Page 1 of 8 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Public Bathrooms

Public Bathrooms

This is my pet peeve.......we have a bathroom at work with 4 stalls, 1 is wheelchair accessible. 9 times out of 10, 3 of the stalls are empty but the accessible one is occupied by an able bodied person. Most of the times, I go to another floor to find another accessible stall. But there have been times I've gone to 3 floors (6 total in the building) and the only stall that is occupied is the accessible one. This really really really pisses me off especially on the floor I work on, because these idiots KNOW someone here needs to use that stall and it is the only one I can use unless I get on the elevator and travel from floor to floor to find an un occupied stall. The biggest problem is, it's the same damn men that do this. I've asked if they're gonna be much longer cause I can't get into THE EMPTY stall next to you. I had one guy literally jump up and run to the next stall holding his pants up and apologizing along the way. But there's other times, when I'm having a bad day, I'll just turn the light switch off and leave the bathroom. But I don't want to be a dick, but to me it's like someone parking in a handicapped spot that doesn't need it. So if they're going to inconvenience me, why shouldn't I do the same to them.......by turning the lights off and making them sit in the dark??

Am I wrong to think I deserve first dibs on these stalls as well as other public accessible ones when other stalls are available? How do you handle this when it occurs?
    Larry
    ------
    Visit - The Wolfe Pit Channel

No, you're completely right. However, to play devils advocate, how do you know, when the offender went in the HC stall, the others were open. With that being said, piss on the floor where they have to walk thru it to get out.
    Stupidity ain't illegal, but it sure is inconvenient.

Help me support the 2010 Bike MS.

Quote Originally Posted by WheelieMike View Post
    No, you're completely right. However, to play devils advocate, how do you know, when the offender went in the HC stall, the others were open. With that being said, piss on the floor where they have to walk thru it to get out.

Good point.......but it still pisses me off!!
    Larry
    ------
    Visit - The Wolfe Pit Channel

Quote Originally Posted by WolfeMan View Post
    Good point.......but it still pisses me off!!
    I agree 100%. I just tell myself that so I don't go off and insult the offender, his mother and everyone that he knows. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't.
    Stupidity ain't illegal, but it sure is inconvenient.

Help me support the 2010 Bike MS.

HC Stall

Have you talked to management about he situation? I know it puts an unnecessary spotlight on you to do this. Perhaps an all employee memo that discusses other issues including the use of the HC stall would work.
    You C.A.N.
    Conquer Adversity Now

Perhaps leave a polite message taped to the inside of the HC stall?
    Something like:

"Genuinely friendly request from Mark in Finance (the guy in the chair). If you have a choice of stalls, please leave this one free for me to use since I cannot use the others.
    Obviously, if the other 3 are being used then help yourself to this one.
    Big thanks for your consideration,

Mark"

At least that's what I'd do.....wouldn't hurt.

Interesting, now when I asked about this issue on the forum, I was told not to use the handicapped stall - ever - even if the others were all occupied. That someone ab should wait until a regular stall was open, and never use the handicapped one.

Exception being a movie theatre or something with a line, since someone else would anway.

Guy/gal difference?

Or......post a sign in the HC with this message:

THE HANDICAPPED STALL....

...not just for GAY SEX gentlemen....

[add a picture of you in your chair looking slightly pissed off, one eye-brow raised]

Quote Originally Posted by MarkB701 View Post
    Or......post a sign in the HC with this message:

THE HANDICAPPED STALL....

...not just for GAY SEX gentlemen....

[add a picture of you in your chair looking slightly pissed off, one eye-brow raised]
    That should git 'er done!
    You C.A.N.
    Conquer Adversity Now

You're right to be upset. I got so annoyed when the HC shower was taken by kiddos at the gym while I was sitting there soaking wet from swimming waiting for them to stop playing around in there. Needless to say, the kids got a a very loud lecture from me while they were playing around (they were not taking a shower, just goofing off). They just couldn't go into the other 5 shower stalls - it had to be the only HC stall. As for restrooms, who ever is in the HC stall usually apologizes as they walk past me. Being loud and abusive (only to the point of embarassing the offender) usually works for me.

Good luck.