Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 77

Thread: Public Bathrooms

  1. #11
    Moderator jody's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    east o the southern warren
    Posts
    8,530
    your work place needs to enforce, and remind folks that the big stall is for wheelies. a visible sign should be placed to remind people of the hc stall's pourpose. go to your superviser.

  2. #12
    my favorite is when its some fat fuck in there.
    Bike-on.com rep
    John@bike-on.com
    c4/5 inc funtioning c6. 28 yrs post.
    sponsored handcycle racer

  3. #13
    In your workplace, you should place a sign or notice on the stall door to "please reserve for persons using a wheelchair" or "reserved for persons using a wheelchair", and also have a memo sent out to your co-workers on your floor about the use (or abuse) of bathroom stalls, making particular note of having 'employees' who are disabled or use a wheelchair (not specifically identifying your by name) being limited to only 1 accessible stall on the entire floor, so that it's very important to leave that available for wheelchair users, especially when other non-accessible stalls are unoccupied and available for use. *if you want the accessible stall ONLY for w/c users, the you may need to have management make this clear to everyone, with the notice on the stall itself indicating "reserved ONLY for wheelchair users" etc.*

    Also, given that you notice the same person(s) using the handicapped stalls, I think you should knock on the door and stay there until they come out so they can see you've been waiting. It can be even more embarrassing for them to come out to you waiting, with open empty stalls going unused. You can even talk to the person(s) directly about this, rather than ignoring it by leaving (that is, unless you really gotta "go" ).

  4. #14
    Moderator jody's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    east o the southern warren
    Posts
    8,530
    "add a picture of you looking pissed off and one eyebrow raised"
    good idea!

  5. #15

    Bath room stalls

    WolfeMan, I know what you mean!

    Almost every year one of the architects will grab me and ask, “Do I want to check out the new ADA modifications to the buildings?” We have some old buildings that every year funds are set aside to get them modified. I go with the architect and a tape measure and we check out the modifications to see if they were done to code and specifications.

    Sometimes the architects will ask me for input on a new rehab set of drawings for next year’s buildings. I brought up the issue of other ambulatory employees using the wheelchair stall to lay the newspaper on the floor to read the sports page because there is more space on the floor. I’d grabbed the door handle and shake it a couple of times and the person inside would get the hint. Sometimes I’d wait outside the stall waiting for them to get out to see who was abusing it.

    So the architect came up with this sign to be mounted on the inside stall wall. It works effectively.


    Ti

  6. #16
    Quote Originally Posted by fuentejps View Post
    my favorite is when its some fat fuck in there.
    It's ALWAYS some fat fuck... especially at the airport - drives me nuts.


    I am SO glad this thread was started. I'm not saying that if the 10 other stalls are occupied, the fat fuck shouldn't/can't use the handicap stall - he doesn't know I'm coming in... but it kills me to watch people race for it...

    ok done ranting

    *************************************************************
    *** c4/c5 incomplete *** Injured in Summer 2003 ***
    *************************************************************

  7. #17

    A funny but true story.

    I had the opportunity to go to Disney World several years ago. Before you enter the park there are restrooms you can use. So I go into the mens room and there is one long row of toilet stalls, about 70 stalls.

    You know where the wheelchair stall is? Not the first one but the very last one! There is only one wheelchair stall too! I see a man standing at the end so I roll down to the end, I grab the large stall door handle and it’s locked! A little boy is using the toilet!

    Ok, it’s Disney World. I’ll be patient and let the little boy use the big stall meanwhile the guy at the end is his father. His father is saying, “Johnny! Another person wants to use the stall. Hurry!”

    I’m waiting and waiting and waiting. Meanwhile Johnny’s father has said about six times that someone needs to use the stall, hurry!

    Little Johnny says, “Dad I’m not done yet!”

    About five minutes has passed and I’m getting a little “off edge.” I was ready to say, “Johnny? You don’t get off that toilet I’m going to have to toilet monster crawl out from the bottom of the toilet and bite YOU!” But little Johnny was done. He flushed, opened the door and saw me and said, “Oh?”


    Ti

  8. #18
    Senior Member NW-Will's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Vancouver WA USA - - Male T4 ASIA B incomplete
    Posts
    1,771
    So I'm just curious...
    Handicapped toilet stalls are made larger to accommodate a wheel chair,
    but how many people in wheel chairs transfer to the toilet in a public
    rest room?

    It seems to me that a handicapped/wheelchair accessible toilet doesn't
    even need a toilet, just somewhere to empty into and flush!

  9. #19
    Quote Originally Posted by NW-Will View Post
    It seems to me that a handicapped/wheelchair accessible toilet doesn't
    even need a toilet, just somewhere to empty into and flush!
    I don't sit on the toilet, but I still use it & cath directly into it.
    Life is like a box of chocolates, you never know what you're gonna get.

  10. #20
    Senior Member WheelieMike's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Southern Indiana
    Posts
    1,454
    Quote Originally Posted by titanium4motion View Post
    I had the opportunity to go to Disney World several years ago. Before you enter the park there are restrooms you can use. So I go into the mens room and there is one long row of toilet stalls, about 70 stalls.

    You know where the wheelchair stall is? Not the first one but the very last one! There is only one wheelchair stall too! I see a man standing at the end so I roll down to the end, I grab the large stall door handle and it’s locked! A little boy is using the toilet!

    Ok, it’s Disney World. I’ll be patient and let the little boy use the big stall meanwhile the guy at the end is his father. His father is saying, “Johnny! Another person wants to use the stall. Hurry!”

    I’m waiting and waiting and waiting. Meanwhile Johnny’s father has said about six times that someone needs to use the stall, hurry!

    Little Johnny says, “Dad I’m not done yet!”

    About five minutes has passed and I’m getting a little “off edge.” I was ready to say, “Johnny? You don’t get off that toilet I’m going to have to toilet monster crawl out from the bottom of the toilet and bite YOU!” But little Johnny was done. He flushed, opened the door and saw me and said, “Oh?”


    Ti
    I would piss my pants from laughing so hard if someone would do that. Then I would thank them for both the wet pants and the balls for saying it.
    Stupidity ain't illegal, but it sure is inconvenient.


    Help me support the 2010 Bike MS.

Similar Threads

  1. Accessible bathrooms
    By landrover in forum Life
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 11-17-2007, 11:27 AM
  2. Accesiblity with Public Bathrooms
    By jadedcowgirl in forum Life
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 07-14-2006, 02:53 PM
  3. kitchens and bathrooms
    By tegdirb in forum Housing and Home Design
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 03-14-2005, 07:11 PM
  4. Replies: 20
    Last Post: 09-23-2004, 05:59 PM
  5. Bathrooms
    By floyd in forum Life
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 09-07-2001, 04:37 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •