Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: San Francisco’s Answer to Westboro Baptist Church

Quote Originally Posted by Foolish Old View Post
    Back in January of 2006, protesters from Westboro Baptist Church came to Upshur County, WV with the intention of exploiting the funeral services for victims of the Sago Mine Disaster. This is a small, very tight-knit mountain community were most resident families were close kin to at least one of the dead miners. There's one twisty road up the mountain, the same road goes down. It's a long way to anywhere from there and strangers are rarely seen, although the disaster brought media from far and wide.

For some reason, Wesboro Baptist Church members changed their minds about that protest. They were last seen speeding down that mountain road.

I like the funny signs, but nobody in Upshur County was in a comic mood in January of 2006.
    Dead victims of mining, too? Their hatred is more like that of demons than that of God.

Quote Originally Posted by CurlieQCarrie View Post
    (Disclaimer: We are NOT ALL bat-shit crazy in Kansas. Just a select few)
    Oh, we know. It's basically one family with a few outside recruits looking to belong to something. Some in the family have even defected from their circle.

When Westboro came to Richmond VA individuls had pledged to make donations to the organizations they were attacking. So for every Westboro protestor the organization received monetary donations. I thought it was brilliant!

I was playing around on the computer the other day. Out of curiosity I went to their blog and I totally regret it. Reading the stuff on it just made my stomach sick. They were thanking god for dead children. There are no words to describe these people. I know there is hatred out in the world, which is sad to begin with, but their hatred takes it to a whole new level.

Stay safe my son. See you around thanksgiving!

Quote Originally Posted by Le Type Français View Post
    Dead victims of mining, too? Their hatred is more like that of demons than that of God.
    I want to be clear that no violence was used against the Westboro ghouls. What kept the "protesters" away from the funeral was that a large number of the people of the area held hands to form a barricade at a distance from the church. The locals kept their backs turned to the sickos, depriving them of confrontation while they protected the family services. Even the media had the grace to ignore the attention seekers.
    Foolish

"We have met the enemy and he is us."-POGO.

"I have great faith in fools; self-confidence my friends call it."~Edgar Allan Poe

"Dream big, you might never wake up!"- Snoop Dogg

South Side of the Potomac ..... IN A VAN DOWN BY THE RIVER

I just had a flash back from the 1980's

It is unfortunate there are people like Wesboro Baptist Church that do the things they do.

Quote Originally Posted by ColonusFan View Post
    Amazing song and such a cute guy with an incredibly sexy voice. He is still quite handsome; he's only 44.