriend telling us he overdosed, and died and then thought we would forgive him. or better, not figure it out. I think his ccc name was knight rider. or knight something. some one had also asked for an obituary, and several of us began to private messege each other to compare notes on our googleing his screen names and ip address. for much of that thread we had expected something smelled fishy. remember balloon boy?
    Knightrider is not the guy - this is why we need to be careful if things like this happen.

I know KR in person. He rarely posts because he's too busy with his real and hot girlfriend.
    C5/6 incomplete

"I assume you all have guns and crack....."

Quote Originally Posted by Suzie Q View Post
    Their is a cure for that Todd. Its called "One night with Suzie"...lol Take as directed.
    I'm lousy with the GAY and trying so hard for the cure

Talking

Your needing a cure? Well come on down...I can pencil you in around 3pm. LOL

Wow, seems we have a regaylur epidemic on our hands here. LOL
    “If everybody's thinking alike, somebody isn't thinking.” Gen. Patton

Quote Originally Posted by Suzie Q View Post
    Their is a cure for that Todd. Its called "One night with Suzie"...lol Take as directed.
    LMAO!

Quote Originally Posted by darkeyed_daisy View Post
    Pat Robertson has a spacial sladge hammer for the small sum of $100
    Yes, it's called a penis (a closeted joke).

Quote Originally Posted by brocko View Post
    I'm lousy with the GAY and trying so hard for the cure
    As if! If you were gay, I would have been Down Under years ago to see those blue eyes in person. Yes, ladies, he has the most beautiful blue eyes. I sometimes call Brock blue eyes as a nickname.

Bringing this back to Munchausen, I wonder how many sufferers join "be cured of the dreaded gay!" forums for support?

Bringing this back to our community, it usually sucks when it happens.
    ...it's worse than we thought. it turns out the people at the white house are not secret muslims, they're nerds.

Interestingly (at least to me) a facebook friend has been posting excerpts from a book she currently reading for work. I thought this one was germane to Steven's original post....

"People who do hideous things do not look like people who do hideous things. There is no 'face of evil.' In the real world, the bad guys do not look the way they are supposed to. They do not resemble werewolves or Hannibal Lechter or Tony Perkins staring at a corpse in a rocking chair. On the contrary, they look like us." - The Sociopath Next Door.

I thought Munchausen by Proxy was when they used their children, and what you described was Hypochondriac. Or is it all one in the same?

Stay safe my son. See you around thanksgiving!

Quote Originally Posted by Robynbird569 View Post
    I thought Munchausen by Proxy was when they used their children, and what you described was Hypochondriac. Or is it all one in the same?
    They are not the same.

Münchausen syndrome
    is a term for psychiatric disorders known as Factitious Disorders wherein those affected feign disease, illness, or psychological trauma in order to draw attention or sympathy to themselves.

Münchausen Syndrome by Proxy (MSbP), is the Factitious Disorder by Proxy, is a disorder in which a person deliberately causes injury or illness to another person (most often his or her child), usually to gain attention or some other benefit. The perpetrator can be a parent, spouse, or other caregiver, with the victims being anyone under their care.

Hypochondriasis (or hypochondria, often referred to as health phobia or health anxiety) refers to an excessive preoccupation or worry about having a serious illness. Often, hypochondria persists even after a physician has evaluated a person and reassured them that their concerns about symptoms do not have an underlying medical basis or, if there is a medical illness, the concerns are far in excess of what is appropriate for the level of disease.