Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Signs Of Spring 2010

catlady---- they are Cameilias.

Spring Color

Foolish

"We have met the enemy and he is us."-POGO.

"I have great faith in fools; self-confidence my friends call it."~Edgar Allan Poe

"Dream big, you might never wake up!"- Snoop Dogg

FO...nice wheelchair view there....pity you couldnt get around the other side to see how cold it was?

spring

was awaken today by the sound of the first of many Canadian geese heading north....spring has sprung...woohoo!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by rebajane View Post
    catlady---- they are Cameilias.
    Thanks, Rebajane, I had no idea what they were. I was actually gonna suggest Catlady ask you, because I know you're good at identifying plants/flowers.
    "The truth will set you free. But first, it will piss you off." -Gloria Steinem

Quote Originally Posted by Emi2 View Post
    spring flowers are still at least a month away, 2 months till the trees leaf out but....it's melting! kids are out in spring coats and my oldest comes home with no coat on everyday...puddles galore. I'm stuck to sidewalks until the mud dries out.
    i will live vicariously though your beautiful flower photos. I planted a lot of perrenials last year and can't wait to see how they come up.
    Thanks for posting this pic. It took me back to my own childhood. After all the big thunderstorms, my older sister and I would go out and play in the mud puddles and water-filled ditches...good times!
    "The truth will set you free. But first, it will piss you off." -Gloria Steinem

I finally took my mittens out of my jacket pocket today, although I am not ready to put the jacket itself away yet. I did notice yesterday that there are very tight but noticeable buds now on the Dogwood trees. They are usually in bloom around the same time as The Boston Marathon, which is only roughly a month away.

Living in Wisconsin our signs of spring today were simply not having to freeze my ass of when walking my dog and wow how wonderful that is.

Holy shit do i hate winter more and more as each year goes by. The only sliver of good about winter is people who live through roughly five months of that hell is that when it finally ends, we surely appreciate even just weather in the 50's almost like it's winning the lottery.

Wow! I really enjoy your pic's.
    Thank you.

I went to try and get some pictures today, but my little 1 inch daffy leaves trying to come up through the old leaves looked too sad to post.

Those of you from places further south ..... keep on posting, it gives us northerners hope!
    T7-8 since Feb 2005