Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Signs Of Spring 2010

I just love taking pictures of things blooming in my yard, though I'm sure they are of no interest to anyone but me. Had to go to town today and got a good view of Spring here. The tulip trees are in full bloom. Forsythia, bradford pears, daffodils are blooming. I am in zone 8, for you gardners. The willows are leafing out. The redbuds and dogwood have buds, but not flowering yet. Sorry for all of you that are having flooding. It has been a hard winter for us all. Here are my daffodils.

So pretty. My daffodils are poking up about an inch near the house. The ones further out are still not seen. The trees are budding, but the only real sign of spring here is
    Last edited by sjean423; 03-15-2010 at 08:20 PM.
    T7-8 since Feb 2005

My friend and I were just talking today about how we can't wait for all the pretty spring/summer flowers to arrive. My flower bulbs (except the crocus) are just starting to come up.

Thanks for all the replys.

WTF, I love your current avatar. You truly are a lovely woman. I'm glad your getting some retail therapy...and I don't do too many girly things, but I like having my toe nails done too...love french pedicures!

Rebajane, nice pic. I'm glad you're seeing some relief from the long, hard winter.

Sjean, yes, my throat is wicked sore. I don't usually have a lot of Spring allergies, so hopefully it won't get much worse.

Amarillogal, make sure to post some pics when you get a chance.
    "The truth will set you free. But first, it will piss you off." -Gloria Steinem

spring flowers are still at least a month away, 2 months till the trees leaf out but....it's melting! kids are out in spring coats and my oldest comes home with no coat on everyday...puddles galore. I'm stuck to sidewalks until the mud dries out.
    i will live vicariously though your beautiful flower photos. I planted a lot of perrenials last year and can't wait to see how they come up.
    Emily, C-8 sensory incomplete mom to a 8 year old and a preschooler. TEN! years post.

just to be fair, my oldest girl as well.
    Emily, C-8 sensory incomplete mom to a 8 year old and a preschooler. TEN! years post.

Quote Originally Posted by Danine View Post
    WTF, I love your current avatar. You truly are a lovely woman. I'm glad your getting some retail therapy...and I don't do too many girly things, but I like having my toe nails done too...love french pedicures!
    Thanks Danine I've never had a french pedicure but I must try it. I'm glad you went out and took these pics - looking at all of nature's beauty really does make one smile and thankful to be alive to enjoy them - I know for me it does.

Danine, those buds + huge flower are really beautiful! What are they?

Quote Originally Posted by Emi2 View Post
    just to be fair, my oldest girl as well.
    Emi I can't get over how grown up Violet looks ...... yeah for booter season I remember my kids being soaked continuously for at least a month every Spring ...... used to complain ... now I'd give anything to have those days back .... try and enjoy their glee .... the days are fleeting ....

Obie
    ~ Be the change you wish to see in the world ~ Mahatma Gandi

" calling all Angels ...... calling all Angels ....walk me through this one .. don't leave me alone .... calling all Angels .... calling all Angels .... we're tryin' and we're hopin' cause we're not sure how ....... this .... goes ..."
    Jane Siberry

Thanks for posting those lovely pics. I'm so tired of winter!