Thread: The Cove!

The Cove!

http://www.thecovemovie.com/WatchTheTrailer.htm

Has anyone see this yet ? I think I need to see it soon ! Thoughts??

Obieone
    ~ Be the change you wish to see in the world ~ Mahatma Gandi

" calling all Angels ...... calling all Angels ....walk me through this one .. don't leave me alone .... calling all Angels .... calling all Angels .... we're tryin' and we're hopin' cause we're not sure how ....... this .... goes ..."
    Jane Siberry

I feed our kitty's tuna every single day ..... maybe I should stop I'm kind of worried about their mercury levels now ....man oh man ..... what would I feed them ??

http://www.opsociety.org/the-cove.htm - for more info !!

Obie
    ~ Be the change you wish to see in the world ~ Mahatma Gandi

" calling all Angels ...... calling all Angels ....walk me through this one .. don't leave me alone .... calling all Angels .... calling all Angels .... we're tryin' and we're hopin' cause we're not sure how ....... this .... goes ..."
    Jane Siberry

Bought this one a few weeks ago on the iTunes store. Very educational (although a bit long on getting to the point). I have absolutely no desire to swim with Dolphins or to see aquatic mammals in captivity now (never really did but now I'll make it a point to avoid it).

I've seen it. Actually I need to send it back to netflix! V. good but hard to watch.

I agree. I saw this last fall when it first came out, and found the indictment of the whole captive dolphin industry (SeaWorld, swim-with-dolphin programs, etc.) to be very clear and serious. I posted about it at the time on our Recent Films thread here.

I no longer support attending and support these programs with my $$ (or anyone else's either). I cried during this film...and I hope that its getting the Oscar for Best Documentary will get more people to watch this film.

(KLD)