Thread: Jeans slipping to plumber crack levels

Jeans slipping to plumber crack levels

I'm a C-6 quad of 15 plus years and generally wear jeans. Many quads over time seem to either gain a lot of weight or get skinny, i got skinny. Went from about 6'1 170 pounds pre-injury to now about 135 pounds. Like a lot of quads though, i have somewhat of a quad gut. Not a huge one, but it's there in relation to the rest of my skinny body.

So back to jeans. Because i have really long legs, but toothpick legs along with a bit of a quad gut, the jeans size i have to buy make it hard to button my jeans after being put on. I only zip them up. That's fine because nobody sees it under shirts, but during the course of most days whether it's emptying my leg bag, putting my dog on his leash, picking stuff up off the floor that drops, and any other things that i have to bend way down for or lay my body on my lap, it makes my jeans slide down little by little each time. After awhile some days, they can end up half way off to the point if i have to bend down for something, i feel like like a plumber flashing some ass crack if the boxers slide down some also. I can use my thumbs in belt loops or pockets to pull the pants up a bit, but by then it's a pants war and momentum i'm losing with each bending movement.

If i'm home alone i can deal with this, even if it feels less than swell. When i'm out though, this annoys me much more and hate having to ask to have help yanking up my pants. Anyone else have this problem and figured out a solution?

Have you tried wearing a belt? I works for my son.

I have the same problem, I just order some custom made jeans from adaptationsbyadrian.com. Should have them in a few days and I will let you know how they fit.

Also another site to look at is usajeans.com
    Living the Dream, C6/C7 incomplete.

Jeans and No Crack

Been wearing jeans from Adaptations by Adrian for several years. Because they are custom made, they always fit good.

They are more than helpful folks, and will spend whatever amount of time with you to get you measurements and your wants and desires.

A By A also make clothing for babies and young people.
    You C.A.N.
    Conquer Adversity Now

I bought David some jeans from Haband, they have elastic in the sides of them that automatically adjust three different sizes. So like if he is a size 36 today, but a 38 tomorrow, they will fit fine.

Leaving your button open is a big problem, especially if/when the zipper opens, even a little. Do you wear belts in order to help keep the waist in place, but they still ride down?

You can also get a "privacy flap" type thing for your chair, if your back and seat have an opening in between.

Unlike most, I'm more bothered by my pants/jeans riding up, than down.

Quote Originally Posted by chick View Post
    Leaving your button open is a big problem, especially if/when the zipper opens, even a little. Do you wear belts in order to help keep the waist in place, but they still ride down?

You can also get a "privacy flap" type thing for your chair, if your back and seat have an opening in between.

Unlike most, I'm more bothered by my pants/jeans riding up, than down.
    Never tried belts because my fingers don't work. I can use them to do certain things, but a belt would strike me as problematic when getting into bed at night. Are there any belts that use velcro?

Hey, Duder, I'm a C-6 with no finger function as well, and I use regular leather belts sometimes, for the very reason to hold up my pants during transfers. And the belt has helped on jeans that were difficult to button and leaving the top button undone. It's really easier to manage than you think, and it only takes a little practice. Getting the belt off once you get in bed is actually easier than buckling it in the morning, and even that's not too tough. Try it out sometime, but make sure to put the belt through all your belt loops before putting your pants on.

Quote Originally Posted by TheDuder View Post
    Never tried belts because my fingers don't work. I can use them to do certain things, but a belt would strike me as problematic when getting into bed at night. Are there any belts that use velcro?
    My fingers no work either

Are your hands flaccid? A more toned hand may make it easier to "grap" onto the belt/straps to pull, but given that you're not likely needing to pull that tightly, just a light pull should suffice - put belt thru thumb and forefinger, and bend wrist back as you pull. btw, braided belts may be easier to put on, as you don't need to get the buckle thru any specific hole and is much more adjustable.

Like Scorp said, belts can help keep pants up while transferring as well as easier to undo once laying down in bed. I'm sure there are belts that have velcro on them, or at least velcro straps you can maybe use as belts? I think you can also get those velcro strips and attach them to belts, so you can have the appearance of a belt but with velcro to fasten.

Smile

Hi Duder,
    I suggest you get a nice pair of suspenders to keep your pants from sliding down on you so you don't show the plumbers crack. I have a problem of pants falling down on me even wearing a belt. If I use the suspenders that doesn't happen & saves me from having any embarrassing moments & they also help to keep my boxers from falling down on me.

Bob S.