Thread: Public Bathrooms

where for what?

Quote Originally Posted by NW-Will View Post
    So I'm just curious...
    Handicapped toilet stalls are made larger to accommodate a wheel chair,
    but how many people in wheel chairs transfer to the toilet in a public
    rest room?

It seems to me that a handicapped/wheelchair accessible toilet doesn't
    even need a toilet, just somewhere to empty into and flush!
    Mostly I use public toilets to empty my piss bag and the easiest place is usually one of the pissers. A lot of the newer ones have one low pisser (for kids I'd imagine) so that will do. I'm just opening the waist of my pants and fishing out the tube on my gizz to dangle in the pisser. If I feel the need for privacy/have something else/more to take care of I'll look for an availible gimp stall - and about half the time find it occupied.
    "The world will not perish for want of wonders but for want of wonder."
    J.B.S.Haldane

AB people in HC Stalls bug the snot out of me
    It happens all the time at my fav superstore and I just got fed up waiting so now I park my Wheelchair dead middle of aisle trying to block the handicapped stall and My wheelchair blocks up most of the super narrow aisle lol and I hobble into a stall
    Do my bodily functions , sadly one time I really needed to go and a ablebodied lady was in the HC stall I couldnt hold it in anymore and you know lol so I placed the smelly soiled undergarment by the floor near the next stall which was the Handicapped stall as I changed lmao and a healthy lady apologized gagging as she was quickly leaving Rofl I managed to place it just by the divider until I got all cleaned up and had to change .Then it was in the trash but she got a whiff of why a handicapped stall is Just That !

Shit happens !!!! Nature calls and I gotta go gotta go gotta go gotta go

I got so fed up with able bodied people using the handicapped wheelchair acessable stall .

Sometimes a smell is enough to change a persons perspective .

lol

Wow
    Lost lmao
    Gypsy

My husband complains about the same thing. I think it is inconsiderate. However I always tell him that I think some people do not realize what they are doing. I think that there should be sighns on the doors stating that if there are other stalls open to use them first, but I dont think everyone would read it.

Good luck

Quote Originally Posted by Scorpion View Post
    And charming. Don't forget charming.
    Well, you're not bad looking, but I don't know about charming.

C.

Quote Originally Posted by Katja View Post
    I guess I'm conflicted about this. How would I feel if I were using the restroom, and somebody was outside jiggling the handle and saying, "How long are you going to be?" What if the person who is using the stall is a disabled person who needs more time and more stability? Not everyone who uses the wide stall is abusing it.
    Well, folks, yesterday I took everyone's advice. I was at Panera, there was one large stall, and someone was in it. Forever. Clearly not reading the paper, maybe changing clothes? I jiggled. I waited. I jiggled some more, and called out, "How long are you going to be in there?" No answer. Feet still moving around, noises. I waited some more.

Finally a small middle-aged woman comes out. Shocked face, concern that maybe she hit me with the door. "No, you didn't hit me," I said, "But didn't you hear me asking how much longer you were going to be?"

"No," she says, "I'm deaf."

What? Whatever. I go in, and she has clearly been taking a sponge bath in there - wet paper towels every where. A homeless deaf woman, spending 15 minutes or more in the only large stall.

On the positive side, that doesn't happen every day.

Not addressing this to you personally Katja but I find jiggling the door handle and yelling at the person inside to be, well, very rude. I wouldn't appreciate somebody doing it to me, so I wouldn't do it to another person.

Unless you have x-ray vision and can see through the door, how do you know that the person inside doesn't have a legitimate need for the stall?

Quote Originally Posted by orangejello View Post
    Not addressing this to you personally Katja but I find jiggling the door handle and yelling at the person inside to be, well, very rude. I wouldn't appreciate somebody doing it to me, so I wouldn't do it to another person.

Unless you have x-ray vision and can see through the door, how do you know that the person inside doesn't have a legitimate need for the stall?
    I do, too. That's my quote above my post.

I said in this thread that I was uncomfortable doing those things. A number of people (x-ray vision being more common than I had assumed) urged me to do them anyway.

Given the length of time I waited for this woman, and the fact that she seemed to be doing a fair amount of moving about in the stall, I gave it a try. It didn't work. I won't be trying those tactics again - I agree that they are rude.

ETA: and I didn't yell. I'm not a yeller.

Quote Originally Posted by Katja View Post
    I do, too. That's my quote above my post.

I said in this thread that I was uncomfortable doing those things. A number of people (x-ray vision being more common than I had assumed) urged me to do them anyway.

Given the length of time I waited for this woman, and the fact that she seemed to be doing a fair amount of moving about in the stall, I gave it a try. It didn't work. I won't be trying those tactics again - I agree that they are rude.

ETA: and I didn't yell. I'm not a yeller.
    No need to get defensive....did you miss the part where I said my post wasn't addressed to you personally? I was using "you" in a general sense because I know the door jiggling and yelling idea was already mentioned more than once in this thread.

Quote Originally Posted by orangejello View Post
    No need to get defensive....did you miss the part where I said my post wasn't addressed to you personally? I was using "you" in a general sense because I know the door jiggling and yelling idea was already mentioned more than once in this thread.
    Not defensive, just responding.

Last time I checked being 'Deaf' is not a 'physical' handicap, so you had every right to wiggle, jiggle and bang on the door as you please at least until you got an answer. In this case, the person happened to be deaf and could not hear to respond. But they were still in the wrong.

I don't think it's rude to let someone know you are in a chair and need to use THAT stall, because it's the only one you CAN use. If they're handicapped, then they should respond as such and maybe say I'll be out as soon as I can, but I am handicapped. Then at least the wheelchair bound individual will know the person using the accessible stall whether they need it or not that someone in a chair is waiting. If they're not handicapped, then at least and hopefully there will be other people in the bathroom to see and embarrass the able bodied ASS come out while you sit in your chair waiting.

I had a buddy who was a bad MF'er but was killed in a motorcycle accident. However, if we were out and we hit the 'head' together and the accessible stall was taken he would freaking make a huge scene pounding on the door 'if you're not handicapped, I'm going to open this door and get you out so my buddy in the chair can use it'. It was embarrassing a bit to me, but the horrified look on the offending individual was priceless. One guy literally came out with his pants around his ankles to go to the next stall. I about shit myself....
    Larry
    ------
    Visit - The Wolfe Pit Channel