Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Hair (etc.) in casters

Looking forward to hearing about it Pat.

I could have knit a sweater with what I pulled out of the casters yesterday. Granted, I let it go a bit too long. It was no easy task, and I am AB.

Strange that Frog Legs only found it interesting. I think they could market the heck out of a feature like that.

Quote Originally Posted by pattherat View Post
    I'll take some pics and post my $1 DIY solution soon....
    Partner of an incredible stroke survivor. Limitations: hemiparesis and neglect (functional paralysis and complete lack of awareness on one side). Equipment: TiLite ZRA 2 and 2GX, Spinergy ZX-1, RioMobility Firefly. Knowledge: relative newbie for high-level equipment (2012), but willing to try to help others who are new with similar limitations (definitely not a guru, but inquisitive).

1 month worth of hair, no lie:

Go here:

Buy 4.
    Do This:

Discard monkey
    Paint your favorite color:

Never have to see this again:

@Beth67: I floss too!

Really great idea Pat!!
    Chas
    TiLite TR3
    Dual-Axle TR3 with RioMobility DragonFly
    I am a person with mild/moderate hexaparesis (impaired movement in 4 limbs, head, & torso) caused by RRMS w/TM C7&T7 incomplete.

"I know you think you understand what you thought I said, but what I don't think you realize is that what you heard is not what I meant."
    <
    UNKNOWN AUTHOR>

Indeed, I like the idea as well. I would prefer nothing to rub the spinning caster though, and that looks like it might.
    C5-6 Complete - 8/13/1982

Quote Originally Posted by pattherat View Post
    1 month worth of hair, no lie:

Go here:

Buy 4.
    Do This:

Discard monkey
    Paint your favorite color:

Never have to see this again:

@Beth67: I floss too!
    Do we still need original spacer?
    Life is meaningles, though you create the purpose.

Love it Pat. You really threw me for a monkey spin at first (pardon the pun). Now just to think about where I can find something similar here.... Humm, thinking.....

BTW, very impressed that you can get your hairs out somewhat intact. I can't seem to get them out no mater how hard I try with pliers, etc. I smoked out our house last night burning them out, and there is still some left. I'm also going to give it a try with the Nair. Stay tuned....
    Partner of an incredible stroke survivor. Limitations: hemiparesis and neglect (functional paralysis and complete lack of awareness on one side). Equipment: TiLite ZRA 2 and 2GX, Spinergy ZX-1, RioMobility Firefly. Knowledge: relative newbie for high-level equipment (2012), but willing to try to help others who are new with similar limitations (definitely not a guru, but inquisitive).

Quote Originally Posted by chasmengr View Post
    Really great idea Pat!!
    Thanks, it's so simple but really works great so far.

Quote Originally Posted by Brianm
    Indeed, I like the idea as well. I would prefer nothing to rub the spinning caster though, and that looks like it might.
    They don't touch the the spinning caster at all. I'll post a pic of the other side.

Bicyclists use loose leather straps around axles to keep them clean. I've found that similar straps made from plastic cable ties works well for my casters; I rarely have to clean them.

Quote Originally Posted by Brianm View Post
    If you are able to post a picture I would like to see this. This has me thinking about something that will fit over my spacer to possibly keep the hair from accumulating around the spacer.
    Here you go Brian. Although I should have cleaned the dust off the nut first!
    Gordon, father of son who became t6 paraplegic at the age of 4 in 2007 as a result of surgery to remove a spinal tumour.

Great stuff guys. Thanks for the pictures. I am going to try putting cut off zip ties around the spacers and see how that works. Again, excellent ideas!
    C5-6 Complete - 8/13/1982