Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Parking Woes

Honestly, that guy could have parked perfectly flush with those lines (he would have been legal) and you would have still faced the same problem.

These lines were not big enough basically. And sometimes there are no lines. So, I would suggest this is nobody's fault......sometimes shit just happens.

You didn't help yourself by hugging the other side of the line but the slashes are not wide enough to begin with so I would have waited for a bit and then went into the store and tried to have him paged or you could have had someone back the van out for you.
    Tough Times Don't Last...Tough People Do!

Quote Originally Posted by rcechser View Post
    You didn't help yourself by hugging the other side of the line but the slashes are not wide enough to begin with so I would have waited for a bit and then went into the store and tried to have him paged or you could have had someone back the van out for you.

This was actually on a college campus. So paging would not have worked...no telling where the person was. The space where I usually park was taken, so I didn't have much of a choice. In my experience, spaces that are diagonal don't seem to require the same amount of space as the straight spaces do. If he would have parked properly, I think I could have made it.
    "The truth will set you free. But first, it will piss you off." -Gloria Steinem

Quote Originally Posted by Danine View Post
    This was actually on a college campus. So paging would not have worked...no telling where the person was. The space where I usually park was taken, so I didn't have much of a choice. In my experience, spaces that are diagonal don't seem to require the same amount of space as the straight spaces do. If he would have parked properly, I think I could have made it.
    I agree if the asshole would have parked right you probably could have squeezed by, so how'd you get into your van?

Damn, almost went ballistic just now. Went to local mall, and had just rolled out my ramp when this little car pulls into the h/c space next to me. I look thru windshield and see to hs age boys. WTF? I murmur, but hold my tongue til they get out(never know one of them could have needed it) but nooooo, these 2 very AB boys get out. I cut loose.

"You have got to be fucking kidding me! Using your parents h/c plaque HUH?" one kid mumbles something.. "What mf'er??? no answer... You two are the laziest, most inconsiderate assholes I've seen in a long time! Do your parents know you use this? If so then they're even lower on the scum list then you are." they continue walking away... "Don't be surprised if you got a flat when you come back."

Didn't do it but man was I tempted. Worried the kid though, he kept looking back for a long time.
    "a T10, who'd Rather be ridin'; than rollin'"

This just happened to me last week at a movie theater when I was with one of my girl friends. I popped a wheelie onto the ramp & then she helped straighten me out so I could get in. I start getting in my seat & next thing I know she throws the rest of her pop on their windshield & leaves the cup upside down sitting right in the middle of the front hood. Hopefully they seen it before all the ice cubes melted.
    Life is like a box of chocolates, you never know what you're gonna get.

Quote Originally Posted by McDuff View Post
    Damn, almost went ballistic just now. Went to local mall, and had just rolled out my ramp when this little car pulls into the h/c space next to me. I look thru windshield and see to hs age boys. WTF? I murmur, but hold my tongue til they get out(never know one of them could have needed it) but nooooo, these 2 very AB boys get out. I cut loose.

"You have got to be fucking kidding me! Using your parents h/c plaque HUH?" one kid mumbles something.. "What mf'er??? no answer... You two are the laziest, most inconsiderate assholes I've seen in a long time! Do your parents know you use this? If so then they're even lower on the scum list then you are." they continue walking away... "Don't be surprised if you got a flat when you come back."

Didn't do it but man was I tempted. Worried the kid though, he kept looking back for a long time.
    I would have been just as mad, but probably wouldn't have been able to leave without doing anything. My key would have gotten the best of their car.
    Life is like a box of chocolates, you never know what you're gonna get.

Quote Originally Posted by Purple Haze View Post
    All great ideas, my favorite would be to kiss the truck with my chair.

I had it happen to me once when I was out by myself, I call the Fire Department and they were happy to help. They moved my van so I could get in. Most malls have security or police on call that could also help.
    Yeah, that was kind of what I was trying to imply.

I don't have a ramp. but if someone crowds the spot, and I can;t get the door fully open I am stuck. But paging isn't usually an option, paging someone to come and move their car, means I have to be able to get out in the first place, to go in, and have them paged. Vicious circle there.
    T7-8 since Feb 2005

Quote Originally Posted by wtf View Post
    I agree if the asshole would have parked right you probably could have squeezed by, so how'd you get into your van?
    Thank goodness I can stand. I put the ramp up. I drove my chair around to the drivers side, did bending and twisting (of the back...which, of course hurt like hell) to get the drivers seat swivelled into the driving position, got in, moved the van back a few feet, then leaned against the van to balance myself while wobbling back to my chair. I was exhausted at the end of the ordeal, but again, thankful that I can stand and walk a bit. One of the reasons, I started this thread is because I always wonder what would happen if I didn't have that option.
    "The truth will set you free. But first, it will piss you off." -Gloria Steinem