Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: fyi: Münchausen by Internet

Quote Originally Posted by betheny View Post
    And I have no doubt that Munchausen-by-proxy exists online, hopefully it's fake and the posters aren't injuring their obsessions!
    This is a scary thought, but it makes sense that someone with Munchausen-by-proxy may be inclined to extend their actions to the internet as a way to feed their disorder. It's scary to think that someone identifying themselves as a concerned caregiver might actually be an abuser who is causing harm to his or her SO in the real world.

Steven, thanks for posting this info. It's disturbing, but fascinating as well.
    "The truth will set you free. But first, it will piss you off." -Gloria Steinem

Quote Originally Posted by JenJen View Post
    From the same source as Steven cites above.... (bold emphasis mine). I suspect if we were to find an IRL example on this site the following will be true.
    That's an important emphasis, JenJen.

There is actually someone who lives in my building (very big building) who nearly everytime she see me says something akin to "I should have one of those" as she looks at the power chair. She has NO disability.......and she isn't saying it in that annoying but meant to be playful way. I think she really covets my chair, which is creepy as hell. Someday I just want to tell her how very much fun it has been to have my backside glued to a chair since the age of 17..........but I probably won't, and will just continue gritting my teeth.

Quote Originally Posted by Eileen View Post
    There is actually someone who lives in my building (very big building) who nearly everytime she see me says something akin to "I should have one of those" as she looks at the power chair. She has NO disability.......and she isn't saying it in that annoying but meant to be playful way. I think she really covets my chair, which is creepy as hell. Someday I just want to tell her how very much fun it has been to have my backside glued to a chair since the age of 17..........but I probably won't, and will just continue gritting my teeth.
    I've developed a standard comeback for people who say this to me: "I'll trade you the chair for your spine!" It shuts them up or prompts them to apologize every time!
    "The truth will set you free. But first, it will piss you off." -Gloria Steinem

Gang, I've just been diagnosed with a terrible illness--I'm afflicted with the GAY!!

Todd, fret not, my son. Teh Ghey is curable. I saw it on the 700 Club!

I remember you mentioning that betheny.
    our most recent was that dude who pretended to be his girlfriend telling us he overdosed, and died and then thought we would forgive him. or better, not figure it out. I think his ccc name was knight rider. or knight something. some one had also asked for an obituary, and several of us began to private messege each other to compare notes on our googleing his screen names and ip address. for much of that thread we had expected something smelled fishy. remember balloon boy?

Knightrider is legit and a good guy to boot. HAWT too but I digress. I think you're thinking of Darklighter.

Quote Originally Posted by jody View Post
    I remember you mentioning that betheny.
    our most recent was that dude who pretended to be his girlfriend telling us he overdosed, and died and then thought we would forgive him. or better, not figure it out. I think his ccc name was knight rider. or knight something. some one had also asked for an obituary, and several of us began to private messege each other to compare notes on our googleing his screen names and ip address. for much of that thread we had expected something smelled fishy. remember balloon boy?

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by Le Type Français View Post
    Gang, I've just been diagnosed with a terrible illness--I'm afflicted with the GAY!!

Their is a cure for that Todd. Its called "One night with Suzie"...lol Take as directed.
    “If everybody's thinking alike, somebody isn't thinking.” Gen. Patton

Quote Originally Posted by betheny View Post
    Todd, fret not, my son. Teh Ghey is curable. I saw it on the 700 Club!
    Pat Robertson has a spacial sladge hammer for the small sum of $100
    T12-L2; Burst fracture L1: Incomplete walking with AFO's and cane since 1989

My goal in life is to be as good of a person my dog already thinks I am. ~Author Unknown