Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Whats the best phone for a quad

Whats the best phone for a quad

Hi have been looking at phones but dont know whats the best to go for,please advise.Prefeably touchscreen

Iphone is the best

Apple i phone 3gs? what do you think about n97 nokia

I have not seen the n97s but the Iphone 3gs is all touch activate with one button at the bottom to close out programs. It works great for anyone.

i totally agree. the touch sensitivity/accuracy is the best i've experienced on a phone.

is it easy to download music,and what site do u use

iPhone here too. I have the 3GS model and love it. Go to a Mac store (as opposed to a tele store) because they are really good about taking time with you, letting you see if the phone will work with your ability, and the guys who helped me even set up my email and other things for me (date, calendar, and so on) so that I didn't have to.

my iPhone gave me my life back. I originally got it in August of 2008.. as an auto mechanic I often wondered how long it would take me to break it. They are tough as nails, I used it for a year in and out of the pocket of my coveralls and the screen did not even scratch. One time I dropped it face down from over 6 feet, I thought to myself "well that's garbage", it was fine.
    When I got injured (C7/T1 incomplete) I did not have a charger, and my friends that had it were clueless when it comes to technology. Finally my one good friend got ahold of it and bought me a charger. The moment I got it back with all my music on it was the happiest time of intensive care. I had been without it for 10 days and my hands were VERY weak. Also my voice was VERY quiet. I immediately started texting all my friends and family. Looooooooong texts, using my good left hand. Within days my dexterity had increased dramatically. I got out of ICU and spent another 2 weeks in acute care prior to rehab.. in this time I would just use the screen as practice for my finger/hand function. My doctors and nurses could not believe the progress I made in this time. I used it for everything- music, alarm clock, note taker, camera, everything. It has not left my lap since sept.1 of 2009. I recommend text messaging to all the fresh quads I meet, I'm living proof. I do all the hand exercises my occupational therapist laid out for me, but what's helped me the most is my iPhone.. I now type over 25 words per minute. My doctor told me I should get dragon or some other voice-recognition software but I refused, texting/typing has increased my dexterity dramatically. I'm not saying it's the best touchscreen, but it sure is helpful.
    The consultant for the paraplegic association says it best - "it's like having a sore dick, you just can't beat it."

I agree with everyone! The Iphone is the best for a quad! I played with my sisters Droid and it blows compared to my Iphone
    Inc C4 since Oct 07

"Fate rarely calls upon us at a moment of our choosing" - Optimus Prime

Same here, iPhone 3GS with a grippy silicone case.
    Pharmacist, C4-5 injury but functional C6 (no triceps/flexors)