Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Quickie Lite wheelchair

Quickie Lite wheelchair

Has anyone tried out that new Quickie Lite folding wheelchair? Is it super light and easy to maneuver?

After you helped me out by letting me know some of the codes for getting Medicare to cover ultra lightweight chairs, I am researching some of them. Currently, I have 2 chairs: a Quickie GP rigid frame chair and a Quickie Revolution folding chair. I can't stand the Quickie GP chair, because of how heavy it is and its also very hard to put into a small car, so I'm looking for something a little more compact in the rigid frame style or a totally folding chair.
    Any suggestions?

Jessie
    (spastic paraparesis and L-4 SCI)

Jessie,go for a chair built in our state, Tilite.

I use a TiLite 2GX, which is a titanium folder. I'm very happy with it so far. It's significantly lighter than my old Quickie 2, even including the J3 backrest and thicker Stimulite Contour cushion. The rigidity also seems better. It's not as light as a rigid chair, like a TiLite ZR or ZRA or a Quickie Ti or GTi or Q7.
    I got it because it works with my Braun ChairTopper, which grabs the chair, picks it up, and stores it in a sealed compartment on top of the car. It would be difficult, however, to pull the 2GX into the car myself.

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick Madsen View Post
    Jessie,go for a chair built in our state, Tilite.
    Does Medicare cover titanium wheelchairs? Does TiLite make any non-titanium chairs that are still good? I've only used 3 different brands of chairs: E&J, Colours (which I hated because their Eclipse chair fell apart too quickly) and Quickie, so I don't know much about the other brands.

Jessie
    (spastic paraparesis and L-4 SCI)

Jessie,

TiLite is the way to go! Hands down the best chairs out there today. I have had 3 of their chairs and each one is better than the previous (All rigid frames though - AeroZ, ZRA, ZR). They make several folding chairs as well - anything that ends with an "X"...SX, 2GX, TX and AeroX. I rode the TX which is like a folding TR that i really liked but didn't need the chair to fold so i went with the ZR. Their Aluminum chairs are the AERO line... check em out at tilite.com.

I highly recommend a rigid cantilever frame (ZR/ZRA) if you are looking for a compact chair you can transfer into your car. And TiLite has the new ZR series 2 versions they just released....Since you live in Washington, find the rep, he has got to have a boat load of demos...

Good Luck!
    July 2006 T3/T4 Para

Out of all the schooling and course work and parenting i received, i can't help but think someone should have warned me about this....Paralysis Blows.

I had the ZRA and liked it so much I went with Tilite again. This time, a Tr. Much smaller tubing and much lighter than the open frame chairs.

I'd call care Medical in Seattle about getting a Tilite. Thye know the ins and outs.

Unfortunately the ZR series 2 chairs are not RELEASED yet, they have been unveiled. While at the Abilities Expo this past weekend I was told it could be another month or two before they hit the market (but IMO...it is definitely worth the wait, that is one GOOD LOOKING chair!!!). There are some changes that they are making to the chair before release including esthetic upgrades and some stuff to make it easier to adjust.
    The Series 2 chairs have been DRASTICALLY upgraded from the current model to make things easier to adjust on the ZRa, and more esthetically pleasing on both the ZRa and ZR. Anyone who purchases a Series 2 chair will have the ride of their life. I can't wait for these to be released and see some pictures of happy new end users.
    Mandy
    ~Mandy~
    SCI as a result of spinal surgery
    TiLite Aero Z!!!

I was measured for a new chair yesterday. I have a Tilite TX folder. I want a ZRA Series 2. They had a Q7 in the room so I hopped in it, it was OK but I am a Tilite guy, have been since 1999.

The tech I was with got in my TX and was very impressed with how little side to side movement it had for a folder, he actually said it was almost as stiff as a rigid. Not bad for being 3 yrs old.

If I get turned down by insurance for a new chair because my current chair only 3 yrs old I am going to get rid of the froglegs on the front and but a set of fixed footrests on it so I can get the Freewheel put on front when needed, which are 2 reasons I want a rigid chair.

I made the HUGE mistake of buying a TiLite ZRA with cash as my 1st chair and it was nothing but TROUBLE! It made my Explorer Sport that I rolled over 6 times look like a great vehicle + I used to call FORD Fix Or Recall Daily when I had it. I will NEVER again WASTE my $$$ on another TILITE! I currently have a NISSIN chair which is GREAT except for all the parts coming from JAPAN. At least they make a decent product that has yet to brake on me. The people working at TiLite in WA also REFUSED to help me as I had numerous sets of brakes and sideguards that I had to pay cash for and NOTHING was covered by Warranty. What a joke!

Quote Originally Posted by kel13 View Post
    I made the HUGE mistake of buying a TiLite ZRA with cash as my 1st chair and it was nothing but TROUBLE! It made my Explorer Sport that I rolled over 6 times look like a great vehicle + I used to call FORD Fix Or Recall Daily when I had it. I will NEVER again WASTE my $$$ on another TILITE! I currently have a NISSIN chair which is GREAT except for all the parts coming from JAPAN. At least they make a decent product that has yet to brake on me. The people working at TiLite in WA also REFUSED to help me as I had numerous sets of brakes and sideguards that I had to pay cash for and NOTHING was covered by Warranty. What a joke!
    Sorry about your experience...but that has not been my experience. I have had great success with my chair, and I am hard on all of my stuff. It has lasted very well...and the little things I needed to contact ti lite about was handled quickly and professionally. I will never go back to Quickie chairs again. TiLite for me all the way!
    "Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot nothing's going to get better. It's not." - Dr. Seuss