Thread: Personal-care agency availability

Personal-care agency availability

I have a spinal cord injury since 1993. I just got back from a networking meeting with my attendant care agency and realized they may be overlooked by some people. I live in Pennsylvania and receive attendant care services from United Cerebral Palsy. The name is deceiving since only less than 10% of their population has cerebral palsy. They provide care to various 'situations'. If this little bit of FYI only helps one person that's great.

Quote Originally Posted by tinern View Post
    I have a spinal cord injury since 1993. I just got back from a networking meeting with my attendant care agency and realized they may be overlooked by some people. I live in Pennsylvania and receive attendant care services from United Cerebral Palsy. The name is deceiving since only less than 10% of their population has cerebral palsy. They provide care to various 'situations'. If this little bit of FYI only helps one person that's great.
    Do you have any more information on this. I have a guy stayine with us that has CP and is in desperate need of help and services.

As I mentioned in my post, I live in Pennsylvania. If your situation is similar, let me know your area and I could hopefully provide you with a contact number.

Quote Originally Posted by tinern View Post
    As I mentioned in my post, I live in Pennsylvania. If your situation is similar, let me know your area and I could hopefully provide you with a contact number.
    I am in the Tri-Cities area of Eastern Tennessee. Thanks for any information.

Is this firm also located in Connecticut? I am in northern Connecticut right next to the Massachusetts border. Hartford County. There are very few firms in my area that are taking on new cases. I am an SCI C1,C2 Tetraplegic. I may have some range, but still can't do anything by myself. I am in need of 24/7 care. I hope this firm is located where I am. There are very few choices up here. Thanks for your info.

As I mentioned I know this is available in Pennsylvania. In other states the only thing I can say is to contact possibly a social service agency. Good luck