Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567

Thread: Hair (etc.) in casters

Once again, you have written a very interesting educational post Stubby. Many thanks.

I'm trying to achieve not having hair twisted around the spacers and looking for replacement spacers where that might not happen so bad. Need time to process what you wrote....

Quote Originally Posted by Stubby View Post
    I'm not sure I entirely understand what you are trying to achieve with the different spacers. Nevertheless?
    Partner of an incredible stroke survivor. Limitations: hemiparesis and neglect (functional paralysis and complete lack of awareness on one side). Equipment: TiLite ZRA 2 and 2GX, Spinergy ZX-1, RioMobility Firefly. Knowledge: relative newbie for high-level equipment (2012), but willing to try to help others who are new with similar limitations (definitely not a guru, but inquisitive).

This is my Oracing caster spacer, it just a very thin piece of aluminum ( I suppose ), and it seems to never catch any hair at all. Is it because of the thickness of the spacer?
    Name:  F2_caster_spacer.jpg
Views: 163
Size:  36.5 KB
    Life is meaningles, though you create the purpose.

That does not look any different to ours, other than it is not annodized. I have no idea why it doesn't catch the hairs like ours do.

Quote Originally Posted by sowseng View Post
    This is my Oracing caster spacer, it just a very thin piece of aluminum ( I suppose ), and it seems to never catch any hair at all. Is it because of the thickness of the spacer?
    Partner of an incredible stroke survivor. Limitations: hemiparesis and neglect (functional paralysis and complete lack of awareness on one side). Equipment: TiLite ZRA 2 and 2GX, Spinergy ZX-1, RioMobility Firefly. Knowledge: relative newbie for high-level equipment (2012), but willing to try to help others who are new with similar limitations (definitely not a guru, but inquisitive).

the spacer wall is almost as thin as a piece of paper. May be too thin to catch any hair.
    Last edited by sowseng; 07-28-2014 at 11:14 AM.
    Life is meaningles, though you create the purpose.

Frog Shields

I just saw that Frog Legs is selling Frog Shields https://froglegsinc.com/collections/...ts/frog-shield. They sell them in a set of 4, either black or silver.

Frog Shields are precision machined and anodized, 6061-T6 aircraft aluminum, replacements for traditional caster wheel spacers. Frog Shields fit over the wheel bearings to protect them from damage due to debris, water, hair and anything else NASTY. Over time buildup of grit, hair and gunk will chew up and crush your bearings resulting in reduced rolling efficiency. Frog Shields are designed exclusively for Frog Legs brand aluminum caster wheels in sizes from 3" to 6". They will also retro-fit to Frog Legs existing wheels made in prior years. You will love how easy it is to keep your wheels clean. No wiping, no tweezing, no NASTY.
    For use with aluminum caster wheels only.