Page 1 of 8 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Signs Of Spring 2010

Signs Of Spring 2010

Last year, I started a thread called "Signs of Spring" where folks could post pics, talk about the weather, discuss outdoor activities, or just talk about coming out of hibernation...lol.

It was a pretty big hit, so I decided to start another one for this year.

I went out to my favorite park today and snapped some pics.

I apologize for posting each pic separately, but I can not figure out how to put multiple pics in a single post without them turning into links.
    "The truth will set you free. But first, it will piss you off." -Gloria Steinem

The buds posted above eventually turn into this:

Nothing green here yet. Lots of snow still on the ground, but a lot has melted. The east fork of the Des Moines river is about to crest in my town, and KMart has packed all their inventory and hauled it somewhere else. Most of the town is up on a hill, so no worries there.

I do hear the birds though, and that's a nice sound to hear after so many months.

My basement is flooded
    Please donate a dollar a day at http://justadollarplease.org.
    Copy and paste this message to the bottom of your signature.

Thanks!

This Weeping Willow is getting its leaves.

Quote Originally Posted by rdf View Post
    Nothing green here yet. Lots of snow still on the ground, but a lot has melted. The east fork of the Des Moines river is about to crest in my town, and KMart has packed all their inventory and hauled it somewhere else. Most of the town is up on a hill, so no worries there.

I do hear the birds though, and that's a nice sound to hear after so many months.

My basement is flooded
    That sounds scary, rdf. Please be careful and take care!

Nice pics Danine. Pretty.
    Please donate a dollar a day at http://justadollarplease.org.
    Copy and paste this message to the bottom of your signature.

Thanks!

...last one for now.

Beautiful pics Danine. I spent the weekend cleaning out my closest, putting my winter wear away and bringing out my summer clothes I've been buying now I just need to get my toes done. Today I was outside practing getting into my car and my favorite cop stopped by and chatted he was away from the sun and I was facing it so I can tell my face just got darker, I love the sun but I think I need more sunscreen. I am so glad springs here